Resident Evil: Degeneration

Tools    

Movie Forums Extra
RESIDENT EVIL: DEGENERATION TRAILER

The trailer makes this look like it's going to be a really good movie. I have my reservations since the one before it had some parts that were either unbelieveable or didn't quite make sense (If Milla's character could burn up the infected birds that were flying around, why couldn't she do the same thing with the infected people in the yard toward the end of the movie?)

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This film looks like its going to be awsome, I really enjoy this series (apart from the second) with the 3rd film it was good, I did laugh at the end where there was a going to be a "Alice Army" lol

I do agree with you If Alice can use powers to burn the birds why couldnt she use them more in the film. The final fight at the end would of been better with more powers being used.

The "Umbrella Incident" that took place in Raccoon City was ended with the eradication of the deadly virus by a missile attack ordered by the government. As its operations were suspended on a global scale, Umbrella Corporation stock plummeted. This serious blow to the business giant resulted in its complete dissolution.

7 years later, at an airport somewhere in the United States. An ordinary autumn afternoon. One zombie is unleashed into this peaceful scene to attack everyone. In the airport starting to fill up with the undead, the horrific disaster is about to be repeat itself...
Well, the way I see it, any real ResiEvil fan is a fan of the games. If youre a fan of the games, the CGI animation in this movie is quite good comparatively speaking (although I havent yet played RE4, so I m behind on the latest game graphics), and definitely worth the watch.

Welcome to the human race...
Technically speaking, mack, Resident Evil 5 is a better example of the "latest game graphics" than RE4 was (seeing as 4 was released on Gamecube and PlayStation 2, but RE5 utilises PS3-quality graphics). Pretty sure trailers for RE5 are on the Internet somewhere so try checking it out.

As for this movie, just like with the last three, I'm not going to bother.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Since I saw the teaser trailer for this ive been exited. I think im the only person out of my m8's who love the resy series. Most are not fussed, which seems very odd to me as they are awsome films.

As for this movie, just like with the last three, I'm not going to bother.
Thanks Iro - I may do that. As it is, I'm havent yet finished Resident Evil: Outbreak, because I am beating every level with every player, and I have this freakish desire to do everything in order. Plus, when I get busy, game time is the first thing to go. PLUS, I'm not buying a PS3 until I feel they are reasonably priced.

So I kind of enjoy all things Resident Evil via the movies at this point, but you're right, all MY mates (see, I can speak UK English too ) who love the game HATE the movies. It seems to be par for the course.

The movies hurt the game universe - we all get that. Alice is a movie creation that does not belong in the RE world, and the gamers hate her. I like Alice, because if you divorce the movies from the game, the RE movies are just more zombie movies.

In the Beginning...
I'm a fan of the games, and I think the biggest gripe about the films I can echo for fellow Resident Evil lovers is that there was a perfectly good groundwork for a film already in place, and it went completely ignored. The first film only borrowed a few proper names and generic situations from the games; there was no connection otherwise. I haven't seen the sequels, which seemed to run a little more parallel the games (Resident Evil: Apocalypse anyway), but I still refuse to watch. What's the use in making a mediocre film series if you're not even going to try satisfy at least some degree of fan expectation?

Well, but here's the thing: its like reading a great author, with a great series, and finding that at long last you've come to the end of the series, and the characters you loved are ....no more.

It sort of sucks a bit, but you also dont want that author to churn out more stories just to satisfy readership, because when THAT happens the character development and plotline suffers greatly.

OR

You DO want them to churn out more, even if the plotline/character development suffers, because ...well...you LIKE it.

This is RE - once you've played the games, you're basically done. It you want more, even mediocre more, you've got the movies.

Lets put a smile on that block
What is it with the titles of the Resi films? I mean they're quite fun, and good for the fans. But the titles are so lame.

RE: Apocalypse
RE: Extinction
RE: Degeneration

Whats next?

Resident Evil: Constipation?
Resident Evil: Evaporation?
Resident Evil: Vegetarianism?

I can only hope.

In the Beginning...
Well, but here's the thing: its like reading a great author, with a great series, and finding that at long last you've come to the end of the series, and the characters you loved are ....no more. It sort of sucks a bit, but you also dont want that author to churn out more stories just to satisfy readership, because when THAT happens the character development and plotline suffers greatly OR You DO want them to churn out more, even if the plotline/character development suffers, because ...well...you LIKE it.
Under different circumstances, I might agree with you. This is certainly the case with a lot of different properties. But I'm not sure your analogy is applicable to Resident Evil. The "authors" of the games aren't the ones who made the movies, and I never expected the story to continue from the games to the movies. I just wanted a faithful film based on the first game, which is arguably the most iconic and best organized for film adaptation. Instead, we got a debut film that only loosely operated in the Resident Evil universe, and wasn't in the same category as the production quality of the games. In my opinion, the films can't really supplement the games in any way because they operate outside the games, and don't even seem really interested in anything other than leeching off the property name.

Originally Posted by mack
This is RE - once you've played the games, you're basically done. It you want more, even mediocre more, you've got the movies.
That's not true. Resident Evil in video game form is not a dead franchise. There is still much to learn about Umbrella and its involvement in all kinds of questionable activities, and there are games actively in development from Capcom that are continuously evolving the gameplay into something new and exciting. I'm sticking with the games.

What is it with the titles of the Resi films? I mean they're quite fun, and good for the fans. But the titles are so lame.

RE: Apocalypse
RE: Extinction
RE: Degeneration

Whats next?

Resident Evil: Constipation?
Resident Evil: Evaporation?
Resident Evil: Vegetarianism?

I can only hope.
This isn't even a 4th Resident Evil. It's a "reboot" of the series like Batman Begins did to 1989's Batman series. As I read in Entertainment Weekly, Russell Mulcahy is returning to make a 4th film continuing from where Resident Evil: Extinction left off.

In the Beginning...
Okay, I just found the trailer on YouTube, and this looks pretty good. I'm usually not crazy about animated films, but this looks decidedly Resident Evil. And finally some game characters! I know RE: Apocalypse introduced Jill Valentine and Carlos Olivera, but as far as I can tell, no other notable game characters (besides the Nemesis, I guess) have appeared. Ali Larter is credited as playing "Claire" in RE: Extinction. Does anyone know if that means she played Claire Redfield?

Edit: After reviewing Wikipedia, I see that she does play Claire Redfield. And WTF? Albert Wesker? Including him means justifying (or ignoring altogether) some serious original plot, a la Resident Evil (1) and Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

I'm not sure about this one. I was a bit upset when I heard that it was going to be animated. I don't really want to be watching a game in the cinema, if you know what I mean. However, the trailer does like ok as hmfcheer said.

I'm not sure about this one. I was a bit upset when I heard that it was going to be animated. I don't really want to be watching a game in the cinema, if you know what I mean. However, the trailer does like ok as hmfcheer said.
I completely agree. I was thinkin' 'wtf looks so good about this trailer?' It doesn't even look like good animation. It looks like FMV sequences from PS1 versions of the Resident Evil games. If you're gonna do something for the big screen, always make it live. Even though the film versions have been complete and utter shiteness.

Speakin' of which, how exactly do you **** up a Resident Evil movie? I mean, seriously? How do you mess it up? Everything was there for them. Brilliant source material and enough of a budget, yet Pau W.S. Anderson still made a mess of a series? I know he didn't direct the god awful Apocolypse sequel, but he did script them. It's like the man was out to make a bad film. Did he hate the games that much?

There really wasn't much to it, you just needed a director with some visual flair. The script didn't even have to be genius. I'll never understand how anybody can mess that up.