MoFos on Roller Coasters!

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
If I had a panic attack every time I saw one, I pretty much wouldn't be able to function at all.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm a bitch because I refuse to walk on eggshells over someone's anxiety? Okay. I never claimed to be a professor of anything, but it's a simple fact that avoidance won't improve her problem.

And your constant mentions of funnel webs proves what? That you live in Australia. Neither I nor GBG are ever likely to encounter one as we both live in the U.S. They're irrelevant.

MV, I know that you're right that avoiding the problem won't make it any better. And that I have to confront it to get over it. I'm working on it with heights, but I just haven't been able to do the same thing with spiders, and I doubt I ever will be able to do it.

I don't ask anyone to walk on eggshells over my issue, but I do appreciate it when people just do whatever they can to not make it any worse. (I'm not saying that you've done anything to make it worse. I'm just saying that I appreciate it when people (nobody specific) don't intentionally post pictures just to scare me.)

I'm getting back to roller coasters, V. What are you doing?

I can't speak for where she lives, but I encounter spiders on pretty much a daily basis. They get inside my house and the office where I work all the time. If I had a panic attack every time I saw one, I pretty much wouldn't be able to function at all.
I doubt that's the case for gbg or she would have dealt with it. She has mentioned multiple times her fear of spiders often in the same post as she mentioned her work. She is from New York so it's obviously not as prominent as in sunny Cali unless i'm completely wrong coz i've never been to either. Sunny Florida was terrifying for me because of the size of the spiders roaming about often in your hotel room the first time you entered them

I'm getting back to roller coasters, V. What are you doing?

Getting back to roller coasters, the one that scared me the most was Volcano in King's Dominion in Virginia. The coaster comes shooting out of the top of the volcano, and then twists around the outside of the top of the volcano. I watched it for two days before I was able to ride it, but I eventually got on it, and it scared the heck out of me, but I did it.

Getting back to roller coasters, the one that scared me the most was Volcano in King's Dominion in Virginia. The coaster comes shooting out of the top of the volcano, and then twists around the outside of the top of the volcano. I watched it for two days before I was able to ride it, but I eventually got on it, and it scared the heck out of me, but I did it.
Hands in the air in celebration, gbg. Now you can do it again like this

Just kidding. I could never ride a coaster looking like Mr Bean

So you don't like feeling you can't get out of situations.

Probably why you like to complain at restaurants. When you get bad service, you feel like you're trapped in a bad situation. You feel blocked at those times, too.

No, I complain at restaurants because when I order my food a specific way, I expect to get it the way that I ordered it. If I wanted it the way it's listed on the menu, I wouldn't ask for it to be made differently.

And when I have an allergy to a specific food, and I ask them to make it without that food, and then they put that food in my meal anyway, I expect them to make it right.

I doubt that's the case for gbg or she would have dealt with it. She has mentioned multiple times her fear of spiders often in the same post as she mentioned her work. She is from New York so it's obviously not as prominent as in sunny Cali unless i'm completely wrong coz i've never been to either. Sunny Florida was terrifying for me because of the size of the spiders roaming about often in your hotel room the first time you entered them

It's not that bad here. We get spiders here once in a while, but it's Hubby's job to get rid of them. Also, I live in a co-op, and the maintenance guys here are very good at making sure that we don't have any type of pest problems.

Hands in the air in celebration, gbg. Now you can do it again like this

Just kidding. I could never ride a coaster looking like Mr Bean

I've actually been back to King's Dominion several times, and I ride Volcano every time I go there. I've also ridden the Anaconda ride there, and the Hulk coaster and Dueling Dragons in Orlando, as well as most coasters in several Six Flags parks.

Now look here - you watched it for two days.

Then got over your fear and got on it.

Same deal with spiders. Watch them.

And your mind will start to erase the fear.

I've tried to get over my fear of spiders, but it just makes it worse.

I've actually been back to King's Dominion several times, and I ride Volcano every time I go there. I've also ridden the Anaconda ride there, and the Hulk coaster and Dueling Dragons in Orlando, as well as most coasters in several Six Flags parks.

I never want to be Mr Bean on a coaster. I am forever the one on the right

Cobweb Hotel was great

The first time i almost said someone couldn't join one of my Hall of Fames but gbg went out of her way to accept it . And this was after everyone had already nominated and started watching so it would've been fair to say no. I think gbg has been more than fair in her willingness to join in with certain things outside her comfort zone,at least lately.

By the way, you guys should watch Hedwig and the Angry Inch if you haven't seen it.

You are doing all of this, psychologically, I think, to get over your fears and issues of being trapped, cornered, maybe unloved, overlooked, something. You're like a mouse trying to find an exit out of a maze. The spiders and that incident at camp horrified you because it brought up deeper issues. Issues of being stuck in a dangerous, dark, horrifying place.

Nope, I'm not afraid of the dark or dark places. I'm afraid of spiders. It's just that simple.

Was just looking at the Six Flags Discovery Kingdom site and found out that Roar no longer exists. It's been replaced by another coaster called The Joker. That makes me sad. The Joker looks fun, but if they were going to tear down a ride and replace it with something, it should've been Kong. Besides being a sucky ride, I swear it was closed down half the times I've gone to the park anyway.