Post Apocalyptic Survival

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
If you are like me and love the Post Apocalyptic style movie genre then I have a question. I have always wondered what I would do in that kinda situation, like go to the store and get everything in can's so that it would last forever. In the movies they are usually eating stuff out of cans way after the disaster has happened. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention to stuff, but the other day I was in the store and noticed that all the canned fruit and vegetables have expiration dates on them. So that kinda kills my survival tactic.

Just wondering what other tactics you would use to survive in a Post Apocalyptic World.

Double-tap rule. Get attacked by a lunatic? Knock him out once. Then do it again. Then run. I can't think of any for the moment. Let me get back to you.

but according to movie lore (at the minimum) cannabilism gives you the shakes! cant very well fire a gun with accuracy with the shakes now can you? CAN YOU???

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Get cans with no dents. They last a lot longer.

As for what I'd do...
I have a piece of magnesium in my purse at all times, and I can use it to make fire.
I know how to distill water with plastic sheeting... in the desert, if necessary.
I know how to make rope out of plant fibers.
I'll be your mofo-ing queen.
Movie chat every Tuesday! yay!!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Get cans with no dents. They last a lot longer.

As for what I'd do...
I have a piece of magnesium in my purse at all times, and I can use it to make fire.
I know how to distill water with plastic sheeting... in the desert, if necessary.
I know how to make rope out of plant fibers.
I'll be your mofo-ing queen.
That's awesome, I wanna be with you after WWIII, sounds like you know your stuff

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
That's awesome, I wanna be with you after WWIII, sounds like you know your stuff
I love post apocalyptic genre stuff. The question of how regular 21st century people would fare without all our 21st century Stuff fascinates me. When you think how fast it could all be gone, like consider NOLA after Katrina, for instance - it makes me wonder what would happen.

Guns and medicine.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

well im gonna prepare my fortress just like in I am Legend.

Haha! So despite the fact that the world has just almost ended, and civilization is ruined, we would still have Movie Chats? That's an interesting thought!

You want to post like me?
I'd hide in my basement apartment until the bombs and gunshots stopped. I'd have filled buckets and buckets with water and would have to live off whatever was in the fridge and freezer. I would check to see when all communication failed, pack my backpack and get my bike or car if they were still there. I have a deflated rubber boat in the boot, along with an electric pump at all times. I am not kidding. In the dead of night I would drive to the east coast of Jutland and loot convenience stores and gas stations along the way. The first things I would try and find for the trip are
- a 1.5 meter plastic tube for collecting gas from other vehicles.
- a blunt weapon.
- A firearm. Would be difficult to find in Denmark, believe it or not, but there's a local gun club, not far from my apartment and it's on the way. I'd check the perimeters on foot at night and sneak in and loot the place if somehow no ones there. Otherwise I wouldn't risk it.
- Whatever food I can get.
- Ten gallons of water.
- A knife
- Map and compass or GPS if the satellites are still up.
- Basic survival gear to build fires and shelters.
- Tools to strip other cars and maintain my own.
- Car batteries that fit the model I'm driving.
- Tent.

I would proceed to the west coast of of the island Samso. There are islands without names in between and I would ditch the car and bring only the necessary on the boat. I would take breaks on said islands and eat whatever's on the island or the last of the food. Samso is an island with few inhabitants and they probably wouldn't be all that hostile. I'd settle down there, build a house maybe and live off the land. One day a cute American girl would show up on my doorstep and we would live together happily ever after.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I have decided that the best place to go is Bass Pro Shop. There's tons of beef jerky, trail mix, and guns there, and fishing poles for catching food.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I have decided that the best place to go is Bass Pro Shop. There's tons of beef jerky, trail mix, and guns there, and fishing poles for catching food.
That's a great idea, Bass Pro Shop is like the whole mall in Dawn of the Dead combined into one store. I'm deffinatly taking notes on things in this thread. My friend is super obsessed with the whole 2012 end of the world thing, so yeah he's got me a bit worried also.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Guns and medicine.
Yep. You can hunt your food and boil your water. I'll happily loan mark f a shotgun or handgun when he comes to my door. I'm using the AK.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201