Movie Tab

Tools    

Originally Posted by jrs
The Whole Ten Yards (Out of 5)
*choking back grief* You're friggin' kidding me. *choking back grief*
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The Bride Wore Black (d. François Truffaut, 1968)
Shadows and Fog (d. Woody Allen, 1992)

I must become Caligari..!
You lucky mother f*cker!
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
One of my favorites. I cry at the perfect ending every single time I watch it (which is often). But I sure do wish Alan Rickman would play a good guy sometime, I'd like to see that.
I can see why it's a favorite. I lost it when Nina breaks down at her Dr.'s and all her grief pours out. I loved the ending...very sweet.

It would be nice to see Alan Rickman play a good guy again. I loved him Sense and Sensibilty also.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
And Lizabeth Scott really was a beauty, with such a distinctive and sexy voice. Unfortunately she had a relatively brief career. I really like her a lot. The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (1946) was probably the best movie she was in, though she is only a supporting player to Barbara Stanwyk, Kirk Douglas and Van Helfin. She's quite striking whenever she was on screen. Maybe not in the same class as a Betty Bacall, but a good lookin' broad just the same.
I haven't seen Lizabeth Scott in any other movie. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the The Strange Love of Martha Ivers. Thanks Holden. I guess what bothered me as I watched her is I noticed as the movie went on (this is really catty, but) when she speaks her top lip never moved. It was as if her entire top lip region was numbed. Then I started thinking about other actresses who've played cool, intriguing characters...like Bacall and Tierney and started comparing Scott to them. Probably wasn't very fair of me.

She was stunning....she had beautiful eyes. And your right, she had a great voice....low, but not to the point of husky.

Put me in your pocket...
And Then There Were None (1945)~ A classic. My daughter even liked it. She's tough my black and white movies.

White Heat 1949, dir. Raoul Walsh

Everyone Says I Love You (d. Woody Allen, 1996)
Husbands and Wives (d. Woody Allen, 1992)

Accidental Hero (1992)
Origin: -- USA --
Genre: -- Comedy/Drama --
Director: -- Stephen Frears --
My Rating: -- (out of 5)

Put me in your pocket...
Now, Voyager (1942)~ Bette Davis is brilliant as the 'ugly duckling', constantly being demeaned and ridiculed by her mother...breaking down...growing into a swan after being healed by a kind hearted doctor. What's interesting is not just her physical transformation...but seeing her grow emotionally along the way. Great cast too....with Paul Henreid, Claude Rains, and Gladys Cooper.