The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

The Prestige! One of the only films I can stand Christian Bale in. It was #6 on my list. Haven't seen Logan's Run.

Update - I have seen Snowpiercer but didn't like it and I've never seen The Time Machine.

Seen: 16/32

My List: 6/32
3. Looper (100)
6. The Prestige (72)
8. Signs (76)
13. Avatar (80)
14. 28 Days Later (85)
24. Source Code (92)

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Stats

Snowpiercer

Snowpiercer was tied with The Time Machine, but was on one less list, so it lost the tiebreaker.

Layout: 3rd, 7th, 9th, 11th,

The Time Machine

Like I said, this was tied with Snowpiercer, but was on one more list.

Layout: 3rd, 7th, 8th, 18th, 20th

I've seen both Snowpiercer and The Time Machine, but neither made my list. Snowpiercer wasn't in the running (I just thought it was fine), and I had meant to rewatch The Time Machine but didn't get around to it. I'm not sure I would've been able to fit it on my list anyway.

Seen: 22/32
My List: 3

01. Dredd (2012) - #96
09. Galaxy Quest (1999) - #88
22. Strange Days (1995) - #81

Not seen Snowpiercer yet. The TIme Machine is a classic and great fun.

I liked The Time Machine but not nearly enough to vote for it.

Snowpiercer is the 4th movie to show that I haven't seen, and I'm not really interested in it.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I remember being quite impressed by The Prestige but I've not seen it since my initial viewing not long after its release. Logan's Run is spectacularly dated but there was still a little bit of campy fun to be had with it. I'm amazed that a remake of it still hasn't come along. Snowpiercer was decent but underwhelming at the same time; woud like to give it the benefit of a rewatch though. And The Time Machine I actually watched for this countdown. For an older film it's ok but didn't think it was anything special. I did however love all the little time lapse sequences that represented the time travelling.

Seen - 24 / 32

My List
2. The Truman Show (94)
17. Guardians of the Galaxy (77)
20. Galaxy Quest (88)

Faildictions:
68. Brain Dead (1990)
67. Twelve Monkeys (1995)

I just couldnt get into Snow Piercer so never finished the movie. Though its not on my list Time Machine I think most has seen. I also saw The Time Machine with Guy Pierce which wasnt too bad but was basicly the same movie. Only the classic was better.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Faildictions:
68. Brain Dead (1990)
67. Twelve Monkeys (1995)
Woah woah woah!!! Twelve Monkeys better not show up for a good long while yet. I'm hoping it lands in the top 20/25 at least

Snowpiercer was good, but I'm surprised it's here.

I just rewatched The Time Machine a few weeks ago. It should've been on my list. Super fun seeing Rod Taylor 619ing a morlock.

I had Snowpiercer on my list at number 11. I was taken by surprise by this movie since I did not hear much about it when it was released in theaters. Pretty original story which is refreshing since it seems like Hollywood is running out of new ideas for movies.

Woah woah woah!!! Twelve Monkeys better not show up for a good long while yet. I'm hoping it lands in the top 20/25 at least
Same here. At the very least it will make the top 50 i think, wouldn't be surprised if it made the top 20/25 either.