2018 Academy Awards

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I’m seeing it on the weekend.
I didnt cry but the movie has stayed with me. It takes me right back to the place where I first fell inlove.

No need to lump us together. I don't care what you call the movie, call it a 'fabulous rainbow flick' if you want.

I do think your focus on it being gay shows some sort of personal insecurity, though.
In your dreams, buddy.
Don't play that game with me.
I'm a happily married man. Thank you very much.

And speaking of insecurity, how about you sticking to a song tournament once you say you're in, and not disappearing once the tournament begins. Hmmmm?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

In your dreams, buddy.
Don't play that game with me.
I'm a happily married man. Thank you very much.
Genuinely sorry, was wrong of me to personally attack you like that. I had changed my post after I posted it but looks like you caught it.

I don't think ditching a song tournament says anything about insecurity, though. It says more about laziness.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I think we're they're coming from Mojo, excuse me if I'm wrong, is that these films should just be labelled 'romances' or 'coming of age' instead of being shrugged off as another 'gay' movie because they tackle so much more than just being gay. People still won't watch stuff if they think there's bum fun in it in case them enjoying it is mistaken for them endorsing it. I've watched many straight romance films, haven't bee lined to tinder yet to change my preferences. Tbh if Jake Gylenhaal or Zac Efron get shirtless I'll watch religiously even if it is a woman they're getting it on with.

I don't think anything you said was too troubling, but the first comment about Hollywood liberals loving gay stuff made me pause for a second. But even then I wouldn't take offence at all, because I think it's pretty clear you didn't mean anything by it.

Woh woah woah calm yourself. I thought it was an interesting convo and I'm interested in your PoV; I most certainly am not offended. No need to get in a fluster.
Still trying to figure out what a 'gay movie' is though. I dont recall a new genre by that name.
Ummm...I am calm.

Why are you asking me? Look up "gay movies" on the internet and you'll find out. It may not be an official genre, but it's what common people refer to them as.

Here's a link for you:
https://www.ranker.com/list/list-of-...vies/reference

This might just do nobody any good.
I thought the term was “Queer Cinema”, or, at least, that’s the label I’ve seen most often.

Edit: quick Google search has it as “New Queer Cinema”, starting from 1992 as coined by Sight and Sound.

I don't think anything you said was too troubling, but the first comment about Hollywood liberals loving gay stuff made me pause for a second. But even then I wouldn't take offence at all, because I think it's pretty clear you didn't mean anything by it.
Yeh, genuinely wasn't worried about this but I feel it's getting a bit heated so I'm going to bow out. I think this is turning into kind of a silly argument, to be honest, and don't want to take part.

Mojo, I can't speak for Dani but I still enjoy your presence here, whether you feel the same or not.

Ummm...I am calm.

Why are you asking me? Look up "gay movies" on the internet and you'll find out. It may not be an official genre, but it's what common people refer to them as.

Here's a link for you:
https://www.ranker.com/list/list-of-...vies/reference
I'm asking you because you're a mofo and you gave your PoV on movieforums. I'm not interested in asking 'common people' whatever that means. Seems to be the sort of thing Princess Margaret would have called people and she was a a tad self entitled, spoilt, and thought of everyone else as 'those people'.

Thanks for the link but listing movies about gay relationships is not the way you described this movie as a genre.

As for bringing up swan in a music tournament, that has nothing to do with this thread or subforum.

Yeh, genuinely wasn't worried about this but I feel it's getting a bit heated so I'm going to bow out. I think this is turning into kind of a silly argument, to be honest, and don't want to take part.

Mojo, I can't speak for Dani but I still enjoy your presence here, whether you feel the same or not.
MoFo is nothing without the Mojo

Of course, I like it here. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here every single f**king day.

So if Call Me By Your Name is a "gay movie" does that make The Shape of Water an interspecies movie? If so I hear Hollywood is more pro fish then it is pro gay. Oscar lock!

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

*MOJOFILTER GETS TRIGGERED BY GAY SEXUALITY*
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Play fair, Cyn. He didnt say anything about it being gross; he just said he thought it was boring. Not really a way to get him interesting in topical discussions, matey. I might have found it boring years ago as well because it's romance.

Play fair, Cyn. He didnt say anything about it being gross; he just said he thought it was boring. Not really a way to get him interesting in topical discussions, matey. I might have found it boring years ago as well because it's romance.
Marlon Brando never wore Armie Hammer's shorts on his face and pretended he was banging him, though.
P.S. That's as far as I got into the movie before I decided to say "Na uh".
I mean... really?

Well I missed it but OK. He seems to have left the thread so I think you're probably bashing a brick wall but anyway.

This might just do nobody any good.
Marlon Brando never wore Armie Hammer's shorts on his face and pretended he was banging him, though.
Potential signature.