facebook group: stop censoring movies for profit

Tools    

How is this related at all to the thread topic, though? I don't recall the thread being about whether or not boobs make a film better.

You say it's "Un-American" to cut scenes from a film, but the reason they do it is extremely capitalist; they want the film to make more money, so they want to get the film released with the rating that will draw the largest audience. Far from communism, if you ask me.
I dunno if messangerthug is the one who started the group or not, but I was tempted to actually join it so that I could point out how ridiculous the "Communist" part is.

Nah...waste of time...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I think he probably overheard someone talking about it (or saw it on another board) and thought that he would be cool if he sparked the conversation here.
However he was inspired, he did spark discussion here, and that's a plus in my book. In fact, he came out of this looking less than cool, but gave us all something to disagree with... so now we all feel cooler for it. It was a public service, really.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It was a public service, really.
Yeah, tell me about it. I haven't gone on a rant like that in a long time.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I've read The Communist Manifesto as well as other writings by Marx, and while I agree he is on to something in regards to the problem, I don't agree with the solution.
I'm not. But I have seen the Smurfs. Does that count?

I'm not. But I have seen the Smurfs. Does that count?
Sort of, it's a grey area.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."