Marijuana: Do you do it?

Tools    

Most of the time, in my experiences, I'm the ONLY one who knows I'm high.
wait a minute....you have experiences? im just tryin to get to to bottom of this, cuz from the posts above it sure seems like youre against it. on the note above though, if you do have experiences, i find it highly unbelievable that people "dont know" ..... unless you were closeted away alone somewhere.

I've run across a lot of people who think they're the only ones who know they've been drinking or doing drugs...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

You want to post like me?
My brother tries to hide that he's high sometimes. Funny thing is that one simple question can make him admit that he is; "Are you high?".
And then I know he's really high

and then you get the inevitable sheepish look when you convince them theyre not hidden. mmm hmmm. why do people think people dont know? its somewhat ridiculous. as a non-smoker, i dont understand it. if youre an unabashed smoker, and otherwise unconcerned about the illegality of it, why would an adult care about hiding it?

and then you get the inevitable sheepish look when you convince them theyre not hidden. mmm hmmm. why do people think people dont know?
... 'Cause they're high

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
wait a minute....you have experiences? im just tryin to get to to bottom of this, cuz from the posts above it sure seems like youre against it. on the note above though, if you do have experiences, i find it highly unbelievable that people "dont know" ..... unless you were closeted away alone somewhere.
The first time I got high from pot, I was in 7th grade. My parents and their friends knew because they'd laced the brownies and I didn't know that when I ate them. They drove us out to eat and I couldn't even sync up what I said with what I wanted to say. So I know the waiter knew something was messed up as well.

I was, however, including times I'd been drinking which I KNEW I was doing. I remember going to my therapist when I was in college, drunk off my ass. I later asked her if she couldn't tell. She said not. I believed her.

I'm not against pot. I think it should be decriminalized or legalized. I am against people using it everyday and therefore, never getting anything else done in life because it hurts their spouse, children and themselves.

Since is is illegal and also since it stinks, I've never gotten into it. Once my parents stopped using, I've rarely encountered it. I did try to inhale a time or two but I couldn't make myself do so.

well, two things then: your parents are alarmingly liberal, and you have an outstanding poker face.

Well, you have to assume that a high school therapist has treated some pretty messed up people. Maybe she thought that you was just weird

My parents should have told me there was pot in there. I would have never eaten them had I known.

They should not have been driving, nor taken their child who was high out in public IMO. I hated pot for years because it stinks when you smoke it. I remember my dad would go for a "walk" the cat would go with him and they'd both come home smelling like pot.

I can have a good poker face. I was raised to lie and keep secrets. I gave it up when I decided keeping secrets was detrimental to having a good full life though. Now I suspect I no longer can keep my thoughts off my face.

Well, you have to assume that a high school therapist has treated some pretty messed up people. Maybe she thought that you was just weird
Haha.

She was not a high school therapist. She wasn't even a college therapist though I went to her when I was in college.

Therapist should treat some fairly messed up people yes. I've been accused of being weird quite often.

This particular therapist was the sort I don't think help me. I like to be given "tools" to help make changes. She just listened. I have friends that can do that and they don't charge.

She was however my only therapist.

hope you know im not picking on you bleached - i just had a flashback of certain litigant: a very young grandmother (imo) who was attempting to get custody of her grandson because when she would go to pick him up (which was often), he would be convinced it was raining, or that the clouds were purple, or some such. Her daughter would not stop smoking around the child.

i mean, its one thing to talk about irresponsible behavior for yourself, but irresponsible behavior for your children? not cool. i guess it goes to show in a nutshell that one's decisions, whether personally considered reprehensible or not, affect others.

Haha.

She was not a high school therapist. She wasn't even a college therapist though I went to her when I was in college.

Therapist should treat some fairly messed up people yes. I've been accused of being weird quite often.

This particular therapist was the sort I don't think help me. I like to be given "tools" to help make changes. She just listened. I have friends that can do that and they don't charge.

She was however my only therapist.
I can't quite figure out your tone. For the record: it was just a joke mate, nothing personal

I agree. It really upsets me when children, especially, are made unsafe by their caregivers. Now if the person were only affect themselves, I'd say they are adult and entitled to be an idiot and destroy themselves but, sadly that is not often the case. Most people take others down with them. That's not okay to my way of thinking.

OTOH, I think having unenforceable laws is pretty stupid too. Particularly when sales could be taxed.

hope you know im not picking on you bleached - i just had a flashback of certain litigant: a very young grandmother (imo) who was attempting to get custody of her grandson because when she would go to pick him up (which was often), he would be convinced it was raining, or that the clouds were purple, or some such. Her daughter would not stop smoking around the child.

i mean, its one thing to talk about irresponsible behavior for yourself, but irresponsible behavior for your children? not cool. i guess it goes to show in a nutshell that one's decisions, whether personally considered reprehensible or not, affect others.

I can't quite figure out your tone. For the record: it was just a joke mate, nothing personal
Good to know.

Thanks for saying so.

Tone is difficult to gauge at times, online.

Female Jungle Poster
Tried it, and got lost trying to find my way home!! These days, I can't tolerate the smell of it....if hubby wants a few quick tokes, he has to go outside.

But god knows I love my vodka. It's the only thing which stays down.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

Not regularly. All it does is make me sleepy tho, maybe im taking too much

Was she smoking crack...mack? (I had to do it!)
hey, im black, i talk smack, and some people really do call me daddy.

Disclaimer: Smoking crack is not a laughing matter. adidasss does not support it in any way.
we got ya, adi - and youre right, i think this kid probably had a more going on than smoking pot like a chimney, but i use her only as an example of how irresponsibility affects others. but i admit thats true in any case, legal or illegal. im fairly certain that if theres a real argument for "responsible" and intentional drug use by an adult aware of potential consequences, its already been made.

oh right....we call that drinking.

I can usually tell when someone is high, and for the most part even what drugs they're on.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Tried it, and got lost trying to find my way home!! These days, I can't tolerate the smell of it....if hubby wants a few quick tokes, he has to go outside.

But god knows I love my vodka. It's the only thing which stays down.
LOL!

I've been in Vodka and Bourbon training at times. Ah, those desperately unhappy days of my youth . . .