Who shall Badger with me?

Tools    

Originally posted by PigsnieLite
I dont think you can assume that just becuz a guys name is jesus that he doesnt have acess to a computer. You are thinkin that most of them live in poor computerless countries but that isnt so. There are 2 guys in my skizool named Jesus, one is from Bolivia & the other ones from argentina!
He didn't assume that...he said most of them, which is probably true.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by spdrcr
...most of them that do, either dont have access to a computer or aren't privledged to have one(not saying that any person by the name Jesus is this way, just saying a good majority is.
Plite, you need to read everything before tearing it down. I said that not everyone is this way, but a good majority is. so theres like a 80 to 20% difference.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Im sorry if you think I was tearin you down but I do still think that you guys over react when you see the name Jesus. When I was in the philippines almost every family had a kid named Jesus so I really dont know why using the name on a message board is a kind of slander. Would it be ok with you if the poster used his real surname-- like Jesus Roberto- or would you still ask him to change his username?

Dude, PLite, gotta read the posts. I said awhile back that if Jesus was in fact his name, there would be no problem. I just don't like people using it in what a lot of us consider to be a disrespectful manner. Nothing more. If it's their actual name, then I've got no problem with it.

There isn't too many people in the world that go by the name Jesus...most of them that do, either dont have access to a computer or aren't privledged to have one(not saying that any person by the name Jesus is this way, just saying a good majority is).

I said that not everyone is this way, but a good majority is. so theres like a 80 to 20% difference.

Has anyone made a demographic study on the number of individuals called Jesus who own a computer as opposed to those who don't? 80% or 20%, majority or minority, 1 or 10,000, the statement was offensive. About as offensive to me as you find---usernames that slander God.

You were saying that since the majority of Jesus's are not online then the likelihood of them having the right to use Jesus as a username is virtually nil.

Thats just my 2 cents and you gotta read the posts!

Wart -

I took a seminar on statistics and they said that it will always be a difference 80% to 20% on things. Say for instance, you have 50 people working on a project...there is an 80% half of them will do something wrong and a 20% chance that the other half will do it right.

So I just said that for all the Jesus' out there 20% of them might own a computer and 80% of them might not. That can be flipped around too.

I was not meaning to slanderize anyone with that statement and I apologize if I have done so. I was only trying to point out that a person with the name Jesus registering their name on here would be very slim if they were registering with their surname.

I am offended by the fact that not too many of you find that registering a name like Jesus H Christ Esquire, or just plain Jesus isn't a bad thing. I said that if this guys name was truley Jesus(pronounced Hey-sus) I wouldn't have a problem with it, but if his name is Joe Blow, then I would have to ask him to change it.

Again, I didn't mean to cause anyone to be upset over that I was mearly just trying to make a point.

Wart -

I took a seminar on statistics and they said that it will always be a difference 80% to 20% on things. Say for instance, you have 50 people working on a project...there is an 80% half of them will do something wrong and a 20% chance that the other half will do it right.
Are you sure it's not a variation of that? I've read a little bit about the "80/20" rule, which says that 80% of your results come from 20% of your causes. IE: IBM makes 80% of it's money through sales of only 20% of it's products. 80% of all car accidents are caused by 20% of all people.

This number doesn't hold up EXACTLY, but it's amazing nonetheless, because a lot of things are very near there...be it in economics, or general statistics.

I may be seeing things---- but JoBlo seemed to have just changed their forum layout and it resembles this one--without all the little touches, of course.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
...he's agreed to change it, which I've done for him.
Can you do this without losing your number of posts?

Originally posted by Wart
I may be seeing things---- but JoBlo seemed to have just changed their forum layout and it resembles this one--without all the little touches, of course.
Yup, I saw that too Wortle. Maybe JoBlo is hopin to be mistaken for MoFo, the intllectual movie forum.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
"I dont think you can assume that just becuz a guys name is jesus that he doesnt have acess to a computer. "

PLite, that's the first grown-up, thoughtful, correct, meaningful thing I've ever heard you say.

I will treasure it ... forever.

hi! just quickly going back to that jesus person that logged on, maybe he didnt mean it like that. Maybe he just really liked 'the big lebowski'?

Naw, I emailed him...he said that he was religious, and thought of it as honoring him. We talked a little bit and he came to agree with me. He had me change his name to "bosley." He was very friendly and cooperative.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
what TWT means is, he threatened to steal is identity (webmaster that he is) and in fear, the guy acquiesced.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
...he's agreed to change it, which I've done for him.
Can you do this without losing your number of posts?
Quoting myself:

TWT, you never answered this for me.

Sorry Spud, I must've missed that! Yes, I should be able to change your username without effecting your post count. Although, of course, I would encourage you all to settle on a username early on, so as not to confuse people.