All About Him Song Tournament

Tools    

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

1-Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory VS. 3-The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back VS. 4-Paul Simon ~ You Can Call Me Al

1-Sade - Smooth Operator VS. 2-Jim Croce-You Don't Mess Around With Jim VS. 4-Lynyrd Skynyrd ~ Simple Man

1-Duran Duran - Wild Boys VS. 3-Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons - Walk Like a Man

4-Percy Sledge ~ When a Man Loves a Woman VS. 1-Baltimora - Tarzan Boy

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
TOP 10

1-Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory VS. 3-The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back VS. 4-Paul Simon ~ You Can Call Me Al

1-Sade - Smooth Operator VS. 2-Jim Croce-You Don't Mess Around With Jim VS. 4-Lynyrd Skynyrd ~ Simple Man

1-Duran Duran - Wild Boys VS. 3-Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons - Walk Like a Man

I'm not a huge fan of Wild Boys, but I've never cared for Walk Like a Man at all.

4-Paul Simon ~ You Can Call Me Al

4-Lynyrd Skynyrd ~ Simple Man

1-Duran Duran - Wild Boys

4-Percy Sledge ~ When a Man Loves a Woman

The first three-way match has a tie between The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back and Paul Simon ~ You Can Call Me Al at 2 votes each.

I will get a tie-breaker before moving on to the SEMIFINALS

Destiny, who knew that the song you switched for a nom that was already taken at the last minute would make it to the semifinals? I'm talking about the Percy Sledge song.
It's a great classic, but Wild Boys must prevail

Yeah, it's pretty obvious what the two of us will be voting on.

Terrible mismatch here. I dont believe youll need a tiebreaker, but Ill keep mum my pick just in case.

This is gonna be a sad finale if the Sade and Percy Sledge songs go to the Finals. They scream "women songs" to me. Not men songs.

This is gonna be a sad finale if the Sade and Percy Sledge songs go to the Finals. They scream "women songs" to me. Not men songs.
Many of the songs are not very specific. It looks much like a regular tournament like the last one did. Call Me Al is not about a specific person, but rather a midlife crisis in general. Percy's song could have just as easily been in the about her tourney, but it's easily the best song left.