Unfunny Comedy Actors

Tools    

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I'll add another notch next to Vince Vaughn. How this guy is in movies is beyond me.
Swingers.

Sudoku Blackbelt
Even Jerry Stiller wan't funny in that.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who sees this. Dragging out the last syllable of a word and clapping your hands at the end of every one of your lines gets tiresome...in a hurry.

Enough People obviously like these guys as they are doing well

I think that all the people you guys have mentioned are good sometimes and terrible at times

I really like Will Ferrell and Michael Cera but am used to seeing them on lists like this. But Norm MacDonald? Norm is one of the funniest people in the world, despite working almost exclusively in garbage.

I do not think I have ever so much as smiled at anything Ben Stiller has ever done. I do not think he has a funny bone in his body. That is OK, lots of people, maybe most people, are not at all funny- very few of them call themselves comedians though.

Semper Fooey
I love Norm MacDonald, but where has he gone?

His problem is...he is not a good actor. But some of the comics who have made it in movies are lousy actors also and they are not as funny as he is when he is clicking.

that's what she said...
Nobody mentioned Kevin James. How did he get a movie career? The King of Queens was terrible. Even Jerry Stiller wan't funny in that. Apparently, he has an acting career because stand-up comics who made it in television and movies like to pal around with him put him in their stuff.
I like the King of Queens but I do admit the only movie I actually think Kevin James is funny is I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry but other than that I don't watch other movies he's in.

I think John C. Reilly is funny; he's just not had the right vehicle except maybe for Step Brothers which is somewhat underrated. Loved him in Boogie Nights (yes Chest Rockwell made me laugh) and he's also rather amusing in semi-serious chick flick The Good Girl. I also got a real kick out of Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, but I'm probably alone on that one.

He's made some duds like Talledega Nights *shudder* but I put that down to the writing not Reilly's lack of talent.

This man,

and this dude,

thx for the pic, Lundy.

Sudoku Blackbelt
For each actor who's already been mentioned, I can think of at least 1 scene or 1 moment of theirs that made me laugh out loud; despite you guys saying they're 'unfunny.'
I agree.

Lists like this are pretty subjective. What it comes down to is the individual's own sense of humor.

If someone says they think someone is 'unfunny', that's cool. Opinions can't be wrong, only disagreed with, I suppose.

Kevin James, Nick Swordson and Rob Schneider definitely would be my picks over Farrell or Stiller. Even Chris Rock to a point would be added there, though I liked him in The Longest Yard. Something about Swordson and Schneider (usually as supporting characters in Sandler movies) always comes off as stereotypical and cheesy.

you guys know jeff dunham??

After watching, or should I say 'surviving', Larry Crowne, I'd say Tom Hanks should stop doing comedies.

Tom was great in all those 80's goofball comedies like Bachelor Party, Splash, Turner and Hooch, The Man With One Red Shoe, Big, and Joe Versus The Volcano.

In the 90's, he became a serious actor with one big hit after another. However, he managed to deliver the laughs in a few films. He was hilarious in A League Of Their Own, Sleepless in Seatle, and Forrest Gump. You've Got Mail was pretty good, too.

In the 00's, he was really funny in Catch Me If You Can and The Ladykillers. Charlie Wilson's War and The Terminal were unfunny and forgettable roles.

I just think Tom Hanks should stick to doing more serious roles like the ones in Road to Perdition, The Green Mile, Saving Private Ryan, Cast Away, and Apollo 13.

Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close is the just the kind of movie that he should be in. I can see him winning a third Oscar in the near future if he sticks to the dramatic roles.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
So he has one bad comedy movie and he should never do them again? After the entire list of every comedy he did you liked? I don't get it.

Suspect's Reviews

My point is his last really funny movie was The Ladykillers in 2003 or 2004.

I just prefer seeing him in serious roles, that have a bit of humor in them. Let's be honest, his last attempts at comedy were failures.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
First name that popped into my head - Seth Rogen!

I just find him painfully unfunny and downright annoying actually. On top of that both his voice and especially his laugh just drive me almost crazy!

Adam Sandler. I don't watch his movies. I don't find him funny whatsoever. No offense to his fans. I hate it when he does that stupid voice and goes on and on and it never seems to end

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Adam Sandler. I don't watch his movies. I don't find him funny whatsoever. No offense to his fans. I hate it when he does that stupid voice and goes on and on and it never seems to end
I agree-- comics seem to get watered down when they switch to leading man status....

This is obviously down to your opinion so, post and comment sensibly.

mine are

Will Ferrel
C'mon!

I think John C. Reilly is funny; he's just not had the right vehicle except maybe for Step Brothers which is somewhat underrated. Loved him in Boogie Nights (yes Chest Rockwell made me laugh) and he's also rather amusing in semi-serious chick flick The Good Girl. I also got a real kick out of Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, but I'm probably alone on that one.

He's made some duds like Talledega Nights *shudder* but I put that down to the writing not Reilly's lack of talent.
John C. Reilly is a really good actor, both in dramatic and comedic roles. He's been in some very lame movies but plenty of decent movies and some great ones too.

I personally thought Talledega Nights was mostly obnoxious but Walk Hard was a fantastic comedy, one of my all-time favorites, in fact.

He can bring genuine depth to dramatic roles, such as in the film Terri, which is a small coming-of-age indie gem that I strongly urge everyone to check out.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!