1950/60s British film, don't know title Help!!

Tools    

I'm really trying to remember a film I saw, I think it was black and white and based in the 1950s or 1960s.

It's about a teenage girl who writes a diary or book about the people in her neighbourhood, and her work is published, causing all kinds of embarrasment and problems for the people she wrote about (even though I think she changed their names).

I'd love to know the title of the film!

Unfortunately I don't know who acted in the film.

Replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sueb, a couple of long shot suggestions:
The Diary Of Anne Frank (1959)
The More The Merrier (1943)

Saturn, thanks for your ideas, but it isn't either of them, certainly not Anna frank, not was it an American film from the 40s.

I'm sure it was an English film of the 50s/60s.

Whatever I google I keep getting Ann Frank, but it wasn't anything to do with that.

I'd really like to know what the film was, but it doesn't help that I don't know who acted in it!

Please keep suggestions coming!

Jim Carter, it was nothing to do with the simpsons, it was an old black and white film, I'm sure!

Thanks

Sueb, I think I might have found the answer to your movie question. The movie "Please Turn Over" from 1960 is to be shown here on one of my local TV stations tomorrow morning. So, I looked it up on the IMDB to see if it was worth watching and found that the plot seems to fit your description. Here is the link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053174/?ref_=sr_1

Blimey! Thanks Saturn, but what a coincidence, yesterday I literally went through all the British 1950s films listed on wikipedia until I eventually got to 1959, where I found it, and yes, that's the one! I just ordered it on ebay. It'd be interesting to see it again, maybe I'll wonder what I saw in it, maybe I'll enjoy it?

Thanks Saturn,, how did you manage to remember this thread? I looked for it last night to post the answer but couldn't find it!

Another film I couldn't remember the name of, but knew it had David Warner in, I also spent some time looking into, and it was called Perfect Friday (1970). But that's expensive so won't be buying it quite yet.

Saturn, if you do watch Please Turn Over, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Hello Sueb. For some reason I did remember your movie question but I had to use the "search" feature on this board to find it again. I found it by doing a search on the word "diary". I'm not familiar with the movie "Perfect Friday" but I will look at the plot on the IMDB.

I'll try and find time to watch Please Turn Over, but they have it on at 10.10am this morning. It's Sunday morning here now. Hope you enjoy it again, and I note that it is a comedy.