Is Christine being remade?

Tools    

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
So I'm just wondering if its being remade or not.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

There's been rumours for a few years (at least) but I don't remember hearing anything new for a while now. That said, in the current climate, it's only a matter of time before it does happen.

Originally Posted by Martian Leader
Is Christine being remade?
The only time this was ever fully reported on (and rumored) was back in 2007 here and all over the net. A remake was planned for NBC back in 2003 for crying out loud. Although, this has NEVER surfaced since. So no. There is no remake/reboot or whatever of John Carpenter's Christine.

I adore JC's "Christine"...Hate pointless remakes.

But to be fair, this isn't a re-make. It's simply another adaptation of the novel.

And to be fair again (may I...may I?) although I have not read the King novel, from what I know of it JC's "Christine" is not actually that faithful to the book.

I see (unless a damn near perfect and/or faithful adaptation exists) no harm in simply having another go at adapting a novel.

After all we have yet to have a single good, let alone faithful, adaptation of "The War of the Worlds" for example.

And are we actually unhappy that we are not left with just Ralph Bakshi's (although fun) "Lord of the Rings" animated adaptation as the only cinematic rendition of Tolkein's novel(s)?

I would not like to see Carpenter's "Christine" remade...But I have no problem with King's 'Christine" being adapted again.

Noooo... not "The stand" or "Dead zone" they are perfect the way they are and they already did the pointless series adaptation of "Dead zone". They should do "The Dark Tower", with good directing and a nice cast, that could be perfect.

They should do "The Dark Tower", with good directing and a nice cast, that could be perfect.

Originally Posted by Jrs' Sequel Buzz Thread

The Dark Tower Film Update

It’s time to update you guys on the status of the big-screen adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower series, which is coming our way courtesy of J.J. Abrams and his production company, Bad Robot.

Stephen King is a major fan of Abrams’ Lost TV series (ending next year), and he met up with the producers behind the show, including Abrams and Lost co-executive producer Damon Lindelof. King famously sold the film rights for the entire Dark Tower series (seven books) to Abrams and Lindelof for only $19.00 (apparently the number 19 is big in the books).

Cinematical is reporting that the first Dark Tower (titled "The Gunslinger") movie could roll out as early as 2010, but apparently not until Lost wraps up its final season in the spring.

Lindelof mentioned that it would be of the same “scope” as The Lord of the Rings.

Source: Cinematical via Screenrant

Is Cronenberg's "The Dead Zone" faithful to the novel?

If it isn;t, then fair enough.
But if it is...then no, we don't need another "Dead Zone" thank you very much. Film's ****ing genius.

I think this thread isn't so much "is Christine being remade?" as it is "boy, I wish Christine would be remade."

* gives you an evil Arnie Cunningham look.*

Employee of the Month
Is Cronenberg's "The Dead Zone" faithful to the novel?

If it isn;t, then fair enough.
But if it is...then no, we don't need another "Dead Zone" thank you very much. Film's ****ing genius.
Sure it is. Plus:

Cristopher Walken is Johnny and Martin Sheen is Stillson.

But this Low-Budget movie has growned old and (sorry!) looks shabby nowadays. Watch Johnnys WW III-Vision and tell me it`s good, cause its ... faithful? I could do this take in my cellar. Cheap. It´s not about killing the spirit. It`s about a modern, magnificently comeback of Kings best novel (imho). Dead Zone really deserves it.

True, in a way, but the main problem is that they will not make a good "Dead zone" as the other one was or as good as the book is, they will make it with a lot of CG, bad acting and bad directing. Just look at what has "The children of the corn" remake looks like now, with all it`s special effects, it`s not worth the name Stephen King. Maybe a little make up for the new release of "Dead zone" or a directors cut would do the trick and make it look "newer". The truth is that since "The stand" every adaptation of Kings book (except "The shawshank redemption" and "Green Mile" which are not low budget films, and contain good direction and cast) was solid, or bad, and the almost pointless and disgusting making of American version of von Triers "Kingdom hospital" ("Riget") is not worth the name or the rep of the great King. Maybe it`s high time for some good, acclaimed director who likes King and his books to make a film based on his book, not a remake. Put the past behind, digging it up and remaking it is not worth the trouble, the money and nerves to make.

I have written a prequel/sequel to Christine, and contacted Robert Kobritz, in 2014. He will not read any more scripts for a sequel to Christine (from unrepresented writers), because, in his opinion, they have not been very good.
I have decided to contact Sony directly, and found this site while doing some research for their contact information.
Wish me luck.

I have written a prequel/sequel to Christine, and contacted Robert Kobritz, in 2014. He will not read any more scripts for a sequel to Christine (from unrepresented writers), because, in his opinion, they have not been very good.
I have decided to contact Sony directly, and found this site while doing some research for their contact information.
Wish me luck.
I really want it to follow the book. Want this so so bad.

Hello, Leader.
My screenplay follows the movie, and ties up all the loose ends in the original. I also compiled a 22 song soundtrack for the script.
I want to keep the details secret, in case the script gets sold.
So far, I have contacted one person who holds some of the rights to the original, but he does not accept non-WGA material. I contacted another rights holder, but he does not accept unsolicited material. I just sent a FB message to Sony, so we'll see what they say.
Interestingly, one of my other scripts takes place on Mars, in 2056. Guess I should have consulted with you for some background information...