The Happening theories (spoiler alert)

Tools    

Yes the movie from a literal view is about nuclaer plants caused plants to do this event in the northeast, but I promise you M Night was trying to warn/prepare us for depopulization. Signs wasnt even about ALIENS, it was about intuition and how time doesnt exist, and how all those signs were pointing to saving them in that moment, it completely had a closed ending, far far unlike "The Happening" which doesnt tell you how the Happening really occured doesnt tell you why or how just that it is, and ends. We are scared of Aliens but almost can be assured of there existance in the universe and that life could easily be billions of years more advanced that ours, Have you seen History Channel or National Geo channel lately, seems like other people besides me, who you call crazy, seem to be saying some pretty interesting things. Ill ask you not to take out your insecurities on me, I am but a messanger, I am just informing, if you dont wish to believe me thats fine, but the fact you insult me is a direct reflection of your fear to even think about what i talk about, especially to even pretend it could be reality, and when someone is too fearful to have an open mind and fairly challange ideas, you have to then come to the conclusion that your thoughts and ideas may not be your own, maybe your whole world was given or told to you by authority, maybe you are a slave, Im just saying to think about it, dont gotta believe it, now if it were true, it would almost make someone suicidal, so when I watch this movie,I wonder why these plants aren't just making people drop dead, they are making people KILL THEMSELVES AS FAST AS POSSIBLE REGARDLESS OF PAIN, now i dont need people to explain this to me, the movie said the plants were affecting a special part of the brain, I understand the technical reason people did this according to the movie, I am thinking outside the box, why did M Night write it as so? Thats finding the meaning of the movie, your meaning of the movie is about the Global Environment? M Night wants people to realize how much plants probably hate us? Or that nuclaer plants may cause problems we dont forsee, OR, and IM SORRY IM SO RIGHT ON THIS< maybe what Marky Mark said in the classroom is the whole point, WE DONT KNOW JACK ABOUT NATURE< AKA OUR UNIVERSE as a society the majority of humans think there eyes ears nose and mouth and brain can sense everything, see anything that exists, no one knows crap about quantum physics parallel dimensions of energies on a differerent spectrum that our bodies and thoughts yet working inside our space to create everything at the same time. How am I not talkin about this forums topic of what this movies was about, Yes you are all talking about the literal meaning of the question but I am trying to talk about the message M Night is trying to deliver to his audience. The Media man at the end was questioning the timing of the event as to how plants would stop across a vast area instantly, and notes the exact area of the location is why he cant believe it, he is not referencing the Nuclear Plants in the area, IT IS A DIRECT SHOT AT 911 the entire story of what happened on september 11th, and that is the same area of the country, thats why he didnt believe the plant theory, did you know 4000 architects and engineers are formally submitting there indepedantly funded research and conclusions on Sept 11, where they will call for a complete reinvestigation of everything because the 911 Commision Report was complete non scientific and frankly was insulting. You can all go on believing and secretly worshipping money and the RICH RICH RICH people, you wanna pretend are not going to kill you. some media faces are in the know, but most just read and speak clearly that which appears on the teleprompter, and they don't ask questoins.

Newton's theory were the best we had to explain life at the time, but recently Newtons theories have all been proven to be false, using string theory and other quantum physics discoveries, M Night uses this movie to convey a message, I see this Yoda guy insulting me but not really saying anything except i dont know what im talking about, and insulting my ideas, I think the TV show at the end is the key, Yoda I guess thinks this movie is about killer plants, making us commit suicide, like a nature version of the film "Pulse" a scary movie, But M Night has a message, The TV show has a guest who is like this Yoda guy, believes the happening can all be explained with these nuclear sites causing the plants to change, and suggests that is what the Interviewer on the TV program is commenting on when he says "But why that Part of the country" idea, but this is the curveball in the movie, when he says he cannot believe the guests theory, based on location and timing, September 11 is a huge historical event that takes place in this same area, terrorists are a theme, the movie hints at the event, M Night is referring to the idea that many americans do believe, 911 was not what the commision report claims, 4000 archetects and engineers have already done an independant study of the events and have proven we were lied to, they cannot tell us what really happened just that what we were told wasnt true, Like Bush's ex press secretary claims, we truely were lied to about the Iraq war on purpose, it was a contrived event. The report is about to be submitted to capitol hill very soon and will demand the investigation be reopened, you are all about to have to make a choice, are you Americans aka United States citizens, or supports of a new International Government , if you wanna act like im crazy, thats your right, but I dare you to do the research and challange your ideas of whats really happening in this world, let me remind you, the US/UN troops have killed over 1 million people in this middle eastern conflict since 9/11, and until we all come together to stop these evil men ruling our country, we are going to be next, M Night is trying to send us a message that something is about to happen, he cant tell you what im saying in the movie, bc just like our media today this is speech that is censored , he had to hide it.

Yes the movie from a literal view is about nuclaer plants caused plants to do this event in the northeast, but I promise you M Night was trying to warn/prepare us for depopulization. Signs wasnt even about ALIENS, it was about intuition and how time doesnt exist, and how all those signs were pointing to saving them in that moment, it completely had a closed ending, far far unlike "The Happening" which doesnt tell you how the Happening really occured doesnt tell you why or how just that it is, and ends. We are scared of Aliens but almost can be assured of there existance in the universe and that life could easily be billions of years more advanced that ours, Have you seen History Channel or National Geo channel lately, seems like other people besides me, who you call crazy, seem to be saying some pretty interesting things. Ill ask you not to take out your insecurities on me, I am but a messanger, I am just informing, if you dont wish to believe me thats fine, but the fact you insult me is a direct reflection of your fear to even think about what i talk about, especially to even pretend it could be reality, and when someone is too fearful to have an open mind and fairly challange ideas, you have to then come to the conclusion that your thoughts and ideas may not be your own, maybe your whole world was given or told to you by authority, maybe you are a slave, Im just saying to think about it, dont gotta believe it, now if it were true, it would almost make someone suicidal, so when I watch this movie,I wonder why these plants aren't just making people drop dead, they are making people KILL THEMSELVES AS FAST AS POSSIBLE REGARDLESS OF PAIN, now i dont need people to explain this to me, the movie said the plants were affecting a special part of the brain, I understand the technical reason people did this according to the movie, I am thinking outside the box, why did M Night write it as so? Thats finding the meaning of the movie, your meaning of the movie is about the Global Environment? M Night wants people to realize how much plants probably hate us? Or that nuclaer plants may cause problems we dont forsee, OR, and IM SORRY IM SO RIGHT ON THIS< maybe what Marky Mark said in the classroom is the whole point, WE DONT KNOW JACK ABOUT NATURE< AKA OUR UNIVERSE as a society the majority of humans think there eyes ears nose and mouth and brain can sense everything, see anything that exists, no one knows crap about quantum physics parallel dimensions of energies on a differerent spectrum that our bodies and thoughts yet working inside our space to create everything at the same time. How am I not talkin about this forums topic of what this movies was about, Yes you are all talking about the literal meaning of the question but I am trying to talk about the message M Night is trying to deliver to his audience. The Media man at the end was questioning the timing of the event as to how plants would stop across a vast area instantly, and notes the exact area of the location is why he cant believe it, he is not referencing the Nuclear Plants in the area, IT IS A DIRECT SHOT AT 911 the entire story of what happened on september 11th, and that is the same area of the country, thats why he didnt believe the plant theory, did you know 4000 architects and engineers are formally submitting there indepedantly funded research and conclusions on Sept 11, where they will call for a complete reinvestigation of everything because the 911 Commision Report was complete non scientific and frankly was insulting. You can all go on believing and secretly worshipping money and the RICH RICH RICH people, you wanna pretend are not going to kill you. some media faces are in the know, but most just read and speak clearly that which appears on the teleprompter, and they don't ask questoins.
i think your theory makes sense. the reason mnight says he wanted this to be like a 1950's b horror movie is probably because those movies were also a warning about the real enemy, our government. and alians were realy the threat of other governments, esp. russia and communism. and if the its nuclear plants causing the folliage to act this way, well who created the nuclear plants, the government and scientists. i even thought about invasion of the body snatchers and how that has a very dark undertone of government conspiracy agains society, turning them into mindless sheep and those who don't fallow the status quoe are killed. i think mnigh himself compared the happening to invasion of the body snatchers directly in one of his interviews.

All I gotta say is if you want to know more there is alot of really good info online, you just have to seek it

All I gotta say is if you want to know more there is alot of really good info online, you just have to seek it

i was actually looking up info on joy division today because i'm about to watch the documentary controll when i came across this web site. its someones opinion about how in 1930 hitler used the word terrorism as a form of histeria in order to get people to join his army. an army that idealy wanted to purify the world with his new order by killing of unpure humans. i thought this was a good example of what you are talking about in the happening.

I just watched the movie here in Singapore. I think most everyone is wrong here. But maybe some truth to the color yellow? It's so easy for people to blame the US gov't for anything, which is totally wrong. The US gov't may be keeping secrets about alien technology, but that's probably all.

I think the real cause is NOT the plants (directly), but the OLD LADY directing the plants specifically in her garden to spread the chemical trigger. Remember the bees incident? She probably caused that to happen (by a fluke discovery) talking to her plants, then tried it on humans. Remember she had that whole garden of flowers and plants. Bees need flowers and pollen, and flowers/plants need bees to populate. Just like humans need plants for oxygen, and plants need people for carbon dioxide. What made me realize this, is when Mark Wahlberg discovered they were in the dead center of where this was happening.

But why did the plants turn on her and kill the old lady? I'm not sure, but I think it was because the plants realized she had no love for others, like Mark Wahlberg, the little girl, and his wife - and how they all 3 needed each other. This old lady hated the world and the people in it. She was extremely self-centered to the extreme opposite of what the chemical does to people.

So the religious aspect is clear to me. Even though she had pictures of Jesus in her room, and professed to be Christian, that's not enough?? Just guessing here...because Jesus taught others to love one another, regardless of anything or their beliefs. This old lady, totally HATED everyone in the world, and these 3 people. I guess the plants in her garden picked up on that, and decided to kill her instead and stop the killing. Crazy people like Bin Laden think that killing innocent people is good, and he thinks he is doing it for God. Sounds similar...

For the ending...maybe this old lady had a sister or something in France, and sent her these special plants, and now her sister is starting it all over again there????

Oh ya, and whenever these plants started killing people, it always happened on a regular schedule early in the morning. Perhaps the same time this old lady woke up in the morning and started talking to her plants and watering them to start killing???

M Night is trying to send us a message that something is about to happen, he cant tell you what im saying in the movie, bc just like our media today this is speech that is censored , he had to hide it.
Nothing has, nor ever will be, censored in the USA. Free speech and press is a US constitutional right. What newspaper, TV, radio, book, etc. has ever been censored by the US gov't? Never actually. Where is your proof? Only in countries like Iran and Cuba can you find a gov't that actively censures and shuts down permanently free speech & media outlets. If what you say is true, Michael Moore's films would be outlawed.

I think it's just a message to everyone:

Mass suicide = we're killing ourselves with what we're doing to the planet, we are killing ourselves by destroying (slowly) the one thing we need on this earth to survive - NATURE.

If we keep on polluting the earth and destroying plants and trees etc..... we are going to die.

I think this film is just an exaggerated way of showing us what we're doing to ourselves and how we put the blame on other things ie. terrorism.

The news reader couldnt accept that plants/nature could have such a big affect on mankind when told about the plant theory, so is quick to blame terrorism.

It just shows in these posts that people think it's about 9/11 and so on, so quick to blame anything else but ourselves.

MNS told us to think outside the box. i've just looked at this film as a message.

Just my personal opinion

and the maths question depends on the month of the year (just thought i'd add that)

Yes the movie from a literal view is about nuclaer plants caused plants to do this event in the northeast, but I promise you M Night was trying to warn/prepare us for depopulization.
You "promise" me? Is that supposed to be a substitute for, you know, evidence? And how can you promise me that you know what the man was thinking? You've had lots of chances to explain all this, and all you've done is pontificate. If you had a point that ties to the actual movie, you'd have made it by now. I don't think you can promise anything, other than that you want it to be true.
Have you seen History Channel or National Geo channel lately, seems like other people besides me, who you call crazy, seem to be saying some pretty interesting things.
Could this statement possibly be any vaguer? Yes, you are saying crazy things, though I have no doubt that you can find a handful of others saying similarly crazy things. I'm not sure what you think that proves, though I'd point out that there's a pretty massive contradiction when you babble on about how unreliable the media is, and then hazily mention a couple of cable channels (without sources or explanation) that apparently have at one point broadcast someone saying something crazy.
Ill ask you not to take out your insecurities on me, I am but a messanger, I am just informing, if you dont wish to believe me thats fine, but the fact you insult me is a direct reflection of your fear to even think about what i talk about, especially to even pretend it could be reality, and when someone is too fearful to have an open mind and fairly challange ideas, you have to then come to the conclusion that your thoughts and ideas may not be your own, maybe your whole world was given or told to you by authority, maybe you are a slave, Im just saying to think about it, dont gotta believe it
I have thought about it, and I don't believe it. And sorry, you're not a messenger, because it's YOUR OWN MESSAGE. You're making this up. You don't have a smoking gun, you don't have proof. You're speculating. That makes you the message creator, not the messenger. And the message, when you look at it, doesn't withstand the slightest bit of scrutiny.

If you want to talk about what's "telling," how about the fact that you seem physically incapable of confronting the issue head-on and actually providing the evidence I keep asking you for. Everytime you're asked, you make vague references to something unrelated, and then shift gears and go right back into your giant run-on sentence rants.
now if it were true, it would almost make someone suicidal, so when I watch this movie,I wonder why these plants aren't just making people drop dead, they are making people KILL THEMSELVES AS FAST AS POSSIBLE REGARDLESS OF PAIN, now i dont need people to explain this to me, the movie said the plants were affecting a special part of the brain, I understand the technical reason people did this according to the movie, I am thinking outside the box, why did M Night write it as so? Thats finding the meaning of the movie, your meaning of the movie is about the Global Environment? M Night wants people to realize how much plants probably hate us? Or that nuclaer plants may cause problems we dont forsee, OR, and IM SORRY IM SO RIGHT ON THIS< maybe what Marky Mark said in the classroom is the whole point, WE DONT KNOW JACK ABOUT NATURE< AKA OUR UNIVERSE as a society the majority of humans think there eyes ears nose and mouth and brain can sense everything, see anything that exists, no one knows crap about quantum physics parallel dimensions of energies on a differerent spectrum that our bodies and thoughts yet working inside our space to create everything at the same time. How am I not talkin about this forums topic of what this movies was about, Yes you are all talking about the literal meaning of the question but I am trying to talk about the message M Night is trying to deliver to his audience.
This is nonsense. Look at what you're actually saying at its core: because one of the characters said we don't really know anything about our Universe, therefore you can say absolutely anything about what the movie "really" means outside of what actually happens in it, and somehow it's all on-topic? Please. Lots of movies have ambiguities in them; it isn't an invitation to talk about everything under the sun and pretend it has to do with the film.
The Media man at the end was questioning the timing of the event as to how plants would stop across a vast area instantly, and notes the exact area of the location is why he cant believe it, he is not referencing the Nuclear Plants in the area, IT IS A DIRECT SHOT AT 911 the entire story of what happened on september 11th, and that is the same area of the country, thats why he didnt believe the plant theory
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You talk about the movie for a bit, and then you suddenly leap off in a completely unrelated direction, and then try to pretend the movie led you to it. How is the scene at the end a "direct shot at 911"? Just because it happened in the Northeast? Is your entire theory predicated on that?
did you know 4000 architects and engineers are formally submitting there indepedantly funded research and conclusions on Sept 11, where they will call for a complete reinvestigation of everything because the 911 Commision Report was complete non scientific and frankly was insulting.
Actually, it's 490 architects and engineers. Did you know that Popular Mechanics has directly addressed the most common conspiractorial questions surrounding the event with specific scientific research, and received nothing in the way of a meaningful counterpoint? Probably not, because most conspiracy theorists stop doing research when they find something to support whatever it is they want to believe.
You can all go on believing and secretly worshipping money and the RICH RICH RICH people, you wanna pretend are not going to kill you. some media faces are in the know, but most just read and speak clearly that which appears on the teleprompter, and they don't ask questoins.
I've worked in radio and TV off and on since I was 13 years old, and this isn't true. Most of the people I've seen on air pay a lot of attention to what they're saying, and most don't use teleprompters at all. Most of them aren't anywhere near rich, either. The idea that everyone in the media is wealthy is a huge misconception.

Look, it's simple: either talk about the movie and provide evidence for what you're saying, or stop trying to pollute people's minds with your inanity.

Newton's theory were the best we had to explain life at the time, but recently Newtons theories have all been proven to be false, using string theory and other quantum physics discoveries, M Night uses this movie to convey a message, I see this Yoda guy insulting me but not really saying anything except i dont know what im talking about, and insulting my ideas, I think the TV show at the end is the key, Yoda I guess thinks this movie is about killer plants, making us commit suicide, like a nature version of the film "Pulse" a scary movie, But M Night has a message, The TV show has a guest who is like this Yoda guy, believes the happening can all be explained with these nuclear sites causing the plants to change, and suggests that is what the Interviewer on the TV program is commenting on when he says "But why that Part of the country" idea, but this is the curveball in the movie, when he says he cannot believe the guests theory, based on location and timing, September 11 is a huge historical event that takes place in this same area, terrorists are a theme, the movie hints at the event, M Night is referring to the idea that many americans do believe, 911 was not what the commision report claims, 4000 archetects and engineers have already done an independant study of the events and have proven we were lied to, they cannot tell us what really happened just that what we were told wasnt true, Like Bush's ex press secretary claims, we truely were lied to about the Iraq war on purpose, it was a contrived event. The report is about to be submitted to capitol hill very soon and will demand the investigation be reopened, you are all about to have to make a choice, are you Americans aka United States citizens, or supports of a new International Government , if you wanna act like im crazy, thats your right, but I dare you to do the research and challange your ideas of whats really happening in this world, let me remind you, the US/UN troops have killed over 1 million people in this middle eastern conflict since 9/11, and until we all come together to stop these evil men ruling our country, we are going to be next, M Night is trying to send us a message that something is about to happen, he cant tell you what im saying in the movie, bc just like our media today this is speech that is censored , he had to hide it.
J0nathanDC,
Please, for the love of all that is holy, put as much effort into your writing as you do into your argument. This rambling mess gives me a headache. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

This forum is for discussion about M. Night Shyamalan and his films. If you want to swap links about conspiracies, keep it to the PM system or contact each other some other way.
Sorry. I just thought that the link showed what JOnathanDC was talking about and how that related to his theory about the film. the idea that the government uses the threat of terrorism to cover up the fact it is the government themselves that are causing human destruction and genocide. not that i totally agree with him but i thought he brought up and intresting argument.

here is some theories i had about the film.

One of the themes of the film is human emotion. There have been many theories and philosophies about the population explosion and how people in heavily populated areas seem to have more aggression. Also there are more mental illnesses occurring like bi polar depression, and adhd. Also a rise in crime, road rage, and random acts of violence. I think the film explores the fact that the plants are picking up on the energy humans in overpopulated areas are giving off. That is why the disease happens in heavily planted areas within heavily populated cities, ex, large parks. There is also the symbolism of the mood ring, the color yellow, and the mental problem of not being able to show emotions shared by the wife and the young girl.

I noticed the sign in front of the fake plastic house that said "you deserve this" this symbolized to me the fact that humans are killing themselves by their fake behavior, and the manufacturing of fake products (plastics, food, plants, etc). the happening, were doing it to ourselves because we deserve it.

Is the film a disrespectful mocking of global warming? Maybe the film is portraying how humans have been treating the issues of environment, global warming, pollution, and other things that may ultimately cause the extinction of man on earth. Pointing out the fact that humans don't take the threat seriously.

For example, there is the old woman who refuses to hear anything about the outside world. She seems to symbolize those who turn a blind eye to the worlds problems. The mock house showing that we continue to manufacture fake goods like plastics, food, etc. Then theres the hot dog eating couple who talk to plants. They do their part for vegetation, but continue to excessively eat something that is so over processed (fake) that its more or less bad for us. The wife and girl have no emotions, like some people have no emotions when it comes to environmental issues.

Or perhaps the film is mocking the fact some people exaggerate a threat that may not exist. For example, when scientist can't explain something they theorize that maybe some things in nature can't be explained. The toxin is explained as a natural selection process that has caused the plants to attack humans in order to insure survival of the fittest, aka the plants. Thus, scientifically the happening is a natural process, like the dinosaur’s extinction and ultimate extinction of other human like species and animals. We can't explain it because its nature doing what its going to do no matter what humans do. The news says its terrorists, then the plants, but they’re not sure. The old "expert" in the last TV spot acts crazy and thus discredits himself. its as if his portrayal is a mocking of scientific and enviromental theory. He also represents those who try to analyze a divine situation that might not be explainable and that the demise of humankind is going to happen because it is destined to.

I think there is a mathematical affect as well. Julian was a math teacher, and there were several math references, including the girl on the phone repeating "calculus" over & over, before she died.
hey niner, i found a connection between math, science, and religeon which are all themes of the film. Pythagoreanism.

Let us say that one or more of these conspiracy theories are correct: the movie still sux balls, just saying.

Confused Tibetan Book Maker
[quote=Chanman;440507]
Yellow means you're about to laugh and yellow keeps them from dying. I think Shyamalan is trying to say laughter keeps us alive. Which is why there are some goofy scenes in this movie. Its the laughter that keeps them alive.
Maybe its even about giving off good vibrations.
[quote]

Chanman, I think you are on the right track. I think that there were several themes in this movie. The obvious one being that of the necesity to take better care of the environment, because initially we are the reason and cause of our own death through our mistreatment of our natural resources. One of the more subtle themes that I believe Shyamalan was representing is that of our need to care for one another more fully and take responsibility for the human race. The reason I believe that this was one of the themes is because of his violent and persistant portrayal of suicide as the form of death. In his other films, Shyamalan has used adversaries as the killers. In this film the self is the adversary, and as the movie explains it is due to the 'survival' mechanism being disrupted by the toxin released by the plants. Supposedly, the 'self-destruct' in our brains is triggered. In those who struggle with mental illness caused by a combination of social issues and cultural factors, the 'survival' mechanism is often dulled and thoughts of suicide can be triggered.

My friend and I went to see this together and we both interpreted this theme seperately so I felt that maybe my thoughts were confirmed to a certain degree in that

We also discussed the old woman who had cut all ties with the outside world. At first we questioned why she was also affected by the toxin when she was supposedly 'outside' the normal chaos of society. We came to the conclusion that the old woman represents the idea that we cannot ignore and shut out the world and its problems because we are in fact a part of everything in existance, even though we attempt to seperate ourselves from our surroundings and other people.

I personally thought the movie was beautiful, but I think that everything Shyamalan does is great. He sticks in a lot of subtle social themes, making them obvious enough that one does not have to be overly-annalytical to spot them.
"Oh he was strong, and swift, and wise, but he was still a baby-child. He was no match for the guns and sounds, they shot him up, they shot him down. They shot him up and down. Mother Dear, don't start a-cryin', even though your son is dying. They shut his eyes and locked his jaw, and now his face is toward the wall." -Lockjaw, Dina Rae Lopresti (www.myspace.com/dinaraeofsunshine)

First time here and I would like to post my comments about the movie 'before' I read anyone else's responses.
I have an intuitive interest in M Night's work. He taps into things on a deep level. the movie "the happening" I find with great interest the articles he chooses to have in the scenes. Butterflies etc...and the number posted on the bus '2012'. I feel he knows something 'intuitively' himself and tries to relay this to the public without alarming them. The ones that get it will get it and the ones that don't can leave it behind. I also loved the movie "lady in the water". I knew this meant something as well. I feel it was about the 'changes' upon us and the welcoming of Obama as the leader spoken about that would be a great orator. I look forward to what he reveals next.

What keeps us alive is LOVE and compassion. Any other emotions are destructive and harmful to oneself and/or others, according to Buddhist traditions. People need to get rid of "three poisons". One of them is ignorance. Trying to free yourself from dogma and conditioned thinking is the path towards the TRUTH.

Also, here is some interesting information about 'yellow' color:
"Yellow shines with optimism, enlightenment, and happiness. Shades of golden yellow carry the promise of a positive future. Yellow will advance from surrounding colors and instill optimism and energy as well as spark creative thoughts.
How the color yellow effects us mentally and physically
* Mentally stimulating
* Stimulates the nervous system
* Activates memory
* Encourages communication

I believe that I may have found a new string to throw into the thread. I noticed alot of blues and yellows in the movie. I know no one has brought up the color blue much but hear me out. What two colors make the color green? Yellow and Blue. What color was also used a lot other than yellow. Blue. If you didnt notice, there was blue trimming all in Mrs. Jones House. Everyone who survived for a substantial period of time, the three main characters and the two boys running with them, both wore the color blue. The wife's eyes were a very almost unreal blue color. The mood ring for most of the movie was...you got it Blue. Now when it wasn't it was yellow. They also said that the color blue on the mood ring meant peace, so I think that the color blue was a sort of protection, it brought them peace. Then the color yellow meant you were going to laugh, bringing happiness. When they combine, they become the color green, the color of the plants, bring peace and happiness which is what the plants wanted.