best feel good movies

Tools    

I got for good luck my black tooth.
what are the movies that are just fun or make you feel good for one reason or another?

Two that come to mind for me are Big Daddy and Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

50 First Dates

Forrest Gump

Daylight

Practical Magic

Oscar (starring Sylvester Stallone)

And so many more.

For me, nothing beats Amélie. Nothing.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A system of cells interlinked
I'm with the Amelie as well. The Goonies always puts me in a good mood too....

Neutral Milk Hotel
Lord of the Rings Return of the King. you really get the feeling if you watch all three of them in a row.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Originally Posted by chingutee
Oscar (starring Sylvester Stallone)
I didn't notice this earlier...what a great choice! I've always loved this one. Quick, witty, and very, very, funny. This is my favorite Sly film. Period.

i have to agree with oscar...that moviie makes me laugh every time i see it..

zorro the gay blade
blazing saddles
what a girl wants
10 things i hate about you
doc hollywood
life of brian
holy grail

Originally Posted by susan
zorro the gay blade
It's been a long time since I've seen this one, but I do remember a scene that used to make me laugh; when Zorro's apprentice was wearing the teddy bear suit and was hopping up and down outside. You can see his head with his teddy ears bobbing up...then gone...up...then gone. When I was a kid I'd have giggling fits that I couldn't stop whenever that scene came up.

Speaking of the funny man named George: What about Love at First Bite? I remember laughing a lot when I was kid watching that one too...but I don't really know if it's anything that can be considered 'feel good', but funny rather. Though funny does 'feel' good...but there has to be some sort of line drawn in order to tell the two apart.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
It's been a long time since I've seen this one, but I do remember a scene that used to make me laugh; when Zorro's apprentice was wearing the teddy bear suit and was hopping up and down outside. You can see his head with his teddy ears bobbing up...then gone...up...then gone. When I was a kid I'd have giggling fits that I couldn't stop whenever that scene came up.

Speaking of the funny man named George: What about Love at First Bite? I remember laughing a lot when I was kid watching that one too...but I don't really know if it's anything that can be considered 'feel good', but funny rather. Though funny does 'feel' good...but there has to be some sort of line drawn in order to tell the two apart.
I guess the line would be that the movie has to be fairly bright and sunny and has to have a happy ending. It should be fun and not too serious. But then again you could argue that any movie that makes you feel good could be considered a feel good movie.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan

love at first bite didn't really have the same impact on me as zorro had..it had it's moments, i guess...i just prefer zorro

to add

a little romance
just one of the guys
victor/victoria

Randomly visiting for now
I definately agree with Forest Gump, it's a very uplifting story. Also I felt Garden State, Dead Poet's Society, 50 First Dates and Eternal Sunshine of the spotless Mind have made me feel good as of late .

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
I definately agree with Forest Gump, it's a very uplifting story. Also I felt Garden State, Dead Poet's Society, 50 First Dates and Eternal Sunshine of the spotless Mind have made me feel good as of late .
I would have to agree with you on Forest Gump! A very good movie.
Very sweet and uplifting!!
ANother one I agree to is Dead Poets Society!!! I love this one!
quote......"Oh, Captain My Captain!"
Here's one I thought was really good to and that is a feel good movie,
A Walk To Remember. A wonderful story I can relate to!!

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Garden State

Donnie Brasco for a reason

Oceans 11

Originally Posted by Godsend
Garden State

Donnie Brasco for a reason

Oceans 11
I agree heartily with Garden State. Even though it was a bit sappy I got sucked into it and the characters were great. I love scrubs and I was glad to see Zach Braff in a movie.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I don't know... for me, it's Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Any agree with me on that one?