Future Movies

Tools    

Jerry Shaw, you have been activated.
I was thinking today,

Is there any movies out there, that basically are about what it would be like in the future? Say, it was made in 1980 and they were talking about what it would be like in 2000.

I think they would be pretty interesting to watch.

Thanks.

Welcome to the human race...
I read that question as "films set in a future that's already passed us". Some examples include 2001: A Space Odyssey (the most obvious of all), Freejack (made in 1992, set in 2009), Predator 2 (made in 1990, set in 1997), Escape From New York (made in 1981, set in 1997), Southland Tales (made in 2006, set in 2008), Strange Days (made in 1995, set in 1999), and so on and so on.

Jerry Shaw, you have been activated.
I've already got Escape From New York, but haven't seen it in a year or so, I've also got Southland Tales. The others i'll have to find somewhere, but the one i am really interested in getting is 2001.

Back to the future II invloves them going from 1985 to 2015 but u shud watcah all 3 in order as thre kinda linked

There is actually a new Bruce Willis movie coming out called The Surrogates that was filmed last summer, that takes place in the future (sort of an IRobot type film). The synopsis on IMDb sounded cool.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I recently read a Cracked article about this very subject and I found it funny. HERE

There are so many futures that take place in the future and even try to predict the future. Southland Tales was complete trash as in predicting the future which I don't think it tried to do anyways. And Gattaca took place in the future I believe, which the film was released in 1997.

desperately waiting for transformers 2