10 Best Movies Of The Last 10 Years

Tools    

I ******* know! I think mainland China is just a sh!tty place for good filmmaking. Taiwan is about the only place you're going to get quality Mandarin like Three Times. Only problem is, you have to hope that he doesn't just have huge sections in Cantonese like Yang had in Yi Yi. Anyways, 'Preciate the recs, man!

I have no problem finding amazing arthouse films from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, or Thailand. It's the mainland PRC that seems to lack a meaningful new wave.

Believe me they weren't back then! you wouldn't believe how difficult it is to pronounce Lucky Luke in French when you have a scouse accent
I struggle with English in a scouse accent, let alone French.

I just remembered, Wild China is one of the most beautiful documentaries I've ever seen and the whole thing is available on Netflix's instant play
Do want. And I must see more Hou in general.

Wrong thread, but could yall give me some recs for good Mandarin-language films I haven't seen?

p.s. If it helps the topic, try to make sure these are some of the best Mandarin-language films that have been made in the last 10 years.
Have you seen Zhou Yu's Train? I think that's one of the best Mandarin-language films of the last 10 years (I haven't seen that many, but still, this one is well worth checking out.)

Yo some aboves are ****ing list. Anyone against for this below >????

1. Gladiator
2. The Lord of Rings Triology
3. The Judgement Day
4. The Matrix
5. Good Fellas
6. Toy Story
7. Platoon
8. Titanic
9. The Shawshank Redemption
10. Kill Bill vol. 1

Some recommends will be updated soon.

Platoon, Titanic, Goodfellas & Judgement Day came out in the last 10 years??
Don't forget Shawshank, Toy Story and The Matrix.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Some recommends will be updated soon.

Yo.... somehow I really doubt that...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The 10 Best Movies Since 1996.

1. Fight Club
2. Toy Story 2
3. Se7en
4. Shaun Of The Dead
5. American History X
6. The Departed
7. Fargo
8. The Big Lebowski
9. American Beauty
10. Saving Private Ryan

its a list of most thriller ones especially mystery thriller ones which is best in its content and thrilling effect
1.memento
2.shutter island
3.the prestige
4.Orphan
5.Karthik calling Karthik

Googled for a good list of movies to check out over the weekend. Found this and just had to throw in my 2 cents of all-time favorites. Listing them by year from 96 and then a couple at the end...

1996 - Fargo (Coen), Trainspotting (Boyle)
1997 - Couldn't think of that many from this year... either Lost Highway (Lynch), Jackie Brown (Tarantino), or maybe The Game (Fincher)
1998 - [This was a good year for movies… almost too many to choose from] Happiness (Solondz), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Gilliam), The Truman Show (Weir), Buffalo '66 (Gallo), The Big Lebowski (Coen)… I guess it's cheating to list all my favorites from this year.. . i'll stop there. [Maybe throw in Very Bad Things too… lol]
1999 - Fight Club (Fincher), Office Space (Judge), eXistenZ (Cronenburg)
2000 - American Psycho (Harron), Amores Perros (Inarritu)
2001 - Mulholland Dr. (Lynch), Amelie (Jeunet), Y Tu Mama Tambien (Cuaron)
2002 - Igby Goes Down (Steers), The Rules of Attraction (Avary), Gangs of New York (Scorsese)
2003 - Lost in Translation (Coppola)
2004 - Mysterious Skin (Araki)
2005 - Sin City (Rodriguez), Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (Black)
2006 - A Scanner Darkly (Linklater), Happy Feet (Miller), Candy (Armfield)
2007 - American Gangster (Scott), Superbad (Mottola), Juno (Reitman)
2008 - The Dark Knight (Nolan),
2009 - Inglorious Basterds (Tarantino), Star Trek (Abrams), Up (Peterson)
2010 - Kick-Ass (Vaughn)

Had some favorites before '96… like… Just too many movies to pick from... I guess it's harder than it seems.

Naked Lunch (Cronenburg, 1991)
Brazil (Gilliam, 1985)
Santa Sangre (Jodorowsky, 1989)
Alice (Svankmajer, 1988)
Pulp Fiction (Tarantino, 1994)
Taxi Driver (Scorsese, 1976)
Scarface (De Palma, 1983)