THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

Unregistered User
Sounds like that might be a factor, hopefully you'll be back to 'normal' now. Hope you get it sorted anyway, no-one needs to be seeing Jason at the end of their end.

Any disruption to your medication, whether through not taking it or alcohol, etc could be a cause for this, Swan. I know what you mean about thinking it's something fantastical rather than banal. I do something similar, only I understand that the banal is probably the answer, but I can't get the ridiculous/astronomically unlikely reason out of my head. So I lay there all night worrying/panicing about it, despite being sure that, eventually, I'll fall asleep and wake up later with everything being fine. Or, at least, not the feared situation coming to pass.

All I can say is I know what sleep paralysis and nightmares that blend into reality is like... it could be because of your age. I don't know, but I heard it affects a lot of people especially once they start going through puberty, which is around the time it happened to me, too. I'm sure you're way past that (I hope) but you are in your early 20's and I hear the brain is still developing until your mid 20's or so, especially if you're a guy. And I got sleep paralysis and nightmares in my early 20's, but haven't really had it since.

Any disruption to your medication, whether through not taking it or alcohol, etc could be a cause for this, Swan. I know what you mean about thinking it's something fantastical rather than banal. I do something similar, only I understand that the banal is probably the answer, but I can't get the ridiculous/astronomically unlikely reason out of my head. So I lay there all night worrying/panicing about it, despite being sure that, eventually, I'll fall asleep and wake up later with everything being fine. Or, at least, not the feared situation coming to pass.
Interesting. Yeah, I'm the same way. I don't believe in ghosts at all and yet they terrify me. Strange how that works.

All I can say is I know what sleep paralysis and nightmares that blend into reality is like... it could be because of your age. I don't know, but I heard it affects a lot of people especially once they start going through puberty, which is around the time it happened to me, too. I'm sure you're way past that (I hope) but you are in your early 20's and I hear the brain is still developing until your mid 20's or so, especially if you're a guy. And I got sleep paralysis and nightmares in my early 20's, but haven't really had it since.
I've gotten sleep paralysis before, but never this intense. It's scary as hell. I'm inclined to think it's my meds, going off of them for even a short period of time is never fun, but age may play a part.

I've gotten sleep paralysis before, but never this intense. It's scary as hell. I'm inclined to think it's my meds, going off of them for even a short period of time is never fun, but age may play a part.
I'm not saying it's not the meds. Just saying something based on my own experience.

I know all about those scary experiences where you awake from dreaming and something horrific happens. You're half awake/half asleep. I used to talk to a perfectly healthy guy who doesn't have schizophrenia -- he had the same experiences when he was younger. I had them. I heard voices and thought the devil or demons were talking to me. There was a feeling of "intense evil" coming after me. My friend and others experienced the same thing. This kind of phenomenon is recorded and talked about through history, under "sleep paralysis." It's strange. It even makes me wonder -- what if there's a devil or something, ya know?

sounds rough swan

i think what i would do, if i woke up in a panic-mode, is simply do this: Take long and prolonged deep breaths, and then always try and breathe and release out for longer than you breathe in. It's something i remember from a health management class in high school. Tends to soothe the mind, relax the body, reduce anxiety, etc.

I generally sleep extremely deep and well, & don't have anxieties, maybe i should , but i do drink alcohol way more than i should. Alcohol is evil, the more you have of it the more you want and can tolerate... I pretty much drink every time i watch movies, except when I watched Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease

Anyways, just breathe man. Deep and well. At least that's what i'd try. Another thing, and as absolutely batsh!t insane as this sounds- watching A Nightmare on Elm St (1984) all the way through preps me or something for sleeping great. Something about the genius of Charles Bernstein's music is like the music of great sleep. That might be horrible Nostro-advice, lol. Cure your bad sleeping by watching a story about a sleep demon. Anyways, it works for me, haha

That's excellent advice, nostro, thanks. I might do that while watching a comedy show or something, too, to lighten the mood.

I recommend getting up out of bed for awhile and drinking/eating something. Maybe check Movie Forums/the internet for awhile. Just to get away from the bed and the stress it was causing you -- because sleep is bothering you for some reason. Maybe a part of yourself just wants to be awake. A bath or something may help, too. You could even watch a movie or TV or something if you have time.

God, I just recommended he take a bath... NOT with me and Captain Spaulding, though.

Well well well, look who decided to raise himself from the dead.

Bitchass, I'll give you your money back when you slap yourself in the face.