Spoilers Tag

Tools    

So, I really don't want to cause anyone any trouble, but whatever happened to the "drop-down" spoilers on this board? I always liked those, because you could type a really long post and not stretch out the page or have a hidden image pop up or something. I have zero problem with the current spoilers, but I wonder how hard it is to get the "drop-down" spoiler up in this joint.

Again, I really don't want to cause anyone any work... just thought of it...

I don't think we ever had anything like that. Are you thinking of another board (if so, could you send me an example)? Are "drop-down" spoilers basically just one line until you click the button, at which time they sort of expand down?

Here's a forum that shows it (I'm not a member of it). It goes down as large as you need it, but when hidden, it only takes up a line of space.

I frequent a forum where it is encouraged in order to make pages more readable. Especially in debate threads where the replies often take up a full page. Very rarely does it get as bad as it does in MoFos as it does there however.

If you have to actually write something, I don't think it's worth it. I thought maybe you could just "activate" it or something on vBulletin.

Seriously, don't worry about it...

Forgetting which forum you used fancy spoiler tags on? A likely story.

I think that we should consider this spam, and let Loner get in some practice with the ban hammer.

To whom it may concern . . . I'm teasing.

I'm purposely not mentioning the name. I don't go on there as much anymore compared to here. People are way more hostile. Hence the massive spoiler tags to collapse the arguments. That's basically the reason why I'm not mentioning the name (which I actually have mentioned).

I love this place. It is an oasis of the internets.

(and I'm not only brown-nosing the mods when I say that)

Ah, I dig. It would involve me doing something vaguely resembling work, but you make some good points about its advantages. I think the one about images and other colored text in spoilers and such is probably the most pertinent, as most people don't mind the long replies.

I'll add it to the list and see if I can come up with something good. Apart from a little effort the main thing is that I kind of like the "placeholder" look of the current ones. I'm tempted to add a second type, but that might be too confusing, so I'd probably be forced to choose.

Spoiler... Spoiler... Spoiler... Spoiler... Spoiler... Spoiler... Spoiler...

WARNING: "spoil me" spoilers below
Spoiler... Spoiler...
Spoiler... Spoiler...
Spoiler... Spoiler...
Spoiler... Spoiler...
Spoiler... Spoiler...
Spoiler... Spoiler...
Spoiler... Spoiler...

Spoiler... Spoiler... Spoiler... Spoiler... Spoiler... Spoiler... Spoiler...

NOt3: This spoiler is subjected to deletion if necessary.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Forgetting which forum you used fancy spoiler tags on? A likely story.

I think that we should consider this spam, and let Loner get in some practice with the ban hammer.

To whom it may concern . . . I'm teasing.
I was wanting to a couple of nights ago, but you are too quick on the draw.

Thinking about it...
Testing spoilers tags...

WARNING: "The End of the World" spoilers below
It ends

Quick test... in preparation for next month when TDKR comes out...

WARNING: "TDKR" spoilers below
Darth Vader is Luke's Father. Hahahaha! You were hoping for something else? Test completed. Rodent is ready.

I just wanted to test this space and see if it worked. And to say that I don't like
WARNING: "spoiled cabbage" spoilers below
spoiled cabbage
. Or fresh for that matter.

So, this isn't quite another spoiler tag, but it can be used as one, so I'll mention it here: you can now collapse things into one line, and reveal them with a Show/Hide button, like this:

Table of Contents  

I've always liked the slightly atypical way we mark spoilers here, but it does have some downsides, like the inability to hide spoilery images, for example. So if you want to do that, or just prefer this, or just want to collapse things (like an unwieldy Table of Contents in a review thread, for example), you can do it like this:

[*collapse=Title Here]Hidden stuff here[/collapse*]

Thanks to Rhys for bugging me into doing this.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Testing about bambi's mother spoiler

[*spoilers=Your Movie] she got eaten [*/spoilers]

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh damn. Didnt work. Sorry for spoiler.