Frasier

Tools    

Fraiser is an american sitcom that ran for a very respectable eleven seasons and it is a show to this day I love to watch. When Fraiser ran in the UK originally I didn't watch it, it was only in my later years that I watch it and realised what a genius program it was. The scripts are very tight, everyone involved are quick witted and can get their lines our in a perfect manner.

Fraiser is a divorcee who moved back to Seattle after a break up with his wife in Boston which was seen in the sister program Cheers. He is a psychiatrist who worked on a radio show to offer advice.

Fraiser has a brother Niles who is basically Frasier but younger and some of the best moments are when they argue, they are extremely competitive to the point they will do anything they can to stop one another but ultimately they do love each other.

Martin is a gruff manly father to Frasier and Niles, a cop earlier in his life he is the polar opposite to both of his sons but he is proud of them and though it took a lot of Jim Beam he did admit he loved them.

Finally you have Daphne, a psychic physical therapist who looks after Martin, it takes a while but they find her psychic skills as charming. She is the love of Niles life and he would do anything if only he could admit he loved her.

As I say I love this program and if I ever see it on TV even if I have seen the episode before I will always watch it.

Let the night air cool you off
Best sitcom of all-time. Daphne and Nile are my favorite onscreen couple of all-time, even if I did prefer them before they were actually together.

Best sitcom of all-time. Daphne and Nile are my favorite onscreen couple of all-time, even if I did prefer them before they were actually together.
I understand why they did bring them together and personally I didn't mind it but I understand why people also dislike it. Some of the more classic scenes were Niles trying to get Daphne such as the episode where Frasier and Niles go into Daphne's room, it was just so funny.

Let the night air cool you off
I didn't mind them together as a couple, I rooted for Niles to get the girl for so long that I think I would have been upset if it never happened. Like you said though, there were so many funny scenes involving Niles infatuation before they were together.

FRASIER was a quietly brilliant sitcom which is probably the only spinoff that was superior to the show that it spun off of and probably featured the best writing of a sitcom ever. FRASIER was the sitcom for the comedy lovers who liked their comedy with a little more meat and that acquired occasional thought from the viewer to appreciate how clever it was. One thing that I would have done differently is pair Niles with Roz instead of Daphne. Niles and Daphne were dull together, but the hate/hate relationship between Niles and Roz would have been really interesting to watch develop into a romance.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I was glad to see Niles and Daphne get together eventually, but the stuff with Niles' feelings for her that led up to it were some of the funniest moments on the show. The comments with double meanings, the little looks that we would see on his face, etc.

I don't think there is anyone else in the world who could have portrayed Frasier's little brother better than David Hyde-Pierce.