The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Logan's Run! My second movie to make the list. And The Time Machine! My third to make it. Love both movies. I don't care if some of the effects have dated a bit, it's the whole package of these films that counts for me. That, and Jenny Agutter and Yvette Mimieux.

I liked The Presitige but not as much as The Illusionist. Snowpiercer---I've only seen the last half of, so I need to see it in its entirety.

So that makes:
#18 The War of the Worlds .90
#20 The Time Machine .69
#23 Logan's Run .71

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I watched Snowpiercer for one of the HoFs here, but I didn't like it.

I thought The Time Machine was on my list, but I just checked, and it wasn't. It was in my last round of cuts from my final list.

I'm glad to see it made the countdown anyway. I love Rod Taylor, and The Time Machine was one of his best movies.

Seen: 26-1/2 out of 32
My list: 3 so far

16) Source Code (2011)
21) Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
23) Galaxy Quest (1999)

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Stats

Demolition Man

Nothing special about this one. Not tied with anything.

Layout: 8th, 12th, 14th (x2), 15th, 22nd (x2)

Battle Royale

This was tied with another film, but was one less list, so it lost the tie breaker.

Layout: 2nd, 5th, 14th, 18th, 19th, 22nd, 25th

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Battle Royale, another I would never have thought of as Sci Fi.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Another one I overlooked, Battle Royal didn't occur to me to be sci-fi, but as it's set in the future I guess it counts. Would it have made my list? Possibly, but I don't know what I'd remove to make place for it. Demolition Man was on my original list, but got cut early on. Entertaining as ****, but it wasn't good enough.

Seen 23/34

My List:

7 Wreck-it Ralph
---
20. Silent Running
---
22. Guardians of the Galaxy

Both Demolition Man and Battle Royale are fun enough but neither are particular favourites of mine so didn't make my list.

Faildictions:
66. Alraune (1952)
65. Deep Impact (1998)

I liked Battle Royale, but nowhere near as much as I had hoped. I am going to revisit it at some point.

Demolition Man is the 5th movie to show up that I haven't seen. Despite being a Sly fan, it has never interested me.

Ok, I thought I'd show what I have so far :

4) Dune (1984)
15) The Prestige (2006)
23) Silent Running (1972)

Seen : 19/34

I love Battle Royal. But sadly Hunger Games might appear on this list at a much higher order. Not only Battle Royal was the inspiration for the latter (deny it or not), but it was more pellicular and more fun. One of my favorite Asian movies. Of you who said it wasn't as great as you'd expected, perhaps it's because you watched Hunger Games first.

Love Demolition Man. Not a bastion of quality, but purely entertaining enough to be one of my favorites.

Battle Royale I haven't seen in years, but I remember being lukewarm on it.

Demolition Man is the 5th movie to show up that I haven't seen. Despite being a Sly fan, it has never interested me.
Give it a go. It has a great premise. A couple o' ruffians are cryofrozen for their misdeeds and woken up amidst a squeaky clean ultra-PC future. Then they proceed to blow stuffs up and make funnies.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I'd be very disappointed if people wasted a vote on rubbish like Hunger Games.