The Amazing Spider-Man

Tools    

That's how Spider-Man actually is in the comics, despite the darker tone. Every incarnation of Spider-Man that I've seen or read always makes bad puns and cheesy one-liners. None of them are all that clever, but that's kinda what made Spider-Man so awesome to a lot of people in the first place.
Yeah, I know, but that doesn't mean it works in a film version. Especially one with a decidedly darker tone than the previous films.

Yeah, I loved the costume/knife jokes. It's way more like a comic book come to life, whereas the Maguire version (good as it often was) felt more like reality with a superhero merely inserted into it.
I must have watched far different versions of Raimi's Spider-Man than you did...

I am a big comic book geek, but never really cared for Spider-Man as a character. I thought Raimi's movies were mostly dull (didn't even bother with the third one, still haven't seen it). I will not be seeing this reboot.

The only Spider-Man storyline I ever really liked, in the comics, was when they DID let things get darker. The six-issue story of "Kraven's Last Hunt" was terrific.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kraven.jpg
Views:	1947
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	9183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunt.jpg
Views:	3491
Size:	412.8 KB
ID:	9184  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Semper Fooey
That was a good one. Kraven was a good character and it is baffling how they keep skipping him for lesser villains in these movies. Sandman over Kraven?

The only problem with that story it didn't have Steve Ditko art, the absolutely best Spiderman artist.

It was hardly the first time SM went dark though. Gwen Stacey's demise was not a happy one.

It NEEDS to be better than Spider-man 3. I don't know if I can take another disappointment of that magnitude.

Spiderman 3 wasn't horrible. Just wasn't a good movie. I didn't like how Peter Parker had this melt down. The way Venom was involved made it cartoony too.

It looks like Spidey's going to be torn with guilt the whole time, making for convenient dramatic conflict. "I killed my Uncle Ben!" "I created him, I have to stop him!" "I'm responsible for yadda-yadda!." The planned trilogy could be one long series of unfolding tragedies that Spider-Man set into motion one way or the other. Jameson will have a field day.

Well, I was a big Spider-Man comic book fan and The Lizard was always one of my favorite baddies. So, after three movies where they teased us with his good guy side, Curt Conners, in the background, I'm glad they finally decided to bring him on. I've enjoyed all three movies, but the third the least (still liked it), mainly to do with Peter Parker all "cooled out" and strutting to "Staying Alive."

I'm still of the school of "Is this reboot too soon?" But, that said, I'll probably go see it...The Lizard and Gwen Stacey are just too much temptation. But I see in the cast list that there is no J. Jonah Jameson in the film. Pah! Love his character and particularly J.K. Simmons as Jameson. Loved him. But, if they go with a new Jameson in the second film (provided there is one and I suspect this will be a hit and we'll get one), I'd love to see R. Lee Ermey as Jameson. The only bad thing is he wouldn't get to dress down his employees ala Full Metal Jacket. D'oh!

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Humm, all reviews I have read so far think it's nothing special and nothing new to bring to the series. 3 is the average rating.
3/5 im assuming.

Great Rant from Alonzo (rotten tomatoes) :

Webb and Garfield to return for Spider-Man sequel

Director and star back on board for another crack at the Marvel web-slinger

Director Marc Webb is signed up to return as director for the sequel to 'The Amazing Spider-Man', along with Brit-American actor Andrew Garfield as the masked web-slinger.

It was previously thought that the appropriately-named Webb may not be returning for the sequel, following rumours of clashes behind the scenes with Columbia Pictures executives over story direction and tone, and that he was contracted to complete another film for Fox.

But now both he and Garfield are on board for the next installment, which already has a release date of May 2, 2014.

Emma Stone, who played Gwen Stacey, is also in talks to return for the next film.

“We could not be more confident in the direction we are taking this new Spider-Man storyline,” said Columbia Pictures president Doug Belgrad, “and we are tremendously excited to be ramping up production again with Marc at the helm and Andrew continuing on as Peter Parker. We can’t wait to share what we have in store for Peter and Spider-Man with audiences worldwide.”

'The Amazing Spider-Man' rebooted the franchise following Tobey Maguire's stint as Spidey under the direction of Sam Raimi.

It made more than $750 million (£464 million) worldwide.
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/webb-and-...an-sequel.html