Where do you like to sit?

Tools    

When you go to the movies where do you like to sit?

I chose "left side," because I like to sit on the left half of the theatre most of the time, somewhere around halfway from the screen...though if the theatre has three "sections" to it, I usually sit in the middle one, unless I can't find any good seats there. I gotta say, though, in the end, it doesn't matter much. When I first went to see "Unbreakable," I was bummed because it was packed, and we ended up like 5 rows from the front of a somewhat small theatre, all the way to the far right. I was really annoyed, but 5-10 minutes in, I'd forgotten about it. Unless I'm sitting in like the absolute front row, I seem to usually forget where I am...so it doesn't make a huge difference.

Always seem to end on the right side--dunno why. I also prefer the aisles cuz I can go to the restrooms without stepping on other people . . . "pardon me . . excuse me . . . sorry about your crutch . . . was that your puppy . . . I'll pay for your dry cleanin . . . sorry about ze butter stain . . . I beg yer pardon

Now With Moveable Parts
doesn't matter where I first sit down...I always end up movin'because the person behind me is doing a running commentary of the movie or chewing popcorn like a mad-man or stepping on my hair(i like to scrunch down in my seat)I always move or sometimes tell someone else to...who brings cell phones to the movies anyhoo? I hate that!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I sit in the back so that the rebellious and angry with life Mark can't hit me in the back of the head with stuff he throws! Kidding, but I do sit in the back. Dunno why. I like the view, especially if it's stadium seating. Makes me feel superiour being at the top!

Great poll by the way.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I usually sit in the middle, or if my nephews are with me they want to sit up front so i compromise and get like 7 rows from the front.

When I was little I used to just sit on the front row and have my head pointing straight up and i thought..yeah this is the way to go.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Oh, i should say that when I said 7th row center I didn't mean the 7th row. I just meant smack in the middle of the theatre.

LOLL@ Wortle, hahaha. When I was little I sit on Pigsnies lap. But that isnt in the poll so I picked Mommys. Now I sit in the 7th seat of the 7th row & if its taken, I yell JENNIfER ANISTON! in the theatre & the person runs out & I take the seat.

i voted up front, but im becoming more and more of a bottom of stadium section kinda guy
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I always sit as close as possible, right in the middle.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
THE MIDDLE!!!

i am not a total control freak, but i have certain pleasures in life that i prolong and plan for, and, for me, that makes the experience even more delicious. thus, my movie viewing ritual:

1. Leave home/wherever well in advance, with a backpack, bearing soda, candy, chips, Togo's sandwiches, etc.
2. Arrive, at LEAST 20 min early, with the movie already in mind and the time known.
3. Pay, using my student ID even though I am no longer a student, and, because i go to AMC most often, my moviewatching card, for future viewing prizes.
4. Enter the playing field, in which the crowd and crush of people splits left, right, and also floods the snack bar. Though i bring my own snacks, i usually buy something anyway, to appease the movie gods. Often, a sugar cinammon pretzel, and once upon a time, nachos, before they turned to a crappy brand of nacho chip.
5. To the theater. I enter the dark womb of movieland, and set upon my mission. With the vistas before me, usually mostly empty, I scan for the exact middle front - usually Rows 5, 6, or 7, middle seats. I enter the row, and my best friend/other companion always sits to my left.

Seated, then, with usually 5-15 min to go, I settle into my chair and remove things from wrappers ahead of time so that they do not disturb my fellow moviegoers during the movie later. Don't wish to set a bad example. Then, I chit chat with my friend, usually quite loudly. The moment, however, the room goes dark and the previews begin it's mouth shut - for the previews are part of what makes a movie a movie. Love those.

And there it is ... the great Movie Ritual. Patented by Miriam, owned forever, and a source of much bliss.

They let you bring a backpack into the theatre? Damn... who knew!? I might have to try that.

Different for me...I grab popcorn, a soda, and that's it! No candy...soda must always be the largest they have, and diet. Usually get a large popcorn. "Do you want butter on that?" has become a completely rhetorical question at this point.

I used to sit in the front all the time when I was little, like first or second row front.

Now I like the back, although it seems that people like to talk out loud in the back more...which I cannot stand.

RRRRR...boo to people who talk during movies!

Steve

I sit where my bruddahs sit. Believe me you don't want to step on their size 16s when you want to the bathroom. They joke about women having to bring their "personal" bottles.

When I'm with my friends, we're in the middle.

Me and my friend traditionally bring cans of Chery Coke to the movies. The sound of the cans opening has become synonomous with the dimming of theatre lights.

i hate sitting at the front. i always strain my neck! also depends on who i'm with.

If I get to choose where (nearsighted friends who won't wear their glasses. boo!) I always always sit in the last row, so I can bounce up and down and slouch&slump and sit on the back of the chair if there are too-talls in front of me. Movies are best when savored like a fine painting . . . from a distance.
You betcha
Love,
Jozie