Favorite Bill Murray Movie/Role?

Tools    

I am half agony, half hope.
Groundhog Day

"If you gotta shoot, aim high. I don't wanna hit the groundhog."

Johann von Goethe

I'm a huge Murray fan, so there's quite a few favorites I have.

Ghost Busters, Groundhog Day, What About Bob?, Rushmore, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Lost In Translation are all favorites of mine.

I guess if I had to choose one performance it would be Groundhog Day. It's the film that I've rewatched the most amount of times.

I was impressed in his performance in Lost in Translation

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
For now my favorite performance of his is Steve Zissou in The Life Aquatic.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I actually think I enjoy The Life Aquatic a bit more than Rushmore, and he has a more prominent role in it.

Broken Flowers might feature my favorite acting performance from him.

Lost in Translation is his best film. It might be difficult to empathize with the characters as they are both rich and wealthy so to care about their problems may be a stretch to some, but I can get beyond the whole rich dude going through a mid life crisis, and the rich bitch trying to find herself because she's spoiled and will never really have to work a damn day in her life thing.

It's a great movie.

The other day... last month a couple of the teachers were talking about how Bill Murray was in that one movie where he goes to China and how he was totally not funny at all in it.

But I love watching the man on screen.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I loved his turn in Lost In Translation, but I'm gonna go ahead and risk the bad rep: the single most effective and entertaining of his roles, for me, was his cameo as himself in Zombieland.

Is white trash beautiful
I just watched Tootsie and When I saw Bill Murray I wasn't to sure if it was him or not because he looked so young but he was great in that film.

I love him in Groundhog Day and his cameo in Zombieland was my favorite part of that film,But I'm gonna have to say that his role in Lost in Translation is probably my favorite.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Lost In Translation was his best performance, but Stripes is a comedic masterpiece.

"Thats the fact, Jack."

Movies of his I recall seeing and enjoying would have to be

Ghostbusters
Groundhog Day

And I love Tootsie but watched it for Dustan Hoffmans role Will have to rewatch to see Bill Murray

I liked him in 2 of my favorite movies :
Ed wood
Lost In Translation

but than again I haven't watched a lot of his films either!

I don't even think it's a competition really in terms of favorite. Now as far as best goes, it would probably have to be Lost in Translation, which isn't really a surprise at all.

I like his smarmy, sarcastic and witty comedy over all else and while 'Life Aquatic' and 'LIT' and so forth were good, I have to tie 'Ghostbusters' and 'The Man Who Knew Too Little' for my favourite.

I'd probably have to go for either Dr. Peter Venkman - Ghostbusters
I agree with Ghost busters... that role was made for him

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I agree with Ghost busters... that role was made for him
Actually it was made for John Belushi, originally.

But Ghost Busters, What About Bob?, Rushmore, and Caddyshack are my favorite Bill Murray roles.

(Murray was not given any scripted lines in Caddyshack, everything he says was totally ad libbed. Pretty brilliant, really.)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Actually it was made for John Belushi, originally.
Haha - I'm not saying technically, I am saying that he did a great job filling the role out.

Haha - I'm not saying technically, I am saying that he did a great job filling the role out.

I do Agree with this fact that He dis a great job.

My faves

Groundhog Day
Stripes
Ed Wood
Rushmore
Tootsie
Scrooged
Ghostbusters

Lost In Translation

Overrated

Caddyshack
City Of Ember