Horror/Squeam Suggestions Please!!

Tools    

Well its my dads brithday coming up and I want to get him some movies He's really into horror movies that involve little bugs/insects/rats/snakes and lots of 'em. I hope you get the picture 8) So what would be some good movies for that kind of stuff and what is that particular genre called?

I Am Registered And So Can You!
I am sure he may have seen some of these but here are a few suggestions to get you started...I am not too into this type of movie, but I have seen a few that might be really good if that is what you are into.

*The Silence of the Lambs (this was one of my favorite films as a child...I was a strange child).
*Arachnophobia
*The Fly
*The Mothman Prophecies (this may be stretching it a bit though as it does not focus on insects).
*Quartermass and the pit (science fiction, includes martian locusts)
*Python (never saw it myself, but it has snakes!)
*The Black Scorpion
*The Great Alligator
*The Horror of Party Beach

Hope some of these help you!

I consider them to be B-rated movies, more times than not. There are many, but here are a few for now . . .

Frogs
The Swarm
Ants/It Happened at Lake Manner
Them (1954)
Eight Legged Freaks (2002)
Kingdom of the Spiders
The Savage Bees
Terror Our of the Sky <~~~ Sequel to above.
Mimic
Mimic 2
Mimic 3: Sentinel
The Fly
Return of the Fly
Curse of the Fly
The Fly (remake)
The Fly 2 (remake)
Arachnophobia
Bats
Bats: Human Harvest
Anaconda
Mosquito

There are many more, and all of those are available except The Savage Bees. I'm sure of this. I own them.

I'll name more, later.

I am trying to figure out why this movie was listed . . .

*The Silence of the Lambs (this was one of my favorite films as a child...I was a strange child).

I've only seen Silence of the Lambs once, but I don't recall any bugs, etc . . .

Check out my thread here, for more possibilities . . .

Killer Creature:

^The killer/kidnapper in the silence of the lambs had an unnatural obsession with moths. He used to place a moth in his victim's mouths and his home was pretty much a breeding ground for moths...it was one of the key elements of the story. I guess it wasn't exactly an "insect movie" but well, I tried...they were just suggestions.

^The killer/kidnapper in the silence of the lambs had an unnatural obsession with moths. He used to place a moth in his victim's mouths and his home was pretty much a breeding ground for moths...it was one of the key elements of the story. I guess it wasn't exactly an "insect movie" but well, I tried...they were just suggestions.
OK, that explains that, and I am probably one of the few people on the planet that didn't like that movie. Well, those types of movies disturb me, is why. He may still like that suggestion, but yeah, I took it as only movies where the bugs and such kill people. If he wants to add animals to the list, I'll be here all day. I love cheesy horror movies. I know they suck, but I just don't care.

p.s. Nice avatar, and welcome to MoFo!

^Thanks for the welcome!! My avatar is from the movie "Persona". I like yours too, Lisa Simpson is always a classic

I know "Silence of the Lambs" was kind of a longshot but I figured I would add it anyway. Your suggestions are probably much better.

^Thanks for the welcome!! My avatar is from the movie "Persona". I like yours too, Lisa Simpson is always a classic

I know "Silence of the Lambs" was kind of a longshot but I figured I would add it anyway. Your suggestions are probably much better.
Thanks! My avatar is a part of this "game" we have here . . . Movie Theme of the Week! . . . Movie Theme of the Week: Rules & List!

The bulk of my suggestions are very cheesy, so I guess it will depend on how much this man is hoping for, as far as acting abilities and special effects go.

I just watched Arachnophobia again today. Great movie.

I'd also suggest Willard.

If your dad is into serious cheese, you might want to check Food of the Gods or Night of the Lepus. They are in the so-bad-it's-good category.

Does killer tomatoes count?