1 month left in my annual Criterion subscription test

Tools    

If i can get a good amount {let's say 30 films at least} watched before June 18, 2024, i'll renew my subscription there, it can serve 3 purposes:

1. Finding what i want to own, and see on the tv
2. Discover things that would be hard to find or even know about otherwise
3. With headphones i can hear movies i'd feel awkward playing out loud in the living room.

Film #1

The Hidden Fortress -- 1958 -- I've slept on Kurosawa for a long time, i admire the heck out what i had gotten, but for some reason got carried away with continually diversifying the collection. It looks like something that would look much better on the tv. When we had TCM here in Canada on cable, i'd taped a few of his classics and LOVED Throne of Blood. This is partially why i felt i had enough for the time being. I've never seen Kagemusha even!! It's a lovely thing to have kept some things to be newly seen in the future, but these days 2024 onwards are when i get around to these films, one delicious film at a time. .... I'd just seen Barbara Sukowa's closet picks, and she describes watching a film as being like a long kiss. When she picks La Strada recalling how Fassbinder wanted her to see it for her role in Berlin Alexanderplatz, i got all emotional, Meize is a character that psychologically represents my redhaired High School friend. And then i played La Strada internally overlapping that, seeing Gelsomina and Meize unite.

Film #2 -- Vengeance is Mine -- 1984 -- this is the kind of thing i need the channel for. Brooke Adams, oh i loved her in the body snatchers movie, she's always been to me a spitting image of Margot Kidder too, those eyes, dark brown and popping like bubble gum. Looks like she gives quite a performance here too. I'll be watching this as our local hockey team faces elimination in the NHL playoffs.