MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Signups/Draft

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I think I had a good draft. Definitely love my pitchers, although my QS stat projection is lower than I’d like.
Definitely feel like I am reaching on a few players (looking at you Alex Verdugo and Josh Bell).

I think I had a good draft. Definitely love my pitchers, although my QS stat projection is lower than I’d like.
Definitely feel like I am reaching on a few players (looking at you Alex Verdugo and Josh Bell).
Once I grabbed Schwarber I was definitely gonna grab a high AVG/high OBP guy, then Yoda took Yandy , so I grabbed Justin Turner, Nimmo, and Jeff McNeil later on.

Theres always at least one guy in every draft that I draft and have no idea why. This one was Oneil Cruz. He might end up being something, or nothing, I dont know. I have Xander Bogarts so its not like I need him.

A system of cells interlinked
I neither love nor hate my team, but it will clearly need some tweaking after the first month or so, as I just sort of blew off pitching and grabbed a bunch of randos.

Im peeking at everyone elses team now and have to say Yodas offense looks flawless. Serious business right thar', but the pitching.....Mmmm, I would say no, but pitching is so random year to year. There is no way to know for sure.

I think Adam auto drafted, did he?

The trick is not minding
Since I have both Acuna and Machado, I am now referring to my team as Acuna-Machado because when it comes to hitting…..I have no worries.

The trick is not minding
I really liked how my draft went. I was able to mix it up with hitters and pitchers pretty effectively. It did get tough past…I’d say round 15 on, on deciding on who to draft. I was all too happy to find Minter and Maeda available that late, though.

Think @Adamantium18 might have something to say about that.

We were leaning on him in the Zoom call to change his name to something to do with Marte again, like he had back in the day, though.

Speaking of Marte, I was glad they at least announced Noelvi's suspension before the draft.

Every-fricking-Ray that I wanted to draft got nabbed before me the round I was gonna take them. Even Junior Caminero! sickening I grabbed Taj Bradley to act as a band-aid for this compound fracture to my soul.

I dont think I have to worry about home runs this season, but my stolen bags could use a boost. We will see, hopefully it wont matter.
As soon as I took Caminero, I saw "Rob is typing...." in the chat window haha

The trick is not minding
Yoda took about 4 or 5 players that I was looking to draft. Thankfully, it was several positions before my turn, so I was able to go with my next choice

So who got the dreaded Yahoo A+?

From what I saw I think Yoda and Harper had the best draft. Could someone critique my team? Im curious.

The trick is not minding

From what I saw I think Yoda and Harper had the best draft. Could someone critique my team? Im curious.
Didn’t see grades up yet. Very curious to see how it views mine, considering it’s my first draft.

Since you're new, I should inform you that he says "dreaded" because Yahoo's grades are notoriously bad, and possibly even have an inverse relationship to the final standings.

The trick is not minding
Since you're new, I should inform you that he says "dreaded" because Yahoo's grades are notoriously bad, and possibly even have an inverse relationship to the final standings.
So you’re saying we should all hope you get an A+ grade, right? 👀

My team: Felt like the best value was the SPs, so I took 4 of them with my top 6 picks. Then I panicked a little because my offense was just Judge and Bo at that point. Pivoted to draft some younger hitters, who have high upside (Riley Greene, Junior Caminero, Wyatt Langford, and Jung Hoo Lee). Strider, Gausman, Skubal, Peralta, and Cease as my top 5 pitchers is pretty good, hopefully, even though I didn't really want Cease. I punted on RPs and SBs, as always.

Your team: Your offense looks solid. Lot of solid floor guys. I like your SPs, but you may struggle getting a lot of innings out of that group. Oneil Cruz, Brandon Nimmo, and Justin Steele all look like good value picks.

My team: Felt like the best value was the SPs, so I took 4 of them with my top 6 picks. Then I panicked a little because my offense was just Judge and Bo at that point. Pivoted to draft some younger hitters, who have high upside (Riley Greene, Junior Caminero, Wyatt Langford, and Jung Hoo Lee). Strider, Gausman, Skubal, Peralta, and Cease as my top 5 pitchers is pretty good, hopefully, even though I didn't really want Cease. I punted on RPs and SBs, as always.

Your team: Your offense looks solid. Lot of solid floor guys. I like your SPs, but you may struggle getting a lot of innings out of that group. Oneil Cruz, Brandon Nimmo, and Justin Steele all look like good value picks.
Yeah I was aiming for power. Unless my lack of SBs' becomes a detriment I feel Im flush on offense. As for pitching Id feel good but theres that rare item which is required for points called a Quality Start. I remember when we went the Quality Start direction, and there was alot more of them back then, way more. I actually took a page out of your book when you won the championship, and drafted a squad of quality relievers along with an Ace or two. I felt since the QS is so infrequent, might as well bolster the rest of the pitching stats. We all shall see if we bet on the right ponies.