The Best Music of Today...

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by OG-
I thought Pid was hovering around 18. I've been took!
**** you...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Katatonia

Katatonia is a Doom project, which formed in the early 90's, and are still going strong. They've changed their styles to keep things fresh, but they have never abanndoned the depressive sound the fans love. They went from Death Doom/Darkwave (on albums such as Dance of December Souls, For Funerals to Come, Jhva Elohim Meth, Brave Murder day* Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth does vocals on Saw You Drown*) To a more Gothic/Doom sound ( on albums such Saw You Drown and Discouraged ones) To where they are now. A mix between the Gothyish stuff and a new sound (they coined) Depressive Rock (on albums like Last Fair Deal Gone Down, Viva Emptiness) But still after changing their sound, they have fans who have been with them from the beginning. If you choose to check these guys out, I believe you should get one of the compilations they have released. Brave Yesterdays, is a mix of the older Death Doom stuff. And the newest compilation is called The Black Sessions, which features work from their gothyish stage to their new depressive rock stage.

I See You When You're Sleeping
There was a band called Catatonia too.

Who just discovered Green Day? Any 15 year olds here?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Man, I remember when I first discovered Green Day. "Dookie" came out and I loved it... I went to see Bad Religion and Green Day was the opening act and totally stole the show. They started with "Welcome to Paradise"... I still love that cd. It's part of my growing up.

RHCP definately, uhhhhh...I don't listen to much new music. I've just gotten into Radiohead, a friend of mine made a compilation cd that he thought I'd like. He was right. Aerosmith could count, even thought their last album was a bunch of old blues songs. I wanna say Pink Floyd but they haven't made anything new since 1994 I believe.
And found he was eating his shoe.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Man, I remember when I first discovered Green Day. "Dookie" came out and I loved it... I went to see Bad Religion and Green Day was the opening act and totally stole the show. They started with "Welcome to Paradise"... I still love that cd. It's part of my growing up.
Yeah, Green Day was the first band I ever was a fan of. I still remember when I first heard them. My cousin played Brain Stew for me in his basement.

I also like Lamb of God, Mudvayne, Shadows Fall and Murderdolls.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Morbid Angel, Opeth, Aerosmith, Shivaree, Bjork, Amon Amarth, Black Label Society, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Decide, Motorhead, Dragonforce, Finntroll, Children of Bodom, Iced Earth, Hammerfall, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kreator, Nile, Pearl Jam, Primus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Shivaree, Slayer, Stratovarius, ZZ Top, Testament, The Killers, The 5,6,7,8's, Tiger Army, Weezer, U2, The Goo Goo Dolls, etc.

I'm pretty sure all of them are still putting stuff out. All good baybay.

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by slipknotz10thmask

I also like Lamb of God, Mudvayne, Shadows Fall and Murderdolls.
Slipknot is a Gimmick

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by MinionTV
There was a band called Catatonia too.

Who just discovered Green Day? Any 15 year olds here?
Cough cough* Actually I listened to there stuff when I was younger then around the age of 8

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i discovered Greenday recently but not with the wave of people who started liking them from American Idiot. I started about a year ago listening to stuff like Scumbag, basketcase and good riddance

i have to say cursive.
they broke all the rules...
they have an annoying noise track, a song that basically calls other bands and cursive themselves cliche, a grumbly noisy song that isnt good at all, but is great in the context of the album, a song about pinnochio, & some angry fast songs...

then they have a 10 minute closer that is basically an orchestra (well, maybe not an orchestra, but gretta is amazing on cello anways) and chior piece that deals with the most cliche and overused topic ever - suicide - and yet manages to show the topic in an entirely different light...
listen to "staying alive" and tell me you dont get emotional...

ch-ch-ch-check it, check it out:
rage against the machine ( sadly not with us anymore )
at the drive in ( also )
but also:
the killers
bloc party!!
franz ferdinand
lcd soundsystem
the chemical brothers
the bravery
hot hot heat!!
the white stripes
kings of leon!!!
interpol
travis
keane
coldplay

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
nice list adidasss, definately loving interpol, coldplay, hot hot heat

to add:
Do me bad things
Johnny Panic - www.johnnypanic.com
the faders
Damien Rice
Rob Thomas
The Famous Last Words
Kasabian -- the poor lead singer was recently hit with a bottle at one of their gigs actually, theres always someone to ruin it aint there kids

Neutral Milk Hotel
I really think that Bright Eyes is ( mainly Conor Oberst ) is the biggest inovator in music today. He has gained reputation as Rocks Boy Genius and the next Bob Dylan. His Lyrics are truly amazing and his music rules, the only thing he needs is a good voice.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
I really think that Bright Eyes is ( mainly Conor Oberst ) is the biggest inovator in music today. He has gained reputation as Rocks Boy Genius and the next Bob Dylan. His Lyrics are truly amazing and his music rules, the only thing he needs is a good voice.
Good grief.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by adidasss
ch-ch-ch-check it, check it out:
rage against the machine ( sadly not with us anymore )
at the drive in ( also )
but also:
the killers
bloc party!!
franz ferdinand
lcd soundsystem
the chemical brothers
the bravery
hot hot heat!!
the white stripes
kings of leon!!!
interpol
travis
keane
coldplay
Ch-ch-check this out - most of those bands are not very invoative and are hardly "The best music of today." The only one that is maybe worth mentioning is cold play since they put out some quality songs in the past. Othen than that, not really. Killers? What are you on crack?