Columbia to remake 'Total Recall'

Tools    

In a way, that wasn't all that bad as I was hoping it would be, still don't get the need for throwing in the stormtroopers, but they help for decent action cause of their sheer expendability.

Doubt i'll be seeing this one. I like the original. Not a big fan or anything, but I can't see myself watching this unless it pops up on telly or something.

This looks like the most generic, derivative piece of crap...

It doesn't even look like they changed anything from the original movie, except maybe he doesn't go to Mars. Or does he?

Color me uninterested.

Maybe that's the twist ending, Mars is the New Earth & they need to undo what Arnie did in the previous movie, so they need to suck the atmosphere back in those cylinders & restore mars to its original state.

Movie Forums Insomniac

It looks like it will be a great Sci-Fi movie but a SH*T remake of Total Recall.
Yep.

This new version looks like it'll be a pretty decent action movie, well-polished but ultimately hollow. Based on the trailer it lacks the quirkiness and humor that gave the original TR so much personality.

I'll still catch it sooner or later, but I'm unimpressed.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Movie Forums Insomniac
You're disliking it now. But when you catch it you're probably going to say to yourself, "Holy crap, that was awesome!"

Probably not. More likely, I'll say, "This is a pretty decent action movie, well-polished but ultimately hollow and lacking the quirkiness and humor that gave the original TR so much personality."

You're disliking it now. But when you catch it you're probably going to say to yourself, "Holy crap, that was awesome!"
I can almost assure you that I won't. To be honest, I cannot remember the last time a movie surprised me after having seen the trailer. If you've watched as many films and trailers as I have you know what to expect.

This film looks like utter trash. Especially since I'm a huge fan of science fiction novels. Try reading really great authors like Greg Bear or Dan Simmons then watching a science fiction film. It's like comparing Shakespeare to Spongebob Squarepants.

Movie Forums Insomniac
What gets me is that they've taken a sci-fi movie with a dodgy actor with a dodgy accent and remade it with another dodgy actor with a dodgy accent.
Yet Colin Farrell can ditch his accent, and you can understand what he is saying whether or not he is using it.

Movie Forums Insomniac
Watch Total Recall trailer with director's revealing commentary

The awesome trailer for Len Wiseman's upcoming Total Recall reboot already has us salivating, and now Wiseman has dished a few details in a nifty commentary clip breaking down some of the action.

The director sat down with MTV.com to talk about all the threads and scenes being showcased in the first trailer.

Wiseman said he wanted to keep one of the most iconic scenes from the 1990 original, the Rekall scene where Colin Farrell's Doug Quaid (the character portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the '90s version) has his memories mucked with.

"[We] set it up in a much more opium-den, slightly more sketchy version of this whole process," he said. "I wanted to have a little bit more danger. At its core, it's screwing with your brain chemistry. That cannot be a widely accepted thing."

As for that Jason Bourne-style fight scene against those generic-looking stormtroopers? Wiseman said he's wanted to shoot one of those for years, and Total Recall finally gave him the chance.

"I needed to have the audience feel what Quaid was feeling. I wanted to set up a moment where you aren't given a chance to take a breath until it's over, just like he would," he said. "It was a very complicated shoot where Colin had to do the fight 22 times, actually, to get the thing right with all of the cameras. The cameras would move at 35 miles an hour that were on computer systems. It took two days. It was immensely fun, but it is 100 percent practical."

You can watch the commentary trailer here.
Source: Blastr.com

First we get teasers for Trailers, now commentary with trailers..
what's next?

Man, will we have to pay to watch trailers soon?
Anger rising...rising...rising...

I hate you, Hollywood. You are slowly killing the only thing that distracts me from my doldrums.

Anger rising...rising...rising...

I hate you, Hollywood. You are slowly killing the only thing that distracts me from my doldrums.
I love this post. I feel like the Emperor watching Vader come over to the dark side.

Recently seen another trailer for this on a 10 minute short programme called Inside Hollywood.

To be honest, this looks to be as bad as Spielberg's take on remaking War Of The Worlds.

I bet it won't even be that entertaining, either. Wiseman is a **** director. Michael Bay gets a lot of stick, but at least he has made a few entertaining mindless action films. Wiseman can't even get that right. The Underworld films are embarrassing, and Die Hard 4.0 is as weak an action film as they come. Theres no charm to his films AT ALL, just a director for hire is who he is. Colin Farrell and Beckinsale being the main protagonists don't help the film either.

Wish they'd got Duncan Jones or somebody who directs with soul to take it on.