The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Hmmm, I never had any problem with that quest - You've done the (trying not to be too spoiler-y here) prison thing? As far as I know that's the only way to complete it.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Yeah this is a known glitch. The guards stay hostile even after the prison break. I remember reading something about bringing the civil war to Markarth fixing it. I think once it's under a new rule, with new guards, the glitch is gone.
Shame tho, sounds like a right pain . Have you not got any saves prior to the prison bit Iro?

I've been quite lucky - the only real quest-breaking bug I've had was when trying to join the Thieves Guild on my first play.

Markarth's s**t anyway. Burn it down!

Welcome to the human race...
Eh, it just means that if I ever go back I either have to sneak around or take on the whole city guard. In both cases, good skill-building challenges, I guess.

Well, there's probably going to be a new patch soon (if you're lucky it'll fix it) because I got a message today about downloading the Beta version on Steam.

I'm not gonna bother this time and will wait for the real thing - the Beta will break SKSE until they come up with a new build.

Well, there's probably going to be a new patch soon (if you're lucky it'll fix it) because I got a message today about downloading the Beta version on Steam.

I'm not gonna bother this time and will wait for the real thing - the Beta will break SKSE until they come up with a new build.
Last I checked, they had released a patch - too bad I'm on a 360 without Live support. In any case, it doesn't really matter.

EDIT: Hmm, been revisiting the area for Thieves' Guild missions and now there don't seem to be any guards left. Maybe I got rid of them all.

A system of cells interlinked
I saw Steam in my programs and said "hmm, wonder what I have on that."

Oh, Half-Life 2 - I loved that when it first came out, might as well play for a few minutes...

Five hours later....

....and I was nodding off at the switch...

Any other games along these lines to recommend for single player? How was Crysis?

there's a frog in my snake oil
Eh, it just means that if I ever go back I either have to sneak around or take on the whole city guard. In both cases, good skill-building challenges, I guess.
Guess that's true

(I just have to briskly trot away from the guards in every city. They all seem to 'know me' for some minor crime or other. Can't figure out quite what for)

Oh, Half-Life 2 - I loved that when it first came out, might as well play for a few minutes...

Five hours later....
Ahhh, I've pondered replaying HL2 a few times now, but I know that's exactly what would happen

Five hours later....

....and I was nodding off at the switch...

Any other games along these lines to recommend for single player? How was Crysis?
Got your new PC then? I see Cities XL is on Midweek Madness on Steam right now - You should be able to sink a fair few hours into a God Sim.

Unless you're me, that is. The only city-builder type game which held my interest was Caesar 3.

HL2 is the only FPS that I really liked. Operation Wolf maybe, but that's going back into the mists of time.

Oh yeah!

I didn't get my new PC yet, no... Word has it is has been built and is now in the QC stages before shipment...

Nope, I had just logged out of SWTOR and was dorking around on my old rig when I saw the STEAM logo and figured "what the hell".

Played those

I didn't get my new PC yet, no... Word has it is has been built and is now in the QC stages before shipment...

Nope, I had just logged out of SWTOR and was dorking around on my old rig when I saw the STEAM logo and figured "what the hell".

I am kinda the same with single player shooters - it's gotta be good for me to play all the way through...

You're a better man than me then. I've had them since The Orange Box and not touched them - How long has the Orange Box been out? Seems like years.

The STALKER games maybe? They're kinda shooter-y RPG-y hybrids in the Deus Ex vein. Played the first one and picked up the second really cheap - Only played an hour or so.

They're bleak. Really bleak.

You could always play Deus Ex again.

Or The Witcher?

On GOG? I can confirm that it runs flawlessly on W7 x64 (for the upcoming new PC 'an all ), unlike Deus Ex 2.

Invisible War mightn't run at all on Windows 7, I remember hearing massive problems with it. It's no loss, really.

Okay, now this Markarth glitch is starting to get irritating. The guards do regenerate between visits, and since the bounty keeps getting higher without any means of clearing it, that means more and more guards keep coming after me. I can't even fast travel to the city without immediately attracting their attention.

Not into video games atm I guess, lol I go in and out of phases. Last game I played was Top Spin 4. I have a short attention span with games, they're fun for awhile now I get bored easily.