New Individual Movie Pages

Tools    

Yeah, we're on the same page, don't worry, it's just that the exact alignment is going to differ a bit. For visualization, though, it helps to imagine the logo link extending as far as that rightmost gray "ray" that sticks out above the navigation a bit.

Can you let me know what your screen resolution is?

I have a PC. Screen resolution is 1440 x 900

I just wondered, if it might not be my Firefox add on No Squint, that allows me to increase font and zoom individually on web sites. I will go turn that off and post back.

Oh, yeah, definitely deactivate anything that would mess with zoom.

That seems fairly likely, if only because I can resize my window to literally any size and 1024 pixels wide is the only point at which the majority of "Movies" is overtaken by the logo.

Mystery solved It was my Firefox add on, No Squint, which was set to 105% zoom. When I turned it to the null point 100% the links worked perfectly. Sorry! for the false alarm!

I just had a thought... might be a bit complex to write and implicate on the site though.

MoFo reviews and quizzes and the like, are all connected to the individual movies page.

Well, is there a way for the official reviews to have an accumulative popcorn rating on the Individual Movies page?
So basically, when you go onto the movies page, and for instance look at The Martian, you can see a list of all the reviews and who has favourited the movie as well... but one thing missing is an average score?

What I mean is, The Martian has 8 reviews, with popcorn ratings of 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, and 2.5... so on average, based on MoFo's reviews, that's 31.5 out of 40... or 78%... which is the same as

Maybe even, for people who don't write reviews, have an option on the movie's page to click one of the 11 different popcorn ratings which then goes toward the accumulative score as well.

Well, is there a way for the official reviews to have an accumulative popcorn rating on the Individual Movies page?
So basically, when you go onto the movies page, and for instance look at The Martian, you can see a list of all the reviews and who has favourited the movie as well... but one thing missing is an average score?
Yup! That's exactly what's planned. MM asked something similar on the previous page:

Ratings are something I wanted to include with the launch of the individual movie pages, but it was holding up the release and I figured it can just be added later. So that's definitely still planned: if anything, the main holdup is aesthetic, rather than technical, in that I want to find a solution that's smooth and easy to use intuitively, like the Seen/Unseen button.
The average rating thing from the reviews I could have up in five minutes, but I'd rather have a fuller solution that lets people who haven't reviewed it rate them, too. And while that's also fairly easy, I want it to be just right.

Also have to sort out some tricky logic about how to handle ratings from people who've already rated the film via review. But the rating stuff is coming sooner rather than later, for sure.

Yeah, definitely would be popcorn-based. I'm not against giving people more granular control if they're searching or filtering or something, though, potentially. But the at-a-glance rating would be popcorns.

So I take it that the ratings are going to be on our profiles as well. Would be great to see favorites and general ratings.

Update!

Well, maybe that's because that feature has yet to be added.
This should be added now, even retroactively. It involved several steps with a lot of moving parts, but I'm like 90% sure I did it right.

If anyone wants to pick a few of their reviews at random and click on the More Info link at the bottom to see if it's marked seen, that would be appreciated. If you pick a few you're pretty sure you never checked off, and they all look checked off, and 2-3 of you do it, that'll probably be enough to verify I didn't accidentally blow everything up.

Wait, what! How did I miss this? It's amazing, and far more complete than I expected it to be (it's only been a week after all)!

Thanks for the great work here, Yoda.

I just checked the first few pages of my oldest reviews, movies range from big blockbusters to small indie flicks, so definitely gonna be something in there I never checked off for a fact - and I would also say that 90% of those old films are some that never appeared on official mofo wide lists and since the movie feature is new I never went and checked them off either...

AND yes, they are all checked off, @Yoda. You did it (I'm pretty sure).

(Oh and I really love the individual movie pages design and how it is simple, neat and goes with the forum design - good work here as well)

Despite joking, obviously, it would be cool to have both - but keeping the popcorn rating at a standard 0.5-5. So it could be like
- 76.5% - and then with the precise rating in percentage next to it, under it, or whatever fits best. That way it would make it easier to seperate all the 100s of movies which would end up getting the sams average in popcorn language.