The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

Unregistered Illegal User
I think he's looking for reasons why he's not as awesome as Leo.
Oi! Not really mate, I was just asking, i refuse to be dragged into the DiCaprio Vs Phoenix battle!

Grill me, I dare you!
My Reviews

A very small portion of the portfolio my agent sent out to Hollywood so other agencies can get a good view of what I have to offer.

You ready? You look ready.
Phoenix is vegan. He would never go fishing.
Has he not heard of catch and release?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Yeah, that is what I am more into anyway. I am not all into scales and de-boning and stuff like that. Ewww

But I can put bait on my own hook.

Besides being a vegan, he is an animal rights activist. Animal rights groups generally frown on fishing of any kind.

I won't argue with that, but I don't find his involvement in animal rights to be weird.
Oh heck no I am all for Animal Rights, but catching a fishing and throwing it back is a whole lot different than shooting a deer and killing it.

Oh heck no I am all for Animal Rights, but catching a fishing and throwing it back is a whole lot different than shooting a deer and killing it.
Not necessarily. The hook still injures the fish and many released fish die of their wounds later on. There's also the issue of the live bait that many fishermen use.

Not necessarily. The hook still injures the fish and many released fish die of their wounds later on. There's also the issue of the live bait that many fishermen use.
I would only use bait that isn't alive.

I would only use bait that isn't alive.
Well being that he's vegan (he was raised that way, btw, and his siblings are vegan as well), I'd assume that anything that was once alive wouldn't be acceptable anyway.

Veganism is an extreme form of vegetarianism. Vegans will not eat any meat, eggs, dairy, honey or other animal derived products. They also will not use or wear anything made from animal fibers, skin, etc. Which is why anytime any of Phoenix's characters are seen to be wearing anything like that, you can bet that the wardrobe department actually made them out of something else.

Besides being a vegan, he is an animal rights activist. Animal rights groups generally frown on fishing of any kind.
Yeah, and they also frown upon all the pet owners who fund their craziness.

Yeah, and they also frown upon all the pet owners who fund their craziness.
You're making a blanket statement based on what a few vocal extremists in the movement have said. Not all animal rights activists are against pet ownership.

Nope, sorry. Not a blanket statement. Cold hard fact. If you buy into any sort of "animal rights" group it automatically ends pet ownership. You can't own someone/something with rights. Some guys tried it a few times...got called slavery.

It is a blanket statement. Actually very few groups advocate the ending of pet ownership. Most recognize the fact that freedom for domesticated animals equates to suffering and death. Instead they promote responsible pet ownership. They work to pass laws to protect domestic animals and work to improve their lives.

Only extremist groups like the ALF (essentially a terrorist organization that has to keep its membership secret due to illegal activities) and PETA actually advocate such things and, quite frankly, many other groups have tried to distance themselves from them.