Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teaser

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I don't think that is the way to go into anything, if you go into a movie expecting to hate it, chances are, you are always going to succeed. Shredder isn't Shredder, I realize that, but you can't assume Bay ruined it before he actually ruined it, it's a matter of giving things a chance and keeping an open-mind.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Well, my one question is, and it's a kind of pointed one, does anyone here really still feel so passionate about something they watched as a child that a new version will really upset them all that much? I am just sort of getting tired about people's obsession with their oh so precious childhoods, like they are something that is still ongoing (although I know several people who really are adult children, and I feel bad for them),

It's a movie about big talking turtles. They know ninjitsu. This, while entertaining, was never that good to begin with. This will probably will entertain the kids that this film was clearly made for, and maybe not make the parents who have to take them to it want to shoot themselves. I feel sad that there's probably some angry 30 something out there grumbling "Michelangelo better still be a party dude, or Michael Bay totally raped my childhood."

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Agreed. Also worth adding that it's goofy to talk about remaining true to the source material if by that you mean the cartoon, rather than the graphic novel on which it was based, and which the cartoons bare very little resemblance to.

Frankly, the way they look is probably the least important thing about this. I think they look great. I don't think the story'll be worth much, though, and that's what really matters. Whether or not they capture the spirit of the characters is the thing.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I don't think that is the way to go into anything, if you go into a movie expecting to hate it, chances are, you are always going to succeed. Shredder isn't Shredder, I realize that, but you can't assume Bay ruined it before he actually ruined it, it's a matter of giving things a chance and keeping an open-mind.
I will go open minded ,dont worry,that won't be a problem.

Well, my one question is, and it's a kind of pointed one, does anyone here really still feel so passionate about something they watched as a child that a new version will really upset them all that much? I am just sort of getting tired about people's obsession with their oh so precious childhoods, like they are something that is still ongoing (although I know several people who really are adult children, and I feel bad for them),

It's a movie about big talking turtles. They know ninjitsu. This, while entertaining, was never that good to begin with. This will probably will entertain the kids that this film was clearly made for, and maybe not make the parents who have to take them to it want to shoot themselves. I feel sad that there's probably some angry 30 something out there grumbling "Michelangelo better still be a party dude, or Michael Bay totally raped my childhood."
Well,first part of your post is 100% correct,but second part,hmm...You think they can't create dark adult movie with TMNT?I mean if you can't create good movie with Shredder then just give up...My point is,you can create great movie out of this.

Thing is though Michael Bay has only produced.
He hasn't directed it. Which can only be a good thing.
Watching the trailer pretty much proves this wrong It still looks exactly like a Michael Bay movie, especially as it has Megan Fox

Well,first part of your post is 100% correct,but second part,hmm...You think they can't create dark adult movie with TMNT?I mean if you can't create good movie with Shredder then just give up...My point is,you can create great movie out of this.
I think they SHOULDN'T create a dark, adult movie with TMNT. It's a children's program. For children. Why take it away from them?

It really wasn't all that adult. The source material, which i collected as a child, was a goofy parody of Frank Miller's Daredevil run at first, then they fought talking dinosaurs and evil brains...this was hardly serious, adult fare. Let's not lie. I enjoyed it, I won't deny that, but it's not like it was The Dark Knight Returns here...

Well, there were murders and women being beaten and bloody fists, if I remember correctly. It wasn't Sin City or anything but it was still a far cry from the Michaelangelo saying "Cowabunga!" and being obsessed with pizza.

The main point being that a lot of people probably have wildly different ideas about what the "source material" is like.

You better hope I don't make it back.
I was a 90s kid and, like many, was into the Ninja Turtles. I had (still have!) a collection of action figures and accessories and a carrying case. I definitely watched the cartoon. I played some of the video games (the big one for me was always Teenage Mutant Ninja Nurtles 2: The Arcade Game on NES). I read a bunch of the comics (still have those, as well). I have seen all 3 of the early 90s movies (I own them on Blu-ray, thanks to my brother Sean).

So when you talk about the whole "ruined my childhood" thing, I'm a candidate. And yet, I'm really excited about this movie and enjoyed the teaser. I think the turtles actually look pretty good. I mean, it's different. They look like big, hulking creatures. I'm game for that. I'm game for change. As Chris eluded to, the main thing is the attitude and they did show some of that humor. And I love the casting of Fichtner for Shredder. So I'm excited for this.

Super nervous about this. TNMT was a huge part of my childhood. The 90s movies I think will be as good as it gets for movie version. I hope I am wrong but I do not see this movie topping it.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I think they SHOULDN'T create a dark, adult movie with TMNT. It's a children's program. For children. Why take it away from them?
Well,if you want to create movie for kids ,go and do it,who said they can't do it?I'm just saying if you want to create good TMNT movie do it right,be loyal to source material.So is Batman also kids program?They also have cartoons.If someone used comics to create even more money and get kids to watch cartoons that dosent mean source material is for kids.

with megan fox in it of course imam have to check this one out!

Hi all did you saw the latest movie posters?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Brand new image of Shredder

What in the name of f*ck is that?!!! It looks more like a roided up Edward Scissorhands than Shredder. I'm trying to remain as positive as I can but I've just got a bad feeling that this film is going to be really painful for someone who loves the Turtles so much.

What in the name of f*ck is that?!!! It looks more like a roided up Edward Scissorhands than Shredder. I'm trying to remain as positive as I can but I've just got a bad feeling that this film is going to be really painful for someone who loves the Turtles so much.
More like Shredder as imagined by a second rate combo of Silver Samurai, Wolverine, and Freddy Kruger. So in other words he looks like ****.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
And maybe I'm just looking for it because of the Michael Bay connection but I even get a bit of a Transformers vibe from him though I can't quite pinpoint why