Would you go on a game show?

Tools    

And provided you were selected, which game show would you go on? I'd like to go on the Price is Right to play Plinko, as that's my favorite game on that show lol. Also Wheel of Fortune, I feel like it's easy money to be won on that show.

I've always thought Family Feud would be fun to do

The Adventure Starts Here!
My husband and I each applied for Survivor more than ten years ago. That meant sending in a three-minute videotape of oneself. He got a first callback and had to be interviewed in the CBS station in Pittsburgh. There were other folks there in the waiting room for their interviews and they were told NOT to talk to one another. To maintain the image he'd portrayed in his (very funny) video, he brought along a six-pack of beer and sat there, with his aviator sunglasses on, cracking open and drinking a coupla beers while he waited. He didn't get any further, though.

I sent in a video and heard nothing. Then, about two weeks before filming for that particuliar season was to start, I got a phone call from the casting director, Lynn Spillman. Turns out one of the middle-aged women had to bow out and they were scrambling to replace her, so I got a 20-minute phone interview. Lynn said they kept watching my video over and over because they thought it was hilarious (umm, thank you?) and that, if I were chosen, I'd hear from them within 24 hours. Once I got off the phone, I was thrilled, stunned, and then panic-stricken because I realized I really did NOT want to go on Survivor. The fun part was making the videos.

Every time the phone rang in the next 24 hours, I jumped outta my skin. But I lucked out and they did NOT call. Whew.

We also made videos to get on The Amazing Race (but never heard back), and we drove into town to audition for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? under bright, hot lights, where we had to play a short version of the game. We both felt like deer in the headlights (almost literally with those stage lights) and did really poorly.

Many failed attempts to get on game shows and reality shows, but it was probably better that we never got any further.

My husband and I each applied for Survivor more than ten years ago. That meant sending in a three-minute videotape of oneself. He got a first callback and had to be interviewed in the CBS station in Pittsburgh. There were other folks there in the waiting room for their interviews and they were told NOT to talk to one another. To maintain the image he'd portrayed in his (very funny) video, he brought along a six-pack of beer and sat there, with his aviator sunglasses on, cracking open and drinking a coupla beers while he waited. He didn't get any further, though.

I sent in a video and heard nothing. Then, about two weeks before filming for that particuliar season was to start, I got a phone call from the casting director, Lynn Spillman. Turns out one of the middle-aged women had to bow out and they were scrambling to replace her, so I got a 20-minute phone interview. Lynn said they kept watching my video over and over because they thought it was hilarious (umm, thank you?) and that, if I were chosen, I'd hear from them within 24 hours. Once I got off the phone, I was thrilled, stunned, and then panic-stricken because I realized I really did NOT want to go on Survivor. The fun part was making the videos.

Every time the phone rang in the next 24 hours, I jumped outta my skin. But I lucked out and they did NOT call. Whew.

We also made videos to get on The Amazing Race (but never heard back), and we drove into town to audition for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? under bright, hot lights, where we had to play a short version of the game. We both felt like deer in the headlights (almost literally with those stage lights) and did really poorly.

Many failed attempts to get on game shows and reality shows, but it was probably better that we never got any further.
What a great story! Any chance you'd post the video here? Perhaps it's not recorded on digital video.

When I was living in Hollywood around 1980 my wife and I went down to take the test for the Password game show. There were 30-50 of us taking the written test. I was one of the few who passed it, so I was given an interview and mock-up of the game itself. I was doing pretty well, when the word came up "pistol". I was second to answer and thoughtlessly said "shoot" as a clue. The interview was a woman who was pretty nasty. She said, "Shoot? What the hell is shoot?" That got me booted off, but I was happy to get close. I still think I'm a pretty good Password player. We used to play it all the time at parties. And we had a LOT of parties...

No, never, but my mother was on a game show. Some Canadian piece of shit called Definition. She wore a terrible dress and got decimated by the other team. It was amazing.

The Adventure Starts Here!
What a great story! Any chance you'd post the video here? Perhaps it's not recorded on digital video.

When I was living in Hollywood around 1980 my wife and I went down to take the test for the Password game show. There were 30-50 of us taking the written test. I was one of the few who passed it, so I was given an interview and mock-up of the game itself. I was doing pretty well, when the word came up "pistol". I was second to answer and thoughtlessly said "shoot" as a clue. The interview was a woman who was pretty nasty. She said, "Shoot? What the hell is shoot?" That got me booted off, but I was happy to get close. I still think I'm a pretty good Password player. We used to play it all the time at parties. And we had a LOT of parties...
Why was "shoot" a bad clue? Perhaps a little too broad, but not really a *bad* clue. Am I missing something?

Why was "shoot" a bad clue? Perhaps a little too broad, but not really a *bad* clue. Am I missing something?
The point is that "shoot" is not a synonym for "pistol". I should have said "gun", "firearm", "revolver", etc. I saw my mistake, but was put off by the tester's harsh remark. Puts me in mind of that famous line by John Lithgow (was it in Terms of Endearment?) when someone makes a snotty comment, "You must be from New York."..

I wouldn't really like to but the money might tempt me. I do quite well at "The Chase" though I find Bradley Walsh annoying, I may go on the Aussie version of the chase or the US one and I'd go for the middle offer.