What's the Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
"We accept you Gooble Ga...we accept you Gooble Ga!"Freaks is a great movie...and the end scared me.Mom,remember the Night Watchman,with Ewin McGreggor?The ending was lame...but it was scary for like the first hour or so.

yeah, sadesdrk, that was scary, forgot about that one. It takes a little more to get me scared, now that Iam older, movies with monsters or things like that are pretty tame for me now. What gets me really frightened is when the story is about someone seemingly "normal" fools everyone and turns out to be just EVIL!! Like a Pycho-type person.

PUMPKINHEAD and THE THING with Kurt Russell. And RE-ANIMATOR even though now--it makes me laugh. I don't remember why I got scared of it cuz its just fun now!

Now With Moveable Parts
My sister and I just rented the Re-Animator,just to see what all the hoopla was about.Well...we could certianly say,after watching the whole thing,that it's the weirdest,craziest movie I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.I'm glad I did though,people talk about it all the time.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
My sister and I just rented the Re-Animator,just to see what all the hoopla was about.Well...we could certianly say,after watching the whole thing,that it's the weirdest,craziest movie I have ever had the displeasure of seeing.I'm glad I did though,people talk about it all the time.
Sades,sades,sades, what am I going to do with you? when are you going to stop corruptin' your sibs?? That is not a movie your sisters' would have rented or their own and you know it. Geeze.: I thought of another good one too, even though this movie is not a scary movie per se, the bad guy is one scary dude. Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet is so creepy, very convincing as a mental case.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Lol, Mark is writing his 11th grade extended research paper about why Blue Velvet should be on the AFI top 100 list!!

Yes Sades, yes! Freaks is the ultimate scariest of all! Alien scared me when it was new, but the later ones were notsohot. but Freaks is tops. Right on it!
Love,
Jozie

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I think Dee Sniders Strangeland has to be one of the creepiest movies I have seen. I had the oppurtunity to walk in in the middle of it, and well right in one of the weird scenes. Very bizarre.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The film that scared me the most was 'Jaws'. My parents took us to see it at the drive-in when I was about 8. I thought I was having a heart attack.

I stopped being scared of movies long ago. Can't get past the whole 'it's only a movie' thing. Now I just become disturbed by them, and that's another thread.

R
You get me slapped with a fine, you argue with the customers and I have to patch everything up, you get us thrown out of a funeral by violating the corpse, and then to top it off, you ruin my relationship. I mean, what's your encore? Do you, like, anally rape my mother while pouring sugar in my gas tank?

scariest movie i've ever seen would have to be the blair witch project. i've probably already said this in a different thread but i had to walk round a carpet shop to calm myself down!

Originally posted by Kielle
scariest movie i've ever seen would have to be the blair witch project. i've probably already said this in a different thread but i had to walk round a carpet shop to calm myself down!
HUH!? Come on, to think that this movie was soooo scary that you would have to walk around a carpet shop is unbelievable. True, it has its moments when it makes you think this is actually happening, BUT I find it hard to believe that this movie was so scary, so pshycological, that it made you have to calm yourself down. I walked out of the theater after seeing this saying, wow, thats a weird way to end it, I don't remember being scared, nor my date, to the point where we were pacing any kind of store. In fact, I think we went and ate after that.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Blair Witch scared the crap out of me. It really did. I thought it was completely real, and I live in the woods. It was just tooo eerie and realistic.

I have to agree there. Blair Witch was xtremely scary. Kielle had to leave the room when they found that guys fingernails. I thought it was inceredibly clever! BUT the scariest movie i have ever seen is What Lies Beneath. Again, very clever with many times where you think the film ends. Did anyone notice that Fords face was in the snow of the cemetry right at the end?

i hated every minute of BWP. it scared the bujesus out of me! and you couldnt pay me to see it again... well Ok maybe you could.
Anyway, it's each to their own spdcr.
i personally cant understand why people find things like the exorcist frightening, sure they're good for a scream fest but they dont actually frighten me, because you know that it cant possibly be real. Thats what was different about BWP. i've been lost in the woods many times
(mainly over two days of the duke of edinburgh expedition, britlanders will know what that is)
and it just kind of brings it home that theres the possibility that it could happen. You dont know who's lurking in the woods at night.

Originally posted by Aranor
I have to agree there. Blair Witch was xtremely scary. Kielle had to leave the room when they found that guys fingernails.
oh yeah! i saw it on vid with you didnt i! yeah, i just couldnt take any more. With that bloke screaming and all. like i said, not a good film.

Originally posted by Kielle
i personally cant understand why people find things like the exorcist frightening, sure they're good for a scream fest but they dont actually frighten me, because you know that it cant possibly be real.
Uh, demon's do possess people and make them do things they have no idea they are doing. Part of that movie(Exorcist) was based on events that actually happened. Everyone gets lost in the woods at one point or another, and to think that there is a witch or crazy old man wanting to kill you out there is ridiculous. But some people just get scared easier than others. Personally, when they found the shirt wrapped up I didn't know what was in it. I never did.

I didn't know what was in that shirt, either. You can't tell, but my family and I think that it was some fingers or something similar like that. And yes, "The Blair Witch Project" was amazingly creepy. I love that. I thought "What Lies Beneath" was good, but I don't think that was Ford's face at the end...it looked like a woman's to me. That whole movie was creepy...did a great job of building up suspense with it's sounds, camera angles, and all-around atmosphere.

This is just an FYI for those who didn't know

Zemickis shot What Lies Beneath in between shooting on Cast Away, had to give Tom Hanks time to lose weight and grow a nasty beard.