Actors who never played the villain/never played the hero

Tools    

The truth is in here
I don't think Alan Young has played a bad guy. Even when it comes to Uncle Scrooge, he gives probably the most likeable portrayal of the character out there, A Christmas Carol aside.

I can't remember Paul Newman playing an evil character, and as you said about Clint, he may have played rebels con men and/or lost anti heroes, but not really evil.

As far as the opposite, I haven t seen a lot of his films, but John Malkovich played such a disgusting. Psychopath in In The Line If Fire, I can t think of him any other way.

Classic good guys (and gals) in my memory include Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. I think Jack Lemmon was usually a good guy and as far as I remember- good gals were Sally Field, Doris Day and Julia Roberts - you cinephiles can correct me if I missed something.
Alas poor Harrison did What Lies Beneath but I think it was the one exception.

Oh and wasn't James Mason usually evil?
Paul Newman's character in The Hudsucker Proxy was kind of slimy and I wouldn't call James Mason's role in A Star is Born (1954) a bad guy.

The truth is in here
His character in Being John Malkovich was pretty much an everyman. Granted he played a parody of himself, but nevertheless.

Charlie Sheen has mostly played either relatively good guys or "bad boys" that you still can't help but like. But he did play quite an intimidating villain in Under Pressure, and did an excellent job at it.

I can't remember Paul Newman playing an evil character, and as you said about Clint, he may have played rebels con men and/or lost anti heroes, but not really evil.

As far as the opposite, I haven t seen a lot of his films, but John Malkovich played such a disgusting. Psychopath in In The Line If Fire, I can t think of him any other way.

Classic good guys (and gals) in my memory include Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. I think Jack Lemmon was usually a good guy and as far as I remember- good gals were Sally Field, Doris Day and Julia Roberts - you cinephiles can correct me if I missed something.

James Mason was not a villain in The Marriage Go Round with Susan Hayward or in Heaven Can Wait

His character in Being John Malkovich was pretty much an everyman. Granted he played a parody of himself, but nevertheless.

Charlie Sheen has mostly played either relatively good guys or "bad boys" that you still can't help but like. But he did play quite an intimidating villain in Under Pressure, and did an excellent job at it.
There was a film called Shattered starring Cameron Monoghan where Malkovich is definitely not the villain of the piece

I wouldn’t call Sheen’s characters in Wall Street,Major League, or The Chase villains.

Julia Roberts’ characters in The Mexican and August: Osage County weren’t exactly saints,

The truth is in here
I wouldn’t call Sheen’s characters in Wall Street,Major League, or The Chase villains.
But that's what I said, he mostly plays good guys or antihero types.

I don't think Tom Hanks has ever played a villain, and he should. I never saw The Circle, though. Was he a baddie CEO in that?

I don't think Tom Hanks has ever played a villain, and he should. I never saw The Circle, though. Was he a baddie CEO in that?
I just saw the movie with an eye, not really entertained frankly but he was the antagonist yes.
In Cloud Atlas there was different timelines and he was the villain in some of them (or just one). Also he's not a "villain" but in Road to Perdition, he still works for the mafia.

And as written before, he's the bad guy in Elvis.

I just saw the movie with an eye, not really entertained frankly but he was the antagonist yes.
In Cloud Atlas there was different timelines and he was the villain in some of them (or just one). Also he's not a "villain" but in Road to Perdition, he still works for the mafia.

And as written before, he's the bad guy in Elvis.
I remember how Road to Perdition was marketed as a "shift" for him since he plays a hitman, but for me it doesn't count because he's a "bad" guy pitted against "badder" guys to save his son. So essentially, he's the "good" guy. Great film, though.

I've read praises for his performance(s) in Cloud Atlas, but I still haven't seen it. I also haven't seen Elvis.

I think Ryan Gosling has played just a bad character in his career, a neo-nazi but I don't remember the title (it's just a name if I'm correct).

I think Ryan Gosling has played just a bad character in his career, a neo-nazi but I don't remember the title (it's just a name if I'm correct).
The Believer, but he's the lead anyway. However, the year after he played one half of a murdering duo in Murder by Numbers (with Sandra Bullock).

Ok thanks, never heard of Murder by Numbers. Those movies from early 2000's haha, that's some nostalgy if I watch it now with Sandra and Michael Pitt.