Prometheus - Ridley Scott’s Prequel to Alien

Tools    

I know there's still rumors flying around that this is only loosely connected to Alien, but there is indeed a facehugger in the trailer. Scott kept saying that it started as a prequel for Alien then turned into something else, but that "something else" can't be something too far from Alien, IMO.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prometheus.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	8730  

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I know there's still rumors flying around that this is only loosely connected to Alien, but there is indeed a facehugger in the trailer. Scott kept saying that it started as a prequel for Alien then turned into something else, but that "something else" can't be something too far from Alien, IMO.
io9 agrees with you. Here's a very detailed gallery that covers "Every Alien Easter Egg" in the newest trailer. The trailer is so cut up that it's easy to miss a lot of details:

http://io9.com/5894612/every-alien-e...lers/gallery/1

Looking forward to this one. Hope it won't disappoint. Never good to get too excited about coming movies but I can't help it

This is without question a prequel to Alien, however, I believe what Sir Ridley was trying to convey is that Prometheus is a film that can stand alone on its own merits. The film is not dependant on you having seen Alien. But, it will answer many questions for those who have seen Alien.

ivo
Movie Forums Extra
This is exciting! Now I jizzed in my pants
you are not the only one

Looking forward to this! I will actually be going to the cinema for a change!!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Does anyone know why this is called Prometheus? Is there a gift of fire involved?
Maybe it's the thing about 'godly aliens' promising a gift (of enlightenment?) to humans?

Either that or it refers to flamethrowers. It's probably the flamethrowers.

(Plus an alien will repeatedly eat Sigourney's grandma's liver)

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
TV spot for Prometheus, isn't that the alien at 0:24, and then again at 0:24, lots of quick cuts.

looks like brother Tony slapped that together.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The new trailer looks amazing. Check You Tube.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
&ob=av3e

this one.

ivo
Movie Forums Extra
I can't wait!

Ridley Scott and Damon Lindelof Talks PROMETHEUS With AMC

&feature=youtu.be

Prometheus - IMAX Teaser Trailer

&feature=related