Life Changing Movies

Tools    

Is there a movie that you've seen that has changed the way you look at things? What movie has most affected you personally, in that it made you re-think certain aspects of your life? For me, seeing the movie Babe led me to become a vegetarian. It was such a sweet movie! I'm eager to hear your responses.

Joe W.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I could've sworn that there was a thread already started on this matter, but I can't seem to find it.

Oh well, I would say that A.I. Artificial Intelligence would be a life changing movie.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I would say that A.I. Artificial Intelligence would be a life changing movie.
As a writer I'm most interested to learn how this movie changed you. I didn't think it was the type that could change a person.

Mine was Stone's JFK. It didn't change me as much as solidify a vague political view of mine into a solid, crystal clear one.

I guess it didn't really change me, it touched me more than it changed me.

Here's how I see it...David went to the ends of the earth (literally) for his "mother" to love him.

Bleh. I've got to raise an eyebrow to anyone who's politically infulenced by Stone's movies. Anyhoo, not many movies have changed my life...and the ones that have haven't done so dramatically. Only three come to mind just now:
  • Braveheart
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • 12 Angry Men
I may think of others down the line.

Instinct

It just made me think about and pay attention to certain things; the more I did that, the more I changed.

crazed out movie freak
there aren't really any movies that have changed me.the two that come to mind though that have effected me the most mentally are.platoon-just because it showed how crazy war can actually get.and Adam-a movie about john walsh's kid adam. he was abducted in a shopping mall and murdered.this film ahowed me just how cruel people can be, and just how laxed the system was when he was trying to get his kid back.

Originally posted by spudracer
I guess it didn't really change me, it touched me more than it changed me.

Here's how I see it...David went to the ends of the earth (literally) for his "mother" to love him.
That's fair enough to me. I just couldn't understand how it could change a person. THE LAST EMPEROR, about a man in a 'cage' his entire life, really moved me, but it didn't change me. Well, as you say, not a lot..

:-)

Originally posted by Yoda
Bleh. I've got to raise an eyebrow to anyone who's politically infulenced by Stone's movies.
Coming from a 'Jedi Master' who's so keen on Yoda, that's understandable. And I didn't say Stone's films, but JFK.

Yes, I know. Which is one of Stone's films. I didn't say "all of Stone's films." I also don't understand what the Yoda/Jedi line is supposed to mean, exactly.

crazed out movie freak
jfk was a great movie. a little long though

Whad'you know?
Fight Club - maybe im just impressionable, but it seemed to have made me a lot more cynical

Fight Club
American Beauty
Vanilla sky!
Requiem for a Dream (never look at drugs the same)

The best movies are ones that change the way you think, movies that can make an impact on your life.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Originally posted by spudracer NotTheOnly1 please don't double post. Simply edit your post if you want to add anything to it.
I'm not doubleposting. I'm adding replies to other posts, as others are doing in this same thread.

Please explain if I'm missing something--

Don't reply to two messages back to back.

So if you reply to one message, don't turn around and reply to another message right after you get done replying to the first message.

Simply edit the first one, add in the quote from the other message your replying to and go that way.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I think that Seeing Michael Moore's films Roger and Me, and The Big One really changed my life. They certainly opened my eyes and got me thinking politically. Platoon was also an eye opener, since I never knew anything about the Vietnam war until that, and Born on the Fourth of July fits that bill, too. (Both films are Oliver Stone masterpieces, I might add.)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

the movie was called "flowers for algernon" or "charlie"

crazed out movie freak
born on the fourth of july. great choice. that movi definetly turned a couple of heads.