The Videogames Tab

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Yeah, Resistance has some sweet online features. The co-op online is nice, but it's not Campaign online or 2 player campaign. It's basically objectives that you must do.

The 60 player online is fun and I recommend getting the game.

I will say that the story is a bit weak and I did not care for the characters what so ever.

I got Little Big Planet and Bioshock for my birthday, yay!!!

Suspect's Reviews

A system of cells interlinked
XBL name = EraserH3ad

Currently playing:

Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (Xbox 360)
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Nintendo Wii)
Super Mario World (Nintendo Wii)
Punch-Out!! featuring Mr. Dream (Nintendo Wii)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Sorry Seds, I just got round to adding you tonight - there are no popups telling you've got a friend request on the 360? That's twice now I've blundered upon my messages and found one pending.

Anyone else feel free - XBL Gamertag: Paddy Sonatine, PS3: greenspagbol

I'll hand anyone's arse to them on Forza, otherwise I'm pretty darned average with online stuff.

Last game I bought - Prince of Persia

Looks great, plays well but verrrrry repetitive. Same engine as Assassin's Creed and Tomb Raider Underworld: It's more interesting than the former (but with worse combat) and has a much better camera than the latter (but with less to explore).

Maybe the Unreal Engine will eventually come up with a wholly decent 3D platformy type thing?

I sure had fun playing CoD online on Saturday! Sure, I came in ranked in the bottom four after each game, but, it was still mad fun, and I will get better!

You ready? You look ready.
I sure had fun playing CoD online on Saturday! Sure, I came in ranked in the bottom four after each game, but, it was still mad fun, and I will get better!
Ha! I hardly play online shooters anymore, but when I do I'm no where near that bad. More like top 4, generally. Signs of old age, eh?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Have you been teabagged yet, Seds?

John - I know my reactions are nothing like what they used to be. What's that I hear about bad workmen blaming their tools?

Ha! I hardly play online shooters anymore, but when I do I'm no where near that bad. More like top 4, generally. Signs of old age, eh?
Not at all, more like signs of having played the game for 1 day before trying to play online. So no, I am not bad at shooters that I have played for more than a couple of hours, and actually know the maps on.

Nice try though. One day you may reach even a 10th of my skill level at CounterStrike, but I doubt it.

Oh, did that sound pretentious and silly? So did your comment.

You ready? You look ready.
Not at all, more like signs of having played the game for 1 day before trying to play online. So no, I am not bad at shooters that I have played for more than a couple of hours, and actually know the maps on.
Oh no, that's not the case either, but we already took care of this on AIM.

My friend rips me up on CS Source - I can't understand how he is so good on it , yet I play him on any console FPS and I obliterate him. I call aimbots !

I came in second on a CoD match this weekend...getting better!

Meanwhile, once we popped Dead Space in yesterday, it didn't come out. Awesome game. Constant mind-blowing moments. Finally a game that is actually attempting next-gen concepts. Not having a HUD is damn cool, and adds to the cinematic quality of the game. Not to mention that game is completely intense and totally horrifying. Did a major boss battle last night that lasted a good 20 minutes; pulse pounding and strategic! The game looks amazing, as well!

Notice the light bar on the character's spine, which is his health meter. The small half circle meter is his stasis energy. The ammo is displayed on the gun itself with a little hologram projection, making the game very immersive. When you do need to access one of the larger menus or maps, they are projected about 3 feet in front of the character by his suit. The menus operate in real time while you play, so if you need to check that map, you are in danger the entire time the menu is open. The whole presentation is really impressive.

The other cool twist is the strategic dismemberment engine, which has to be used on every enemy. Head and body shots do very, very little damage, and ammo is sparse, so one must take care to aim for and remove various appendages instead. This adds a whole different level of strategy when compared to your usual shooter, and it raises the tension measurably.

Add to this a haunting score, ridiculously well done sound design, Zero-G combat in some areas, and spectacular graphics, and this game is a must play. The stasis and Kinesis abilities add another level to the puzzle solving and combat, as well.

I can't find a screen to do any of the exterior, Zero-G areas justice. Believe me when I say they are impressive.

I really need to finish Dead Space... Fable 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion, and more. I have too many games to get through, but I like to buy new ones

I think, I'll stick 'em in a pile and play them all till complete. I love games

Dead Space underwhelmed me, I must say.

I'm lovin' Fable II a lot more since I learned how to use melee weapons properly - I was 2/3 the way through when it finally clicked so I started again, and I don't do that often with modern games so it must be doing something right. It's no classic, though.