Summer 2015 blockbusters

Tools    

Probably a bit premature but who cares? The summer of 2015 is shaping up to be one of the biggest ever with Pirates 5, Star Wars 7, Avengers 2, Terminator 5, Bond 24 and lots more coming out. Which ones do you think will succeed and which will flop? With so many big budget movies competing in the same year will cause the Hollywood implosion Spielberg and Lucas predicted? (though it would be kind fun to watch). Which ones are you planning on seeing?

I can't post a link yet but a quick Google search will give you a complete list of what's coming out in 2015.

Probably a bit premature but who cares? The summer of 2015 is shaping up to be one of the biggest ever with Pirates 5, Star Wars 7, Avengers 2, Terminator 5, Bond 24 and lots more coming out.
Or, films I don't care about, as I know them.

Bond 24 i think it will be the begest movie of the year

I think Avengers 2 will be the best from that list!
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I generally don't really care anymore about big budget films/sequels as the last couple of blockbusters I've seen don't really contain any true quality and were very dissapointing, but I will check out "Star Wars 7" and "James Bond 24", just because I'm a fan of both film series. I don't expect to be blown away by any of them, though.

but now you have my attention
Yeah Avengers 2, the first one had impossible pressure to deliver and I was pleasantly surprised it did.
Disney's reputation is do or die with Star Wars, good luck to them

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I'm not going to bother making a complete list but here are my thoughts on how several of them will do:

Star Wars 7:
Shrug. It's Star Wars. Name recognition alone would probably be enough earn half a billion or so even if it was two hours of nothing but Jar Jar Binks pratfalls. I'm exaggerating a bit there but this will probably be on the highest grossing films of the year, if not the highest.

Avengers 2:
It probably won't gross as much as the first but this one should do very well. Superman vs. Batman and Hunger Games are probably the only movies that could offer it serious competition and I don't think those are being released near Avengers 2 anyway.

Jurassic Park and ID2:
These will probably bomb pretty badly. IIRC their predecessors relied more on impressive visuals rather than good performances or interesting stories to sell tickets but that sort of thing is par for the course nowadays with all the superhero, Transformers, and Pirates movies. Without being able to rely on the “OMG! AWESOME SPECIAL EFFECTS! MUST WATCH!” card anymore it’s unlikely either of them will be able to recoup their giant budgets.

Ant Man:
I have no idea why Marvel thinks this is a good idea. What exactly is appealing about a guy who talks to ants and shrinks down to the size of an ant? Notice how DC has never made a Aqua Man movie? Yeah, similar situation here. Characters like Iron Man, the Hulk, and Thor were pretty well known to non comic readers even before the movies came out but most people have probably never heard of Ant Man or just flat out don't care about him. This one will probably flop badly.

Pirates 5:
This one I’m not sure about. The Pirates movies usually do very well at the box office but the franchise has definitely gone down hill with each sequel. That hasn't impacted their earnings much -if at all- but you have to wonder how long they can keep phoning in on the script and still hit box office gold each time. It will probably do pretty well but given the large budget required and all the competition it's far from certain.

I'm probably going to see Avengers 2 and Bond 24. If it turns out to be mind blowingly awesome then I might check out Star Wars 7 but I doubt it.

Dammit, I just wrote out a whole reply and then pressed paste instead of copy.

Anyway, to cut a long post short, the new Star Wars film will rake it in and make enough to put it in the top 5 grossing films of all time. Maybe even top 3.

The Avengers will probably make more than the first, but this depends on the worldwide take. I'm sure it'll be more so, if the domestic stays around the same, it should push past it.

ID2 and Jurassic Park will need A-List stars to really make it big, but they should have big SF/X because that's what a summer blockbuster is now. If they don't, then they're in danger of killing it before it gets going.

Ant Man:
I have no idea why Marvel thinks this is a good idea. What exactly is appealing about a guy who talks to ants and shrinks down to the size of an ant? Notice how DC has never made a Aqua Man movie? Yeah, similar situation here. Characters like Iron Man, the Hulk, and Thor were pretty well known to non comic readers even before the movies came out but most people have probably never heard of Ant Man or just flat out don't care about him. This one will probably flop badly.
It's going to be directed by Edgar Wright. That should attract some audience as he's really making a name for himself lately. It might not be a huge box office succes, but I think it will become one of the better comic films in terms of quality, just because of the capablity of Wright.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Isn't Batman/Superman meant to be summer 2015 aswell?

I think if Star Wars is good then it will rule the summer. Not sure if it will be summer but I'm really looking forward to Nolan's "Interstellar" the most form 2015.

As for next year I'm really stoked for X-Men Days of Future Past.

I heard they're making an assasins' creed movie, that has some potential to be great. And i dont care what people are saying cuz batman vs superman will also be one to remember.

Finished here. It's been fun.
I'm curious about Star Wars ep. 7 but I don't really care much for the other films listed to be perfectly honest.

Shouldn't they release the Ant Man movie way before Avengers 2? Since Hank Pym (AKA Ant Man) is the one who creates Ultron, the next villain?
Because Pym will not be creating Ultron in the next Avengers movie.

I think if Star Wars is good then it will rule the summer. Not sure if it will be summer but I'm really looking forward to Nolan's "Interstellar" the most form 2015.
I thought that was planned for 2014?

I think Avengers 2 will be the best from that list!
Avengers 2 => I think so.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
It's going to be directed by Edgar Wright. That should attract some audience as he's really making a name for himself lately. It might not be a huge box office succes, but I think it will become one of the better comic films in terms of quality, just because of the capablity of Wright.
I guess Ant Man's success depends partially on what sort of movie Marvel wants it to be. If it's going to be a smaller movie like Elektra or Daredevil that isn't expected to to do more than recoup it's budget then it should work out fine. A big budget Ant Man movie like Iron Man or Thor would probably flop though, at least on it's first attempt.

I thought that was planned for 2014?
Nope. Episode 7 is being released in 2015 and after that there will be one Star Wars movie per year. One SW movie a year seems kind of overkill to me especially with all the Star Trek movies but whatever.

Nope. Episode 7 is being released in 2015 and after that there will be one Star Wars movie per year. One SW movie a year seems kind of overkill to me especially with all the Star Trek movies but whatever.
I was talking about Interstellar...

Yeah 2015 is looking like a big year...

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Star Wars 7
Avengers 2
Terminator 5
Bond 24
Mission Impossible 5
Warcraft movie
Prometheus 2
Fantastic Four
Ted 2
Assassins Creed
Independence Day 2

Not to mention Superman Vs Batman and, an as of yet unconfirmed new Batman film as well... Affleck has apparently signed numerous deals to star in numerous Batfilms, one of which has been pencilled in for a 2015 release so will probably be filmed at the same time as Supe Vs Bat.