The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Signs! The 2nd film from my top 10 to appear! Signs is my personal favorite film from Shyamalan. The performances from Phoenix and Gibson are great and yes the twist is dumb but the rest of the film more than makes up for it. Haven't seen La Jetée.

Seen: 14/26

My List: 5/26
3. Looper (100)
8. Signs (76)
13. Avatar (80)
14. 28 Days Later (85)
24. Source Code (92)

I've seen Signs, but it wasn't on my list. I liked it a lot more the first time I saw it, but have liked it significantly less with each subsequent viewing. I do still like it more than most of Shyamalan's other films though. Like Kaplan, I like the first half of the movie a lot more than the second half.

One of those screenshots of La Jetée looks familiar, but I don't think I've seen it. I imagine that I probably should though.

Seen: 18/26
My List: 3

01. Dredd (2012) - #96
09. Galaxy Quest (1999) - #88
22. Strange Days (1995) - #81

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
I don't know if we have the same DVD set, but the set that I bought is listed as "Extended Blu-Ray Collector's Edition" with the "original theatrical version, special edition re-release & all-new 3-hour collector's extended cut with 16 minutes of additional footage". It also includes an "Alternate Opening", and "8 hours of never before seen material including over 45 minutes of deleted scenes and more".
Jupp, that's the one.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Haven't seen Signs, but I watched La Jetée for the countdown. While I liked the artstyle, the overall feeling I had towards it was pretty much Meh. Could take it or leave it.

Seen 16/26

Prediction
74. The Prestige
73. Total Recall (1990)

Woody Allen is a pedophille
I'll watch it, if anyone has a link with subtitles, PM me.
The whole thing is a voice over, so the whole thing was re dubbed in english. Pretty sure this is an English version.
?width=1080

La Jetee was a good watch but it's not something that stuck with me at all.

I need to see Signs again. I thought it was decent but it's been a while.

Seen 24/26

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
THANKS Nope, looks like a few of us can check out.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I used to really like Signs (possibly even to the point of being a favourite) but I've not seen it in a fair few years now and as I wasn't able to squeeze in a rewatch prior to submitting I didn't consider it.

Not seen La Jetee but as someone that loves 12 Monkeys I've been meaning to give it a shot at some point for quite a while now

Seen - 18 / 26

My List
2. The Truman Show (94)
17. Guardians of the Galaxy (77)
20. Galaxy Quest (88)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've seen Signs, but it's not a favorite for me so I never even considered it for my list.

I watched La Jetée a while back for a Shorts HoF here, but I don't remember it very well so I didn't consider it for my list. It probably wouldn't have made my list even if I rewatched it because I didn't really consider shorts for my list.

Seen: 21-1/2 out of 26
My list: 3 so far

16) Source Code (2011)
21) Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
23) Galaxy Quest (1999)

I like Signs but I didn't have it on my list, nor did I really even consider it.

Haven't seen La Jetée so didn't vote for it. Signs is a movie I love, but also didn't vote for it, just to make room for others. And I'm totally fine with the twist. I know people say
WARNING: spoilers below
"Why would aliens invade a planet with water when they're allergic to it?" Well, I say, maybe they come from a place that doesn't have water and they don't know it hurts them. I understand Sci-Fi is better when part of it is based in reality, but, in the end, it's still Sci-Fi and not everything has to be scientifically logical, at least to me. That'w where the fiction part of Science Fiction comes in. I mean, I accepted that aliens were invading our planet in the movie, why wouldn't I accept that water hurts them? For all I know they just discovered that it hurt them when they came here, but by then they were already invested in the invasion and weren't going to back down. I know M. Night's character in the movie tells Mel that the aliens are staying away from bodies of water, but it doesn't mean they knew it was bad for them when they came our way. Anyway, again, either way, I was completely invested in the end, so water hurting them was just a small, um, drop in the bucket for me.

Thanks for the link to La Jetée Nope, just watched and enjoyed it though don't think it would have quite made the cut for my list.