Horror movies

Tools    

gone
Same here, one of my top 10 films of all time too...

Only one I haven't seen is in the mouth of madness...I don't know anything about it apart from john carpenter and sam neil...never seen the cover, never read reviews etc. will check it out though...

In The Mouth of Madness

I think it's one of his best movies out of his ladder filmography I consider it too be extremely better than Vampires (1998) Body Bags (1993) (TV) from the 90's stuff he did plus not extremely better than these other two but still better from the same area Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992)Escape from L.A. (1996) either way I think it's his best film he made in the 90's.

It goes back to the way horror movies were being made in the 70's and early 80's and take gentle pokes at things that have been done many times from the repeatment of time were the person keeps on going back to were he just was, too 50's like creature, too the very simple basic use of a dark road very late at night and the old route of have the movie start out were the main character Neill tells the story in a mental hosptial. "GREAT FUN"

also The Cinematography, A guy Carpenter has uses repeatedly throught the 90's Gary Kibbe has done such a great job the movie almost is over powered by the way it looks you sometimes forget about what's happening in a scene and just look in amazement at the visuals.

gone
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0298130

you've gotta be ****ing ****ting me

----

Just saw Mulholland drive...the oldy folk are enough for me to put the film into the horror catergory...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Ok, and what's the significance of that link you posted?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Ring is one of the scariest Japanese horror films of all time, and they're remaking it with people like Naomi Watts fromMulholland Dr. I'm not 100% sure whether GF/HH'S curse-ridden yelp is meant to be "this is good" or "they'll desocrate it, oh no".

gone
I hope to **** they **** it up - then we won't have to endure ring 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Saw Lucio Fulci's Zombie Flesh Eaters, mildly amusing, not much going on there...

gone
I saw I know what you did last summer...t'was horrible horrible horrible film...chances of seeing the sequel are incredibly slim.

I heard they were working on the prequel.

I know what you're going to do next summer.

"I vaguely recall what you did four summers ago." Don't worry, the franchise won't last too much longer. Whatever comes next will likely be the last. Anyway, in terms of horror movies: the "Alien" flicks always creep me out. Always have, always will.

gone
Oh yeah, Alien was the first real film to scare me sensless when I was a wee lad, I slept in my mothers bed! It was too much!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I found that I Know What You Did Last Summer was a better title than it was a movie. The book was much much better anyways. They should never make a sequel to a bad movie, but they did that for Scary Movie, and Scream.

Alien scared me sh*tless. I'm wanting to get the boxed set of all four movies, but fear I don't have the money to do so. I will though.

I Still Know What You Did Last Summer was already a misnomer. Technicaly it should have been I Know What You Did the Summer Before Last or even Rememeber Like Two Summers Ago? Well I Do, Little Missy, and I Know Damn Well What You Did Back Then Too. And By the Way, Don't they Make T-Shirts in Your Size?. Tough to cram on a marquee, but much more accurate.

I hate when stupid sequels have stupid titles that don't make stupid sense. My biggest pet peeve before I Know What You Did Last Summer was Stallone's John Rambo series. The first flick was First Blood, and the second was Rambo: First Blood Part II. Then the third movie was titled Rambo III, but following the logic of the first sequel's wording it should have been Rambo II: First Blood Part III. It must be that "new math".

But now I'm rambling.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally posted by Holden Pike
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer was already a misnomer. Technicaly it should have been I Know What You Did the Summer Before Last or even Rememeber Like Two Summers Ago? Well I Do, Little Missy, and I Know Damn Well What You Did Back Then Too. And By the Way, Don't they Make T-Shirts in Your Size?. Tough to cram on a marquee, but much more accurate.
bravo holden. ........and clearly they need tiny T-shirts because they'll get all stretched out, especially when they get wet so often.

The Thing (remake), The Shining, Premature Burial, The Omen, The Exorcist, and An American Werewolf in London are my faves.
........ as for Alien horror - Alien, Aliens, and The Abyss (even though it was a friendly alien) were scary in my book.

i haven't seen the Exorcist II or III......so Toose, i take it you're serious about loving the third one? maybe i'll rent it.

gone
I got hold of some more disasterous horror films -I LOVE THIS GENRE!

Firstly Two thousand Maniacs and Bloodfeast - they were made in the early sixties so don't expect much - they're actually so bad you can't help but giggle all the way through... not to be seen alone, best with large company

Basketcase -uhm!!!! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP, still funny.

Pumpkinhead - Absolutely hilarious, i wasn't sure if the actors were taking themselves seriously or not...

Finally Dario Argento's Trauma - hmm not as good as I would have expected (in comparison to his other work) but on the better side of horror...

addition:
How could I forget? Ginger Snaps- fecking good!

Yeah....unfortunately there isn't much going on in the horror genre. I think it's just because these writers are afraid to take risks.

There are a few that I enjoyed......The Others,House On Haunted Hill(1999),Lost Highway,Hannibal,The Blair Witch Project and Book of Shadows:Blair Witch 2.

David Lynch and David Cronenberg are probably the only directors left that make good quality films.

Let's see what happens when Clive Barker returns to the big screen with Tortured Souls.