Miss Vicky's 100 Favorite Movies

→ in
Tools    

It's been a few years since I did my Top 50 and I've decided it's time to rearrange and expand the list. So here it is, My 100 Favorite Films as of this moment. Some are movies I respect for their artistic value, some I love for their nostalgic value, some are guilty pleasures, but most are just plain fun.

100. The Love Bug (1968)

Director: Robert Stevenson
Cast: Dean Jones, Michelle Lee, David Tomlinson, Buddy Hackett

Why I Love It: It's a childhood favorite. My older brother is a life-long car fanatic and he often got to pick what we watched so we watched the Herbie movies a lot. Also the bug itself is downright adorable.

99. Showgirls (1995)

Director: Paul Verhoeven
Cast: Elizabeth Berkeley, Gina Gershon, Kyle MacLachlan, Glenn Plummer, Robert Davi

Why I Love It: It's so bad, it's great. The acting is horrible. The plot is stupid and predictable. It's camptastic crap of the highest order.

98. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975)

Director: Milos Forman
Cast: Jack Nicholson, Louise Fletcher, Michael Berryman, Danny DeVito

Why I Love It: It's heartbreaking, thought provoking, touching and funny. It also features some very memorable performances, particularly from Nicholson and Fletcher.

Love Showgirls. That's another one I put on SC's commentary list. "Cuckoo" is really good, but I've not seen it in a very long time and it's not the sort of thing I really want to see again at the moment.

Looking forward to your list, MV.

97. Django Unchained (2012)

Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Jamie Foxx, Cristoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Samuel L. Jackson, Kerry Washington, Don Johnson, Jonah Hill.

Why I Love It: It's violent, it's profane, it's hilarious. It's one of the most entertaining Westerns of recent years. It also features some spectacular performances, especially from the villians Leonardo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson. Don Johnson too was surprisingly great as Big Daddy.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Django Unchained is a good pick

Reviews

Last one for today...
96. The Robe (1953)

Director: Henry Koster
Cast: Richard Burton, Jean Simmons, Victor Mature, Jay Robinson, Michael Rennie

Why I Love It: The pomp and spectacle of the sets and costumes are pretty thrilling, but mainly I love it for the over-the-top, ham-tastic performances of Victor Mature, Richard Burton and (most especially) Jay Robinson as Caligula. This is a definite guilty pleasure. For more ham-tastic, crappy fun with Robinson and Mature, watch the sequel - Demetrius and the Gladiators.

Haven't seen the first two yet, but I really want to see Showgirls for its cult status. The last two are great picks! I didn't know you liked Django Unchained that much. I'm also a big fan of it! It's one of the most entertaining films that came out recently.

EDIT: Haven't seen The Robe yet, but it's also on my watchlist.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Delighted to see you attempting a top 100 list Vicky. Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Cuckoo's Nest my fave of the first five. Ill be rewatching it soon for my 100, think it sits about #10. I'm really looking forward to it because I think it has been 5-7 years since I last saw it. All time great and I am pleased to see all the love it has been getting around here the last few days.

I liked Django quite a bit but not as much as other Tarantino.

Happy to see a few people enjoyed Showgirls...somebody should.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Django was the best film to come out in 2012 imo. Very entertaining and a boatload of fun.

Lots of new favorites lists around here lately! One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Django Unchained are both great. Haven't seen the rest.