PMMM (TV version) is legally available on Youtube!

Tools    

Behold! Widely regarded as the greatest anime series of the decade and one of the greatest TV series of all time is actually available legally on youtube on resolution of up to 1080 PT (blu ray!)! This 12 episode series begins cute and sugary for the first episodes (like those moe TV shows) but soon becomes a bit "different" in tone. The movie duology has the same basic plot but with better animation, editing, dialogue is cleaned up and has an upgraded soundtrack (roughly the same degree of difference between the Fanny and Alexander TV a film versions). Though I prefer the film version but for those that don't want to spend money (or use non-legal means) here it is, in less than 6 hours one can watch one of the craziest TV series ever:

Edit, put the reproduction list starting on episode one:

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I would watch it, but don't have time for it, but maybe I will watch it when I find the time.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Whoa man, you are quite a fanboy.

It's a pretty good series indeed. I would recommend it to those who enjoyed Neon Genesis Evangelion in special (in my mind they are kind of alike for some reason).

Whoa man, you are quite a fanboy.
I am setting up a branch of the Madoka church in my hometown.

It's a pretty good series indeed. I would recommend it to those who enjoyed Neon Genesis Evangelion in special (in my mind they are kind of alike for some reason).
Yeah, Madoka is Evangelion but better executed and without the filler episodes.

Finished here. It's been fun.
^ Guaporense may I ask what is the difference between the movie and TV version of PMMM? You have it ranked as your favorite film and that certainly captures my attention, because you seem to know a bunch about films. Just wondering, because PMMM seems very interesting.

I'd like to know more about those differences too.

^ Guaporense may I ask what is the difference between the movie and TV version of PMMM? You have it ranked as your favorite film and that certainly captures my attention, because you seem to know a bunch about films. Just wondering, because PMMM seems very interesting.
TV version is 290 minutes long, Movie version is 240 minutes long. The movie version cuts scenes from the early episodes (that are not essential to the plot) to focus more on the more dramatic parts towards the end of the plot. The movie also has superior animation and improved background paintings though the TV series may create a better sense of atmosphere by slowing things a little over the beginning so I guess it's better for people to watch the series first to understand the plot, which is delivered at a slightly slower pace. Anyway, I consider the TV series the best TV series I ever watched and the movie is my current favorite.

It's pretty much a refurbished version of the TV series though some people may claim it's like George Lucas' refurbished versions of the original Star Wars Trilogy with more CGI effects. Anyway, I prefer the movie version because it looks more gorgeous and has more Ozu-style pillow shots featuring these gorgeous background paintings for the more dramatic parts in the climax of the series that add to the dramatic impact.

I would watch it, but don't have time for it, but maybe I will watch it when I find the time.
Instead of PMMM I would recommend for you Haibane Renmei, I think you would like that more than PMMM, since it is much less aggressive, slow paced and doesn't have any those silly action sequences common in anime series. It's a very artsy and religious 13 episode series (about 310 minutes long) that remembers me a bit of Andrei Rublev though it has a plot it is an extremely ambiguous one. It's my number 2 anime series and one of my top 5 fav. animations counting Miyazaki's films.

The whole series is also available on youtube:
, though it's dubbed in english.

Okay I watched episode 2. I think I'm starting to appreciate it more. I felt better about it at least. The magic girl aspect and the cuteness of it doesn't appeal to me. But I at least feel a lot less critical. I can see its obvious merits. I don't think I'm going to appreciate it as much as any of its fans, but for me it is at least watchable and entertaining.

Haibane Renmei is an anime I've been aware of for a long time but never seen. It looks more up my alley too.

The series is still on Netflix I think, in case anyone's interested. It's a very intelligent and emotional deconstruction of the 'magical girl' subgenre as others have said.

Okay I watched episode 2. I think I'm starting to appreciate it more. I felt better about it at least. The magic girl aspect and the cuteness of it doesn't appeal to me. But I at least feel a lot less critical. I can see its obvious merits. I don't think I'm going to appreciate it as much as any of its fans, but for me it is at least watchable and entertaining.

Haibane Renmei is an anime I've been aware of for a long time but never seen. It looks more up my alley too.
Trust me, you need to see at LEAST episode 3 before you can start to get a real understanding of where they're going with the story. It gets dark, very dark, bro.

Yeah that's where it hooked me. I decided to watch on a lark one day after all and then I got more and more into it. Great horror series, really effed-up.

WARNING: "PMMM The Movie: Rebellion" spoilers below
This movie was a lot of fun to watch, especially because of the animation. But it sure did make my head explode. Especially the ending. I'm not one of those people who hates sad endings, but man this one actually kinda depressed me a little. I can't believe she turned into a demon. Ugh, it's so eternally hopeless and theologically terrifying. The worst part though was the ambiguous ending. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I prefer how the series ended. There was one major element that I felt was lacking, and that was the nature of the human soul. Here and there they would hint at a greater significance to the human soul, but it seemed like they avoided going into any depth with the issue. For example Kyubey tells Akemi that her sould will perish for eternity if she becomes a witch inside the prison-like place. And Akemi constantly tells Madoka not to throw her soul away for a wish. But they never really get very deep in theology. Well I'm sure the average person doesn't think about it much, but I actually study theology in university so I think about it a lot. The concept of selling your soul for a wish is awesome, but I did feel they fell a bit short on that.

In the end I'm very glad I was able to learn to appreciate this.

I thought the ending of the series was still kinda sad but fair. I really hated the little cat dude (forgot his name) but I can understand his reasoning. I still think he was extremely manipulative though.

And I still can't understand why Madoka doesn't have nipples.