18. Black Sabbath
19. Rise Against
20. Oasis
21. Radiohead
22. Pennywise
23. Bad Religion
24. Foo Fighters
25. Pantera

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The funny thing is if you list a few Country singers that you like I would probably recognize all or most of their names. Where I live everyone loves Country music and you hear it everywhere.

I wasn't going to post a list here because it seemed like a waste of time for me because nobody here listens to most of my favorite artists, but I posted a list a while back on the "Top 10 Favorite Bands/Artists?" thread so I'll copy it here. (It actually has three different lists of 10 artists on each list, so there are 30 of my favorite artists listed.)

http://www.movieforums.com/community...63#post1186163

Since I seem to be the only country music lover on this site, I did a list of my ten favorite artists that you guys might know and appreciate, rather than a bunch of artists that none of you have heard of or like.

My ten favorite pop/rock artists are:

1) Neil Diamond
2) Billy Joel
3) Elvis Presley
4) The Eagles
5) Air Supply
6) Survivor (After Jimi Jamison joined the band)
7) Chicago
8) Bryan Adams
9) Styx
10) Journey

But just for the record, my ten favorite country artists are:

1) Ricky Van Shelton
2) George Strait
3) Don Williams
4) Wade Hayes
5) Steve Wariner
6) Blake Shelton
7) Garth Brooks
8) John Schneider
9) Kenny Rogers
10) Randy Travis

And my ten favorite non-country vocalist/easy listening artists are:

1) Neil Diamond
2) John Barrowman
3) Michael Crawford
4) Dean Martin
5) Gene Kelly
6) Michael Bublé
7) Harry Connick Jr.
8) Steve Lawrence
9) Olivia Newton-John
10) Whitney Houston

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I wasn't going to post a list here because it seemed like a waste of time for me because nobody here listens to most of my favorite artists, but I posted a list a while back on the "Top 10 Favorite Bands/Artists?" thread so I'll copy it here. (It actually has three different lists of 10 artists on each list, so there are 30 of my favorite artists listed.)

http://www.movieforums.com/community...63#post1186163

Since I seem to be the only country music lover on this site, I did a list of my ten favorite artists that you guys might know and appreciate, rather than a bunch of artists that none of you have heard of or like.

My ten favorite pop/rock artists are:

1) Neil Diamond
2) Billy Joel
3) Elvis Presley
4) The Eagles
5) Air Supply
6) Survivor (After Jimi Jamison joined the band)
7) Chicago
8) Bryan Adams
9) Styx
10) Journey
I saw Billy Joel, Styx, and Journey in concert. I'm a big fan of Billy Joel (was upset he didn't play my favorite song, "The Stranger"), love The Eagles... I also love 70's Chicago, I just listened to "Wishing You Were Here"

I saw Billy Joel, Styx, and Journey in concert. I'm a big fan of Billy Joel (was upset he didn't play my favorite song, "The Stranger"), love The Eagles... I also love 70's Chicago, I just listened to "Wishing You Were Here"

I've seen Billy Joel in concert a bunch of times, and he's one of the best entertainers in the business. He knows how to make everyone in the arena have a great time, even if you're sitting in the cheap seats. (He's from Long Island, so he plays here a lot.)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I've seen Billy Joel in concert a bunch of times, and he's one of the best entertainers in the business. He knows how to make everyone in the arena have a great time, even if you're sitting in the cheap seats. (He's from Long Island, so he plays here a lot.)
I saw him in 2009 I think - he sounded kinda drunk. Didn't put his all, but played a lot of great songs (besides my fav)..

Did he have a "BJ" initial bow he used for an innuendo?

Favorite albums? I'd go with The Stranger and The Iron Curtain (only one of a small number of great 80's albums I think)

I would say a tie between They're Only Chasing Safety and Define the Great Line. I first heard of them when "Reinventing Your Exit" came on a commercial during Headbangers Ball. I also have The Changing of Times on cd.

All their stuff is good though, AoD and CotP are cool to listen to since they were SO much heavier then.

You got a good list as well! I know of a few of them but there's quite a bit I haven't heard of.

The ones I know are:
Alexisonfire
Underoath
Orchid
Thrice
Zao
Pig Destroyer
Death
iwrestledabearonce

All of them are good!
Screamo is my favorite genre, most of the other bands were Screamo. It's a pretty underground genre, but the internet is helping awaerness grow. Mass media supresses the general public's awareness by calling anything with screaming in it screamo. Kind of like what they do to Emo and Metal.

For Alexisonfire I only like their first album. For Thrice, only The Artist in the Ambulance and older. Post Hardcore is what I grew up on, but a lot of bands changed their style, and I preferred the old style.

Screamo is my favorite genre, most of the other bands were Screamo. It's a pretty underground genre, but the internet is helping awaerness grow. Mass media supresses the general public's awareness by calling anything with screaming in it screamo. Kind of like what they do to Emo and Metal.

For Alexisonfire I only like their first album. For Thrice, only The Artist in the Ambulance and older. Post Hardcore is what I grew up on, but a lot of bands changed their style, and I preferred the old style.
Yeah I know what you mean about people throwing the term around. They do the same thing with emo when actual emo bands like Sunny Day Real Estate, American Football, Mineral, Christie Front Drive etc. are amazing.

Other actual screamo bands I've heard about besides Orchid are City of Catepellar, Pg. 99, and Circle Takes the Square.

But just for the record, my ten favorite country artists are:

1) Ricky Van Shelton
2) George Strait
3) Don Williams
4) Wade Hayes
5) Steve Wariner
6) Blake Shelton
7) Garth Brooks
8) John Schneider
9) Kenny Rogers
10) Randy Travis
I heard of George Strait, Blake Shelton, Garth Brooks, and Kenny Rodgers; and I think I heard of Randy Travis.

Thinking about it, I didn't really mind Taylor Swift's music before she went completely pop. I also didn't mind Hunter Hayes when he came on the radio.

Also there's a song by Luke Bryan that I think is ok, that "Crash My Party" one.

Blake Shelton I don't really like but I think that "Chew Tobacca, Chew Tobacca, Chew Tobacca, Spit." song is pretty funny.

I heard of George Strait, Blake Shelton, Garth Brooks, and Kenny Rodgers; and I think I heard of Randy Travis.
Randy Travis was in the news recently because of some major health problems and other issues.

Thinking about it, I didn't really mind Taylor Swift's music before she went completely pop. I also didn't mind Hunter Hayes when he came on the radio.

Also there's a song by Luke Bryan that I think is ok, that "Crash My Party" one.

Taylor Swift is not country, and I have no idea why she's been classified as country. Luke Bryan is okay, but he's not one of my favorites.

I like Hunter Hayes. Have you seen these videos of him? He was adorable when he was young.

Blake Shelton I don't really like but I think that "Chew Tobacca, Chew Tobacca, Chew Tobacca, Spit." song is pretty funny.

I love Blake Shelton, but that's not one of my favorites of his songs. He has a great voice, and it gets lost behind the music sometimes. I prefer when he sings songs like these:

Yeah I know what you mean about people throwing the term around. They do the same thing with emo when actual emo bands like Sunny Day Real Estate, American Football, Mineral, Christie Front Drive etc. are amazing.

Other actual screamo bands I've heard about besides Orchid are City of Catepellar, Pg. 99, and Circle Takes the Square.
I think I Hate Myself, The Birds Are Spies They Report to the Trees, and Rue Montmartre were on my list, those are Emo bands.

The Emo I am most familiar with is Emotive Hardcore which stemmed from Hardcore Punk in the 80's. Rites of Spring was one of the most influential founders as far as I'm aware. I'm not very familiar with the wave of mainstream Emo that came out in the late nineties. I've heard Dashboard Confessional and a few bands like that, but that kind of Emo doesn't appeal to me.

I love Hardcore, Powerviolence, Crust, Grindcore, Metalcore. I like Death Metal, and Thrash Metal too, but my favorite type of Metal is Black Metal. I especially like Black Metal that has a lot of Punk/Hardcore influence. I do like Venom and some stuff like that, but a lot of Metal doesn't appeal to me. I really can't stand Metallica, Slayer, Megadeath, and stuff like that.

I think I Hate Myself, The Birds Are Spies They Report to the Trees, and Rue Montmartre were on my list, those are Emo bands.

The Emo I am most familiar with is Emotive Hardcore which stemmed from Hardcore Punk in the 80's. Rites of Spring was one of the most influential founders as far as I'm aware. I'm not very familiar with the wave of mainstream Emo that came out in the late nineties. I've heard Dashboard Confessional and a few bands like that, but that kind of Emo doesn't appeal to me.

I love Hardcore, Powerviolence, Crust, Grindcore, Metalcore. I like Death Metal, and Thrash Metal too, but my favorite type of Metal is Black Metal. I especially like Black Metal that has a lot of Punk/Hardcore influence. I do like Venom and some stuff like that, but a lot of Metal doesn't appeal to me. I really can't stand Metallica, Slayer, Megadeath, and stuff like that.
Yeah I know of Rites of Spring, that's what people call first-wave emo and the bands I mentioned are considered second-wave emo.

I've only gotten into second-wave emo over the past couple years or so when I discovered American Football on Youtube. I was only like 9 years old when the genre reached its peak so I never really got exposed to it until then. It seems like a genre that fell just as fast as it had risen.

Dashboard Confessional were on TV quite a bit a long time ago, and I myself was never a huge fan of them, I don't really consider them the same as the bands I've mentioned.

I mainly like Metal, Hardcore, and Hard Rock; Melodic Hardcore, Deathcore, Metalcore, and Post-Hardcore being my favorite sub-genres.

Judging by your list and preferred genres have you heard of a band called The Saddest Landscape? If you haven't check out the song "The Temptation That Is You" I have a feeling that you'll like it.

Taylor Swift is not country, and I have no idea why she's been classified as country. Luke Bryan is okay, but he's not one of my favorites.
She was considered pop-country before going full pop so I agree she was never actually country.

With Country, if it has a pretty good melody and lyrics that aren't too "redneck" then I don't mind it. That's why I think Hunter Hayes isn't that bad. It's when I listen to a Country song and hear "SHE THINKS MY TRACTOR'S SEXXAAYYY!!!" that I can't stand it (and yes everyone... that's an actual song )

Welcome to the human race...
1. Pink Floyd
2. Talking Heads
3. Swans
4. Neil Young
5. Rush
6. Tom Waits
7. Black Sabbath
8. David Bowie
9. Queen
10. The Velvet Underground
11. Miles Davis
12. John Coltrane
12. Godspeed You! Black Emperor
13. King Crimson
14. Queen
15. Big Black
16. Iron Maiden
17. Judas Priest
18. Charles Mingus
19. Metallica
20. Leonard Cohen
21. The Stooges
22. Prince
23. My Bloody Valentine
24. Public Enemy
25. Ween

She was considered pop-country before going full pop so I agree she was never actually country.

With Country, if it has a pretty good melody and lyrics that aren't too "redneck" then I don't mind it. That's why I think Hunter Hayes isn't that bad. It's when I listen to a Country song and hear "SHE THINKS MY TRACTOR'S SEXXAAYYY!!!" that I can't stand it (and yes everyone... that's an actual song )

Yes, "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" is a real song, but IMO, it's not a good song. I'm not a big fan of Kenny Chesney. He has a few good songs, but none that I consider great.

The first 25 to pop into my head:

1. The Doors
2. Sigur Ros
3. Our Lady Peace
4. Black Sabbath
5. David Bowie
6. Blondie
7. The Clash
8. Nick Drake
9. Sage Francis
10. Marina and the Diamonds
11. Marilyn Manson
12. Nirvana
13. Jeff Buckley
14. Joy Division
15. Bjork
16. Radiohead
17. Edith Piaf
18. Tiny Tim
19. Sufjan Stevens
20. Patrick Wolf
21. Mogwai
22. M83
23. A Perfect Circle
24. The Chameleons
25. At The Drive In/The Mars Volta - cheated a bit here.

Yeah I know of Rites of Spring, that's what people call first-wave emo and the bands I mentioned are considered second-wave emo.

I've only gotten into second-wave emo over the past couple years or so when I discovered American Football on Youtube. I was only like 9 years old when the genre reached its peak so I never really got exposed to it until then. It seems like a genre that fell just as fast as it had risen.

Dashboard Confessional were on TV quite a bit a long time ago, and I myself was never a huge fan of them, I don't really consider them the same as the bands I've mentioned.

I mainly like Metal, Hardcore, and Hard Rock; Melodic Hardcore, Deathcore, Metalcore, and Post-Hardcore being my favorite sub-genres.

Judging by your list and preferred genres have you heard of a band called The Saddest Landscape? If you haven't check out the song "The Temptation That Is You" I have a feeling that you'll like it.
The Saddest Landscape are great. There's a really good blog I use for getting music.

http://the-poet-you-never-were.blogspot.ca/

It looks like it's last update was in January though, but there's still tons of great bands on there. It was the go-to spot after the Emoisdead and Screamoisdead links got shut down.

I like first wave Metalcore more than second wave Metalcore too, and I like some Deathcore. There are some really interesting modern bands that combine Grindcore and Powerviolence. They have a lot of similarities with Metalcore, but are more intense. Grindcore on it's own I find to be a genre with few good bands that are far between, but bands of other genres that incorporate grind elements are very interesting.

Deathcore
Decompose My Darling Daughter
Last Breath of Jasmine
The Leviathan's Mandible

Grindcore/Powerviolence
Animals on Coke
Carol Ann

First Wave Metalcore
Botch
Cave In
As the Sun Sets

The Saddest Landscape are great. There's a really good blog I use for getting music.

http://the-poet-you-never-were.blogspot.ca/

It looks like it's last update was in January though, but there's still tons of great bands on there. It was the go-to spot after the Emoisdead and Screamoisdead links got shut down.

I like first wave Metalcore more than second wave Metalcore too, and I like some Deathcore. There are some really interesting modern bands that combine Grindcore and Powerviolence. They have a lot of similarities with Metalcore, but are more intense. Grindcore on it's own I find to be a genre with few good bands that are far between, but bands of other genres that incorporate grind elements are very interesting.

Deathcore
Decompose My Darling Daughter
Last Breath of Jasmine
The Leviathan's Mandible

Grindcore/Powerviolence
Animals on Coke
Carol Ann

First Wave Metalcore
Botch
Cave In
As the Sun Sets
Nice! Though it sucks that it looks like the guy's gonna end the blog.

It's cool that you know The Saddest Landscape, tbh I don't listen to a ton of stuff like that but there's something about them that makes me like them.

Another recommendation is Invocations of Nehek, a metalcore band that sounded really good but it seemed like no one really paid much attention to them, I myself didn't know about them til like 8 years after their only album came out.

Cave-In sounds pretty good, I remember checking out Botch before but something about them I can't really get into.