Most Boring Movie

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Lol. Nice one.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

BANNED
Easily, The Majestic. Don't ever watch this movie. Jim Carey cannot play a serious role.

Originally Posted by Rasputin
Easily, The Majestic. Don't ever watch this movie. Jim Carey cannot play a serious role.
Spoken (or written anyway) like somebody who hasn't seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind yet. Believe me, I'm no Carrey booster and think he was horrible in The Majestic, all wrong as Andy Kaufman for Man on the Moon, and merely acceptible in The Truman Show. But he is great in and absolutely perfect for Chuck Kaufman's latest bit of inspired brilliance.

As for The Majestic, it's recycled, melodramatic, cheaply sentimental dogsh!t.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

BANNED
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Spoken (or written anyway) like somebody who hasn't seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind yet. Believe me, I'm no Carrey booster and think he was horrible in The Majestic, all wrong as Andy Kaufman for Man on the Moon, and merely acceptible in The Truman Show. But he is great in and absolutely perfect for Chuck Kaufman'slatest bit of inspired brilliance.

As for The Majestic, it's recycled melodramatic dogsh!t.
You're right I made a mistake. I am looking forward to seeing Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I have heard so much about this movie. So thank you for your input.

I'm not a huge Carrey fan either, but I simply love Dumb & Dumber. I hated it when it was new, but it has grown on me. As far as Man on the Moon, The Truman Show, and The Majestic, I don't think that any of them were spectacular, but I didn't hate any of them either. The Majestic is probably my favorite of the three...call me sentimental. But then there's ESotSM...that's his best...hand's down.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

BANNED
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I'm not a huge Carrey fan either, but I simply love Dumb & Dumber. I hated it when it was new, but it has grown on me. As far as Man on the Moon, The Truman Show, and The Majestic, I don't think that any of them were spectacular, but I didn't hate any of them either. The Majestic is probably my favorite of the three...call me sentimental. But then there's ESotSM...that's his best...hand's down.
I would easily give the cup to The Truman Show over The Majestic mainly because
The Majestic has many historical inaccuracies and the acting was faulty at best. But I respect your opinion and agree with you that Dumb and Dumber although not the 'classic' type persay, but it has become just that: a classic.

"ra-ra-rasputin, lover of the russian queen
there was a cat that really was gone
ra-ra-rasputin, russia's greatest love machine
it was a shame how he carried on.."

sorry, i just had to put that song on as soon as i spotted your screen name.

anyway, i havent seen eternal sunshine etc. etc. but i'm no fan of carey either. i did somewhat enjoy cable guy though.

as for most boring movies... for me they'd have to be 'top gun' and 'jerry mcguire'. just really dull ****. the hammy romance and drama in top gun is what did me in and with jerry mcguire i think the last straw was those roundtable discussions of ladies talking about the problems with men juxtaposed with that ultra-engineered and very shameless exploitation of that dumb little kid, really depressing to watch. another one which comes to mind is 'magnolia'.

BANNED
Originally Posted by linespalsy
"ra-ra-rasputin, lover of the russian queen
there was a cat that really was gone
ra-ra-rasputin, russia's greatest love machine
it was a shame how he carried on.."

sorry, i just had to put that song on as soon as i spotted your screen name.
What would I do without you linespalsy. What would I do without you singing to me. Anyways, that song, where did you get it from?

i am no andy kaufman fan and i wasn't nuts about the film, but i thought carrey's performance was realistic..it was just like watching kaufman doing his silly mighty mouse routine all over again...

and slay i agree with you..despite the corny ending and the it'll never happen in real life factor, i loved jim carrey in the majestic..sorry...

I See You When You're Sleeping
Eternal Sunshine is still not here in the UK. It opens on the 30th.

The most boring movie? Well I fell asleep during the Royal Tenenbaums, it was just a little dull.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by linespalsy
as for most boring movies... 'jerry mcguire'. just really dull ****.

and with jerry mcguire i think the last straw was those roundtable discussions of ladies talking about the problems with men juxtaposed with that ultra-engineered and very shameless exploitation of that dumb little kid, really depressing to watch.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!

I love that sweet little kid...and Renee...
...and that corny/mushy..."You had me at hello" scene.

Eventhough I don't agree with you linespalsy...
...it's really good to see you posting more.

Originally Posted by Rasputin
Anyways, that song, where did you get it from?
That would be Boney M.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

Lets put a smile on that block
Your right Mini, ESoftSM is still not over here! SO annoying.

I enjoyed Carrey in The Majestic. Its just a pretty film i think, plus im a sucker for cheap sentimentality. I really enjoy carrey in The Truman Show, although i feel so so much more could have been done with that film, i still enjoy his acting in it.

ANYWAY, back to the purpose of the thread, The Missins is SO SO boring. Watched it the other night and was really struggling to stay awake with it. I just couldnt have given a flying toss what happened to Kate Blanchetts daughter. Im also not a fan of The Royal Tennenbaums (sp?).

My votes going to The Cat in the Hat. Thank god I rented it and wasn't dumb enough to see it in the theater because after the first 10 minutes I couldn't take my finger off of the fast forward button

Pirates of The Carribean

Originally Posted by MinionTV
Eternal Sunshine is still not here in the UK. It opens on the 30th.

The most boring movie? Well I fell asleep during the Royal Tenenbaums, it was just a little dull.
Heresy!

As for the most boring films -- take your pick from any of Donald Jacksons

I've only ever walked out of the cinema once, and that's because the film sucked (Family Business: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097328/), not out of boredom.

But regarding boring movies, three spring to mind, and I may make myself unpopular for saying it, but what the hell...

The Insider
Hired it on DVD and actually fell asleep - something which doesn't happen to me once I engage with a movie. Well done to Russell though for making himself unnattractive

Confessions of a Beautiful Mind
Intolerably dull. Liked Paul Bettany's performance, but otherwise couldn't get into it at all, and it just went on and on and on and on and on

Lost in Translation
Sorry to all the fans out there, but I just thought this was plain awful. I don't need gunfights, car chases or aliens to make a movie for me, but I felt that this had absolutely nothing going for it whatsoever. It was just so boring. I feel like I wasted a couple of hours over it that I'm never going to get back!

There. Said it. It's like therapy isn't it!? Don't hate me, just an opinion.

BANNED
Originally Posted by WelshBint
I've only ever walked out of the cinema once, and that's because the film sucked (Family Business: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097328/), not out of boredom.

But regarding boring movies, three spring to mind, and I may make myself unpopular for saying it, but what the hell...

The Insider
Hired it on DVD and actually fell asleep - something which doesn't happen to me once I engage with a movie. Well done to Russell though for making himself unnattractive

Intolerably dull. Liked Paul Bettany's performance, but otherwise couldn't get into it at all, and it just went on and on and on and on and on

Lost in Translation
Sorry to all the fans out there, but I just thought this was plain awful. I don't need gunfights, car chases or aliens to make a movie for me, but I felt that this had absolutely nothing going for it whatsoever. It was just so boring. I feel like I wasted a couple of hours over it that I'm never going to get back!

I must say that, while I respect your opinion, I disgaree entirely. Although you may have a point aginst me with the first two movies, Lost in Translation was not remotly close to boring. Rather, it was a stunning visual about something you may or may not see everyday. I myself don;t require Aliens, Gunfights, or kick ass matrix moves for a movie to be good, however sometimes entertainment can be obtained in many ways.

Originally Posted by WelshBint

The Insider

Lost in Translation

I turned off Lost In Translation the first two times I watched it because I was bored, but then again I was drinking. When I finally did get through it I really enjoyed it. Many movies require you to be in a certain mood when watching it, 12 attempted viewings of Lost Highway and 4 years later I finally made it through and it is one of my fav movies of the 90s.

I respect both opinions Tolstoy and Rasputin - I think that's the joy of it really, people just like different things! I will have to give it another go when I'm ready. Watch out for another post from me on this subject.

Great admiration for the 12 attempts! Haven't seen Lost Highway yet.

Paycheck, one of the worst, most boring films I have ever had thedispleasure of seeing.

Blackball
Hurly Burly
Spiderman
Daredevil
Any Hugh Grant Film
Any Richard Curtis Film