The Star Wars Prequels

Tools    

What did you think of the Star Wars Prequels?
23.81%
5 votes
I hated them!
33.33%
7 votes
I loved them!
33.33%
7 votes
I ignore them!
9.52%
2 votes
I don't like Star Wars...
21 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I am the Watcher in the Night
Couldn't agree more. That's why I've never been a massive fan. Only one of the 6 movies is a truly great sci-fi and Revenge of the Sith is a pretty damn good movie....if u turn off ur brain for a bit.

I enjoyed them, but they're not as good as the original 3, didn't like the childish humor and none of the characters could match up to Han Solo.

I liked them they tick my boxes

Well I know this is a subject that is close to the hearts of many, many fans all over the world. Just like FilmMaker I grew up watching the prequels, so for me they were the Star Wars movies of my youth. I agree with Filmmaker that many of those who say the prequels are utter rubbish and should never have been made are older Star Wars fans who grew up watching the original trilogy and felt a bit cheated by the new episodes.

I don't see what is so bad with Phantom Menace, it was a great introduction to the series and the pod racing scene is one of my favourite movie scenes ever. Having said that, the acting by Ewan McGregor was unusually wooden but I think the supporting cast were class, with Neeson in all his majestic, "I'm the good guy" best and Pernila August was convincing as a down on her luck mother who believed in the ability of her son to do great things. The parting of Anakin and mother was quite touching. Natalie Portman however just wasn't good enough here and Jar Jar Binks was a hindrance to an other wise solid plot. Oh and who can forget Darth Maul??? He is right up there alongside Darth Vader and the Emperor as memorable Star Wars villains, featuring in only one movie that's even more impressive.

The one movie which was a real let down was Attack of the Clones, the story was flimsy at times, the relationship between Padme and Anakin seemed forced, not helped by wooden acting and cringe worthy dialogue. McGregor acted like a plank of wood yet again but Mace Windu was simply badass and the scene where Anakin and Obi-Wan fight in that gladiator pit was electric (some of the CGI wasn't too convincing though). This was a bit like Return of the Jedi, which I thought was just such a poor movie, teddy bears beating imperial walkers with wood....come on. Harrisons charisma and Han Solos chemi...................................................

Good stuff bud.....and yeah alot of it has to do with the fact that most of the people that watched the prequels with uber high hopes were major fans of the original ones.

I personally enjoyed the Phantom menace and Revenge of the sith and by the time I did I already had a bunch of Sci-fi/Fantasy from the 90's(and some of the 80's) under my belt

Titan A.E
Terminator 1&2
The Heavy metal stuff...and a little bit of Anime