Bill Paxton Dead at 61

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I hvent seen Nightcrawler yet but I'm thinking of how different he was in Apollo 13 compared to True Lies.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Aw that's a shame. I always rather liked Bill Paxton as a really good character actor in everything from Weird Science to Twister. Also enjoyed him during his run on Agents of SHIELD. And I really liked Frailty. Since seeing that a few years back I'd been hoping he would get behind the camera and direct again

He was great in season One Agents Of Shield and I have seen him off and on in movies. for me he was a solid supporting actor and played better as that but his Role in Twister just happened to work for him.

Didn't know you watched that. I watched the first season and part of the second, i liked it but got kind of bored of it. Paxton was great, might finish it now.
Yeah, I loved it so much for two seasons then it wore on me. I finished it though. I probably wouldn't have if my then wife hadn't liked it so much.

Well, if Mick Jagger doesn't die today, as I predicted last night.....

Clearly my third eye just has bad vision and needs reading glasses.

Both Bill and Mick are 4 letter first names.

Jagger and Paxton are 6 letter last names.

I saw the name in my psychic vision, but it was blurry - I couldn't read it. It said Bill Paxton, but I thought it said Mick Jagger. Sorry!

With great affection...

Game over, man, game over...
Was about to post that.

I'm sure someone as him wouldn't have found it offensive. What a gun guy, good actor. I enjoyed watched him on screen. Love him in Aliens and a nice surprise in Nightcrawler.

Must admit i've not seen Bill in that much, i usually thought of him as the dude in the big 80's action movies and the two i mentioned. Think it shows he was alot more than that since at least 15 different things he was in have been mentioned in this thread.

Stop ending lives SC you callous MoFo.
I think, on some psychic level, I knew Bill Paxton was going to die, and I was trying to prevent it, so I said Mick Jagger. I wouldn't have wanted Bill Paxton to die. I always thought Bill Paxton was hot. When someone hot dies, it's really devastating.

With great affection...

Game over, man, game over...

DAMMIT! Beaten again!

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Grew up with this on tv, frequently repeated between kids shows, Paxton uncredited...

Just heard about this, it's a shame I really did enjoy his films such as Nightcrawler, Frailty, and A Simple Plan. Hearing about this does make me want to watch Twister again which I hadn't seen since I was a kid. It also makes me determined to finally get around to Aliens, which I've had recorded for a couple years now.

RIP.

Sad, such a cool presence, he was always there in the movies since I was a kid. RIP.

Will his name be added to the "In Memoriam" part of the Oscars tonight? Yes?

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I would think they'd add him tonight.

I had no idea Al Jarreau died. From what I was told that was on Grammy night. And I guess they added him as the first person on the list.

I assume the Oscars will do the same with Bill Paxton.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I also haven't seen him in many movies, but wasn't Bill Paxton in "The Last Dinner"?
The Last Supper, yes.

R.I.P.