Worst Filmmakers of All Time

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes...
I don't think he is a bad filmmaker, but a director I personally don't tend to enjoy is David Koepp, I respect his writing a lot though.

Tyler Perry by a mile. It just gets no worse than ole TP.

I'm not exaggerating at all when I say a 13 year old could probably write a more intelligent script than Perry. The dude has literally NO CLUE about anything regarding movie making. Can't write, can't direct, can't shoot.... God awful.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
These threads are so funny. Cynthia thatgif is gold.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Kiarostami is the one whose movies I found the least digestible. Other guys like Michael Bay can at least male some entertainment.
Did you see "Taste of Cherry" -- it's a great movie.

The truth is in here
Sofia Coppola - I don't know what the **** happened, but how the hell do you go from something beautiful and meaningful like Virgin Suicides to complete sucky bores like Marie Antoinette, Somewhere and The Bling Ring??? I kept getting so annoyed by all her substanceless lingering shots and the repetitive blandness she insists on going with for "some artistic value" or crap.

Charles Grosvenor - This guy has NO IDEA how to make a competent animated movie. Taking a look at his Land Before Time sequels should be enough, which look visually awful and makes you sick with all the ugly close-ups of someone's mug. Of course the writing is the issue with most of them, but he manages to make them even worse with his poor directorial flair.

Noah Baumbach - If Greenberg and Margot At The Wedding are enough to go by, this guy seems to have a knack for creating a whole cast of characters who are unlikable and horrible against each other with little to absolutely no redeeming qualities. Slap on a dull blue-grey filter and call it deep. **** you, I was so frustrated with Margot I wanted to scream and throw the movie a punch in the face. You call that entertaining? "Black comedy", my ass.

Those are three of the biggest offenders I can think of right now.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I just don't know how Vincent Gallo went from "Buffalo '66" to "The Brown Bunny"... He didn't even show his 3rd movie outside of a film festival.

Leni Riefenstahl is an easy pick for me. The amount of handwaving around her makes me a bit sad to be honest.

Also, Triumph of Will is terribly paced in parts.

I had the misfortune as a teenager to be dragged to a movie by
someone who thought I d be impressed by the French ineffectual intellectual- Rohmer. Claire s knee, a film that belongs in the Pretentious Poseur's Hall of Fame.

someone who thought I d be impressed by the French ineffectual intellectual- Rohmer. Claire s knee, a film that belongs in the Pretentious Poseur's Hall of Fame.
Funny that was the one Rohmer film I was able to make it through

Funny that was the one Rohmer film I was able to make it through
Lol Well I suppose one can be glad one made it through that movie. Sorta like sitting in front of a crying kicking toddler on a trans-Atlantic flight. Or the flu. 😳