Pets

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
His lil napping buddy looks like he likes him.

Hard to think of anything cuter than kittens spooning!

I grew up with a fat, lazy cat whose only regular exercise was beating up the neighborhood dogs -- he was basically Garfield without the stripes. So I grew up as a cat person, with no respect for dogs.

So, naturally, several years ago we got a dog against my will (our friend's dog went out and got herself in trouble, and the kids browbeat my wife into taking one of the little results). Snuggles (Whom I Didn't Name, Just For The Record!) was a cross between our friend's Pithuahua (ugliest dog I've ever seen!) and some Champion Fence-Jumper (handy name for an absentee puppy-daddy), and she promptly decided she was MY dog (?!). So I got ridiculously attached to her, to the point of changing careers to care for pets.

She only made it nine years (weird -- looked like a seizure, which she'd never had before; happened at home and I couldn't resuscitate her). Meanwhile, we'd adopted Tinkerbell (WIDN, JFTR!) a cat from my work, and a ball python whom I DID name Filaria ("Ria"), and a few years after Snuggles we added in Tiki (WIDN, JFTR!), a Yorkie who instantly joined my wife at the hip and has been there ever since.

I've loved all my pets, but my favorite patients are snakes -- the bigger the better! So I wouldn't mind throwing some more pythons and maybe boas into the mix, but I'm sure my wife would never let me get away with it.

By the way, I love that a thread like this can still be going strong after nearly a decade.

I know this is totally illegal and crazy, but I would just love to have one of these or at least access to one of them:

Yes I know they do not make good pets...wild animals...dangerous...spray everywhere...endangered...bla bla bla...but still. That purrrr...

I want me one, amazing.

Got any pics, BOP?

I'd love to see the python in particular. I think snakes are really beautiful and fascinating, but my love of rats means I'll never own one.
I tried, but Ria's getting ready to shed at the moment, so it's the usual thing -- "Don't look at me, I'm hideous!" I'll see what I can do once she's feeling more presentable, and I'll see what I have on the others while I'm at it.

I have a cute pupper called Jar Jar named after my favourite character!
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it.

I love schnauzers. Photos please.

Love those skunks. Such sweet animals. Came in to share this leaping quokka:

This is my bosses dog Brandy, I call her my little snowflake... she loves cuddles and playing and howls like a wolf.. it's the most adorable thing, she is an old lady dog now.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	brandy.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	29150  

This is Brandy's partner in crime Angel, I call her angel cakes, tubbs or tubby.. she is quite often found having an argument with a biscuit.. .
Attachments

Name:	Angel Cakes.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	386.2 KB
ID:	29151  

Last but not least, no idea how this cat gets into our house or where it comes from but we call her Millie, she likes eating my tuna, lounging in sun spots and quite clearly has a penis on her face. She takes and gives nothing in return.
Attachments

Name:	photo(5).JPG
Views:	91
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	29154  

Lol at the 'dick head' kitteh.

Tat, I cant remember how to spell your name to tag you but parking this here for you. Capybra flirting with a dog

https://www.facebook.com/georgehtake...0996447923398/

My tortoiseshell Raven right now: